Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree with so much of what u said but u and i usually do. The only reason i can see for Phelps not starting is they really have no one else that offers the versatility he does. If Joba comes back well and they leave Phelps in the pen its an epic fail on the part of the Yanks. As u said its the perfect time for the Yanks to figure out what Phelps is going to be.

As far as resigning Hughes your right its not the way the Yanks do business but their being stupid for not changing the way they operate, it only cost them more money in the long run. Nova's another one they should sign long term, buy out the rest of his arb yrs and 2-3 yrs of his FA yrs. Even if they eventually decided to move him he's worth a hell of alot more signed long term.

The Yanks are simply going to have to change how they deal with resigning players if they hope to lower payroll or their going to back themselves into a corner and lose a good player or 2, then be forced to give up good prospects to fill that hole. I could go on and on but i regress
    Totally agree. I'd offer a similar but longer deal for nova.

Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Do we really need more pen help?

Wassup with aardsma?
    Ah, no, we don't.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassų
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Just as I predicted Ichiro, I'm predicting a Ty Wiggington or Chone Figgins deal.

(as he pats himself on the back)
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Figgins blows. If Cash trades for him he should be fired.

vCash
    via mlbtr indians might trade justin masterson. anyone interested?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    He's having a down year, particularly with his control, and i'm not as hyped on him as others. It all depends on the asking price. I'd be interested if it was in the ballpark of one of Brett Marshall/Bentaces + one of Austin Romine/Melky Mesa/Zoilo or Abe Almonte. And even then I'm not sure if I would do it.

vCash
    I don't want Justin Masterson.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    lots of rumors on espn going around that the yanks may be shopping for a pitcher now too since pettite had a setback, and I heard on their station last night yanks still in headley hunt.

Although I think they wont do anything today, and they are just trying to stir headlines, we'll see I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    Jerry Crasnick is reporting that the Giants are close to a deal of Pence to Giants. The Phillies would get back Gary Brown and at least 1 pitching prospect. If thats true it amazing how much Pences value has fallen in a yr. At that price its really to bad we already made the trade for Ichiro.

Browns a nice prospect but i thought the Phillies would get alot more than that back for Pence, isn't that about half of what they gave up. Great deal for Giants for a yr and a half of Pence

vCash
    Do you realize he is owed $14M next season in arbitration? I also find Pence to be overrated.

vCash
    Get me some Wiggy we need help

vCash
    I'm hearing we might get Ty Wigginton by tomorrow from WFAN..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    34 years old, hitting .230, 9 homers. Seems like a guy that'll fit right in.

Does hit .274 in 95 ABs against left handed starters.

Platoon all the things!

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I'm about to get made fun of but what are the possibilities of getting both Utley and Lee + Money from Philly? None. But it's always interesting to play with it in ones mind. So, for hypothetical sake... What would be an appropriate package and amount of money the Phillies would eat from both Lee and Utley? They just said something on baseball tonight about Utley possibly being available. I mean he came up as a third basemen, I wonder if he could move mid season.

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/philadelp...illies/yearly/

Phillies get: Many Banuelos, David Phelps, Dellin Betances, Eduardo Nunez

Yankees get: Cliff lee + $10m a year on the last 4 and a half years of his contract, Chase Utley + $2m a year on the last year and a half on his contract

Playoff time:

Jeter
    Granderson
    Teixeira
    Cano
    Rodriguez dh/3b
    Utley dh/3b
    Swisher
    Martin
    Ichiro
    We don't usually agree on a lot but in this I think there is merit.

Couple of things though:

Even though Lee chose Philly in large part because of the Children's Hospital I find it very strange that NY is one of 9 teams he has a dedicated no-trade to. This seems to go a little bit beyond the liking NY but loving Philadelphia arguement.

Utley in his prime was still generally a horrible 2nd half player. He plays like Babe Ruth from April until June and then like Pat Kelly from July onward. Too much decline and injury baggage to take seriously but I like the fact that you're thinking epic instead of micro.

Remember when George would acquire Ruben Sierra and David Cone on the same day when the team was already on fire just to seal the deal. NOW we're reduced to talking about Headly and Betancourt.....

I like your go big theory because this team always seems to feast on mediocre talents during the summer months and then gets spanked due to better competition and a lack of clutch performance by guys who at this point can't really be counted on to do anything else ala ARod and Swisher when everything is on the line in October.

I would probably be looking bigger then what's being bandied around here.....but hey, that's just me.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 07-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    34 years old, hitting .230, 9 homers. Seems like a guy that'll fit right in.

Does hit .274 in 95 ABs against left handed starters.

Platoon all the things!
    Which is better than Pena and should help out with a lot of positions

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast