Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 1001
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    6,648
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    What's the latest on Pineda. I've mentally checked out with him and assumed his career is all but over. Does this guy have a chance of being anything at all or is that injury too much?
    It's going good from what this article says

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...and-rehab-news

    Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

    Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,010
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    It's going good from what this article says

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...and-rehab-news
    That article reminded me of the arm problems that were predicted for Pineda when the trade went down. I was skeptical but was excited and eventually totally forgot that they said there could be problems.

    I really hope that he can come back and be in our rotation next year, but I'm kinda feelin the same as the guy who asked the question... I'm going to assume his career is over. Thank God Montero isn't raking in Seattle or I'd be super pissed.

    EDIT: I'm assuming his career is over so that if he comes back and gets hurt or doesn't do well (or even if he never comes back) I won't feel bad cause I already feel like he's gone

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,009
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    It's going good from what this article says

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...and-rehab-news
    Bleacher reports are garbage, I wouldn't take a word they say with any merit.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,009
    vCash
    1500
    Anyway, Ronnie M. just came off the 15 day DL in AAA ball.

    Guy is crushing the ball in AAA. He is a pretty good third baseman with a strong arm(from reports I've read) They really use him all over the field down there. He can also play LF AND RF. But his defensive isn't as good in the outfield. I say let him rehab a week in AAA ball and bring him up.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    6,648
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Bleacher reports are garbage, I wouldn't take a word they say with any merit.
    They were referencing a report from newday.

    Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

    Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,010
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Anyway, Ronnie M. just came off the 15 day DL in AAA ball.

    Guy is crushing the ball in AAA. He is a pretty good third baseman with a strong arm(from reports I've read) They really use him all over the field down there. He can also play LF AND RF. But his defensive isn't as good in the outfield. I say let him rehab a week in AAA ball and bring him up.
    If what you say is true, I see him being a sept. call up. No way they bring him up in August.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,009
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    If what you say is true, I see him being a sept. call up. No way they bring him up in August.
    He could be a-rod's replacement with using nix and chavez too. Instead of going to trade for a guy like ty wigg. Who is more of a platoon guy. Ronnie M. can hit both lefties and rightes. So you can have him play 5 games a week, 1 to chavez and 1 to nix, or something like that.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    66
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    That article reminded me of the arm problems that were predicted for Pineda when the trade went down. I was skeptical but was excited and eventually totally forgot that they said there could be problems.

    I really hope that he can come back and be in our rotation next year, but I'm kinda feelin the same as the guy who asked the question... I'm going to assume his career is over. Thank God Montero isn't raking in Seattle or I'd be super pissed.

    EDIT: I'm assuming his career is over so that if he comes back and gets hurt or doesn't do well (or even if he never comes back) I won't feel bad cause I already feel like he's gone
    Pineda's young and he will have the best doctors in the world working on him. I am confident he will be a Yankee starter next year and he will be impressive. If he were 35, I would write him off, but at his age, he will be back with a lot to prove (and that can be incredibly motivating).

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    1500
    With all his recent issues is there anyone that will take a shot at Josh Hamilton? Surely his price is dropping? Any chance he ends up in New York? I don't see it, but I would love to see what numbers he could put up in the Bronx.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gra33zy View Post
    With all his recent issues is there anyone that will take a shot at Josh Hamilton? Surely his price is dropping? Any chance he ends up in New York? I don't see it, but I would love to see what numbers he could put up in the Bronx.
    100 games a season....

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    He could be a-rod's replacement with using nix and chavez too. Instead of going to trade for a guy like ty wigg. Who is more of a platoon guy. Ronnie M. can hit both lefties and rightes. So you can have him play 5 games a week, 1 to chavez and 1 to nix, or something like that.
    I'd much rather see him up than making a trade. We might find out he can hit at the mlb level and have a viable Swisher replacement.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Pineda's young and he will have the best doctors in the world working on him. I am confident he will be a Yankee starter next year and he will be impressive. If he were 35, I would write him off, but at his age, he will be back with a lot to prove (and that can be incredibly motivating).
    I like your optimism and I agree completely. I see him coming back and hopefully the only thing wrong with his shoulder is that he has a huge chip on it and pitches like the beast from the first half of last season. He is a huge man, and still plenty young enough to have a great career.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,818
    vCash
    1500
    I'd be all for bringing Mustelier up if they don't get a legit bat for 3B. If the options are Wigginton and guys like that I'd rather they stick Mustelier at 3B and see what he can do. Unfortunately even if they do bring him in they'll still go platoon crazy and I doubt he'd get a ton of time. At least there is some offensive upside with him.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,009
    vCash
    1500
    Sources: Cliff Lee will not be dealt too rangers..phillies do not want to eat any of his contract and want good prospects in return.

    Josh johnson not going to be traded, asking price is way too high.

    Also Josh Beckett will not be traded to texas either, deal went no where.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,009
    vCash
    1500
    Joe blanton's medical records were just faxed to the orioles..looks like they might be pushing hard to get him.

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •