Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just resign Ichiro for one more year and put him in RF to replace the departing Swisher. 100 stolen bases with Ichiro and Brett leading the way.
    Sad to say, but Brent may be odd man out. We must see, and will see! what ichiro brings to NY for several months + POST SEASON PLAY FROM HIM. You can't discount what does then. Only after that, can you decide what to do. If exceptional, ichiro would deserve 3 year extension! period. end of discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    I wouldn't mind another starter to be honest. They have all been pitching well, but I feel like this rotation isn't world series caliber right now. The same thing happens almost every year. The rotation is solid, good enough to let the Yankees clobber bad, and average teams, then we get to the playoffs and they struggle against the good teams. This may seem really spoiled considering how good our starters have been recently, but I've seen this many times before.
    with Andy coming back and Phelps being a very capable back of the rotation guy i don't think we need a starter. Other than the nationals, who plan on shutting Strasburg down in Sept, and us non of the playoff teams rotations are in great shape. The Rangers rotation is pretty much in shambles now, the Angels rotation hasn't been great, Detroit improved theirs some yesterday but i wouldn't say theirs is as good as ours. Just about every serious conteender is looking for serious rotation upgrades and their all not going to get them. I'm fine with our rotation going forward and if Pettitte is able to come back healthy we'll have a great playoff rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I think a smart trade is swish for pence. Pence signed through only 2013 so his salary won't hurt the tax in 2014.

Swish let's the Phil's lose salary this year.

Plus the righty bat might fit nice in our lefty heavy lineup and give our kids like Nason and Austin a shot at 2014.
    i wish but the Phillies are asking for young cheap players in return not an expiring contract. I'd love to make that deal but Philly would even consider it

vCash
    i find it amazing considering where Hanely was a couple of yrs ago the Marlins are going to move him. He looked like he was going to be an elite cornerstone type player and now he's no where near elite. It will be interesting to see where he land and what they get for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy D0g View Post
    Sad to say, but Brent may be odd man out. We must see, and will see! what ichiro brings to NY for several months + POST SEASON PLAY FROM HIM. You can't discount what does then. Only after that, can you decide what to do. If exceptional, ichiro would deserve 3 year extension! period. end of discussion.
    Glad you aren't the GM. I don't care if Ichiro tears the cover off the ball the rest of the way, a 3 year extension for him is a stupid move.

vCash
    No. Definitely not end of discussion.

Just because a big name player like Ichiro comes over from Seattle, does not mean small white man Gardner deserves to be forgotten about.

If I had to choose between the two for starting LF for the Yankees in 2013, it will be Gardner.

Ichiro is declining. Not the same player. I still think he was a solid addition especially since we have up nothing.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Glad you aren't the GM. I don't care if Ichiro tears the cover off the ball the rest of the way, a 3 year extension for him is a stupid move.
    BULL because if ichiro does tear the hide off, and turns into Cano Light with 40 SB, you'd be talkin bout how we should have signed him in 2012, and and blah blah blah whatever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    enjoy

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    No. Definitely not end of discussion.

Just because a big name player like Ichiro comes over from Seattle, does not mean small white man Gardner deserves to be forgotten about.

If I had to choose between the two for starting LF for the Yankees in 2013, it will be Gardner.

Ichiro is declining. Not the same player. I still think he was a solid addition especially since we have up nothing.
    end of discussion. it works to make my point stand out!
    Its a figure of speech. relax.

But why did you say small white man? are you weird or something? you have one of those phobias?

vCash
    BULL because if ichiro does tear the hide off, and turns into Cano Light with 40 SB, you'd be talkin bout how we should have signed him in 2012, and and blah blah blah whatever
    I can absolutely guarantee you I will not be thinking this at all.

vCash
    Agreed. Ichiro is a rental and nothing more. Similar to Berkman.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    I would not mind letting swish go and signing ichiro to replace swish (not Gardy).
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    We'll trade for Hanley once we find out A-Rod is done for the season with some kind of broken bone in the wrist/hand area.

Edit- The Dodgers got Hanley. If they can motivate that guy, he can be a beast hitting alongside Kemp and Ethier.
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 07-25-2012 at 02:40 AM.

vCash
    Can't believe they got Hanley and a decent reliever for a guy who's probably going to be a #3 starter and a PTBNL...

EDIT: Also, this definitely means that they're going to involve Zach Lee in any Dempster/Garza deal, now that Eovaldi's gone.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Yeah, pretty crazy. I assume the Dodgers took on his whole contract but still a steal.

Anyway, with A-Rod going down its pretty obvious this lineup will need some offense. Whether it be at 3rd base or C you would think they need an upgrade somewhere.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast