Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash

In the long run (Harper vs Trout)

I was watching a panel of sports "experts" as always experts is debatable however they stated something i found interesting. they said that although Trout is having a better season in the long run they would take Bryce Harper ... if this had been debated to death on here remove this. but being a fan of both players i find it hard to see why they would make this choice .. i feel both will be stars in this league and its hard to gauge after less then 1 season.. but I fail to see anything trout does poorly... i can;t see any reason at this time why anyone would peg Bryce Harper to be the better player between the 2 .. would anyone else choose Harper over Trout if they were making a team right now and could choose one? .. cause i would take Trout in a heart beat.
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    This has been debated to death.

vCash
    Becuase Harper is 19

vCash
    Trout is the better player now, but Harpers ceiling is nearly limitless. Today, I choose Trout, in three years, I'm taking Harper. If I had to draft for an MLB team today, knowing Trout will play better for three years, I'm taking Harper.

vCash
    There is already a Harper vs. Trout thread. I chose Harper due to my belief that he has a higher ceiling but Trout got trashed in that thread. Weird that I had to defend the guy I did not pick.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Walker View Post
    Becuase Harper is 19
    trout is 20...?

i would take trout just because he is so explosive like a hungry lion, yet graceful, like a frolicking unicorn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    trout is 20...?

i would take trout just because he is so explosive like a hungry lion, yet graceful, like a frolicking unicorn.
    Yea there's not much of a age difference. But there is a difference in service time. I don't think you can go wrong with either personally. I don't think either will be significantly better then the other.

vCash
    Trout for me.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 49-62, games this week vs. Cardinals (3), Angels (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    harper
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Who knows, and who cares. I'll pick Harper because I want Harper to be the man. His ceiling has always seemed limitless, but so does Trout's currently. However, current comparisons aren't really fair because Trout got the best possible scenario, and Harper hasn't.

Trout was called up mid-year to replace a player on the DL, and it was never a permanent call-up. He was called up later with no pressure to succeed. Thus, he got to get acclimated to the Majors in a very preferable way, and his stats this year are indicative of this, and of the fact that this isn't his first shot at the bigs.

Harper was called up early in the season and expected to be an everyday CF (not his position) and to be a middle-of-the-lineup hitter.

Those are tough expectations for your first call-up. Thus, it is fitting he is hitting poorly --- Trout was terrible in his first 40-game stint.

I expect next year will give us a great glimpse at what the future holds from these two players.

vCash
    Dude we see this same post all the time. Im getting sick of it. But to answer your question, i'll go with Trout

vCash
    Harper has higher potential I believe.

Give me Harper
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASPORTSFAN1996 View Post
    Harper has higher potential I believe.

Give me Harper
    Trout is 20. He's a much better player than Harper who is 19 right now.

We're talking about Trout who could end up having a 10 WAR season playing like 130 games or so. Leads the league in many major hitting categories.

The only thing Harper has more potential in is hitting more home runs. That's it.

vCash
    Trout is 20. He's a much better player than Harper who is 19 right now.

The only thing Harper has more potential in is hitting more home runs. That's it.
    Yea pretty much what you said..

If you haven't already Check out this identical thread from a few months back for some kicks :

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=715961

PSD has some real bright ones navigating around the premises.
    Angels::
    Lakers:
    Rams:::
    OSU Beavers (Football):

vCash
    Mike trout and it's not even a debate!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast