Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I think the purpose of qualls is just to eat innings in relief so as to not tire out the better relievers on the team.
    That and to keep Joba's roster spot warm until he returns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I think the purpose of qualls is just to eat innings in relief so as to not tire out the better relievers on the team.
    That and to keep Joba's roster spot warm until he returns.
    This.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind another starter to be honest. They have all been pitching well, but I feel like this rotation isn't world series caliber right now. The same thing happens almost every year. The rotation is solid, good enough to let the Yankees clobber bad, and average teams, then we get to the playoffs and they struggle against the good teams. This may seem really spoiled considering how good our starters have been recently, but I've seen this many times before.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    I think a smart trade is swish for pence. Pence signed through only 2013 so his salary won't hurt the tax in 2014.

Swish let's the Phil's lose salary this year.

Plus the righty bat might fit nice in our lefty heavy lineup and give our kids like Nason and Austin a shot at 2014.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    http://rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/370986/phils-float-six-year-$140m-offer-for-hamels

Joel Sherman of the New York Post was told by an executive from an outside team that the Phillies floated an offer of around six years and $140 million to Cole Hamels.
    If true, it would be the second-richest contract ever given to a pitcher, behind CC Sabathia's $161 million commitment with the Yankees. The impending free agent still hasn't said yes, which Sherman believes increases the likelihood that he will be traded in advance of the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
    Wow that is ridiculous. He is a good pitcher but not good enough for that contract. Good luck to whoever signs him.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    As far as I'm concerned, no pitcher is good enough for that contract.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Hamels is a fool. The Phillies even moreso.

Did they not learn that tying up $85 million in 4-5 pitchers equals no rings?

I love when teams try to copy the Yanks and fail.

Hence, gimme a phlelps and nova at 350k each so we can grab big boppers and a sick bullpen!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Agree with Leo.

vCash
    Tim Kurkjian of ESPN.com reports that the Rays and Angels are discussing a deal that would send James Shields to Anaheim in exchange for Peter Bourjos and Hank Conger.
    Kurkjian says the deal is "complicated because money is involved," and it's possible Ervin Santana could be included in it, as well. Shields is having a down year with a 4.39 ERA and 1.44 WHIP, but the Angels view him as a clear upgrade over Santana. Bourjos would give the Rays an eventual replacement for B.J. Upton, while Conger would give them a young catcher that they've been craving.
    Interesting if it comes to fruition

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I think a smart trade is swish for pence. Pence signed through only 2013 so his salary won't hurt the tax in 2014.

Plus the righty bat might fit nice in our lefty heavy lineup and give our kids like Nason and Austin a shot at 2014.
    Just resign Ichiro for one more year and put him in RF to replace the departing Swisher. 100 stolen bases with Ichiro and Brett leading the way.

vCash
    I dont want ichiro in rf next year thats for sure

vCash
    Wandy to the Pirates

vCash
    Tom Singer of MLB.com reports that the Pirates are close to completing a trade for Wandy Rodriguez.

CBS Sports' Danny Knobler has confirmed Singer's report. It's a surprising shift in tactics by the Pirates, as they had been focusing on adding a much-needed hitter. The Astros will likely have to pick up a decent chunk Wandy's deal, which pays him roughly $30 million over the next two and a half seasons. Interestingly, Rodriguez's next scheduled start is currently set to come against the Pirates.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Also:
    Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com was told by an Orioles source that the team will not acquire Hanley Ramirez.

The O's apparently are no longer in the mix, but Heyman says the A's are "definitely in," and the Dodgers "also make sense." It's looking likelier by the day that the Marlins ship the infielder somewhere, as they appear to be in full-blown sell mode.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

I had to login and jump on that. Pence is someone I've wanted on the team since seeing Granderson play for Detroit! Pence has serious D skills and with the right hitting coach would improve, along with his power, another granderson!

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast