Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Facepalm yourself. Go down our prospect list and tell me which of those players will turn into a first line player or anymore than a 2nd? Go into it with an unbiased frame of mind too. Our prospects are NOT as good as we all think they are. I'm not one of those fans who's gotten comfortable with being negative or who likes the fact that things aren't going well. Bottom line is they just aren't. I don't think depth is a word I'd use in regards to this team.
    This team has depth at every position, so not using the term "depth" to describe this organization would REALLY limit what you can call it.

We're probably just going to have to kill this debate because it'll end up turning into nothing but a fight so I'm done here. Some people look at the team with blinders on and some people look at it realistically even though it hurts as a fan to see it that way. Just because the Marlies went far doesn't mean the NHL team will. I'll admit it's great they did, it's good experience in a far inferior league. But it doesn't mean results at the next level necessarilly.
    Did i ever say that it was my rankings? It was an independant website (american i think) that ranks all the NHL teams spec pools. I didn't even go looking for it, Branwings told us about it.

I can't say anything in these threads without being called a young "blue and white" homer. A prospect website ranked us number 1 and for some reason LEAF FANS are trashing the specs. I think some ppl are just to negative here.

vCash
    Wasn't talking about the Bluejackets dude. Anyways I respect your opinion. We all have our own. You think our prospect pool is deep in talent and I think it's mediocre. Time will tell who's wrong. Settle down. I hope your havin a great night. It's raining out here.. kinda lame.
    I live in Burlington. No rain.

The jackets comment was a "hat tip" to the guy who made the thread.

I'm not pissed. I'm eating Pizza playing MW3 right now. I only have ~45 ish seconds to type each message.

vCash
    check that. I am pissed. Just got ****ing no scoped in a SnD game. WTF

vCash
    First of all I'm not picking on you specifically. Like I said I respect your opinion. Time will tell. But I'd be hard pressed to believe we have depth at every position. Look up the middle and between the pipes. I also don't remember anyone calling you a "blue and white homer". The negativity stems from a near decade of being the laughing stock of the league. Again I don't like it.. I wish we were annual contenders. Maybe some day we'll get back there.

vCash
    First of all I'm not picking on you specifically. Like I said I respect your opinion. Time will tell. But I'd be hard pressed to believe we have depth at every position. Look up the middle and between the pipes. I also don't remember anyone calling you a "blue and white homer". The negativity stems from a near decade of being the laughing stock of the league. Again I don't like it.. I wish we were annual contenders. Maybe some day we'll get back there.
    Kadri, Colborne, McKegg, Abbot are the centres that they have rated highly.

Rynnas, Owuya, Scrivens, Reimer (he graduated but he was a major peice to them)

Thats some good C and G depth. IMO. NOT ELITE but depth

vCash
    Abbot?? Who is he

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Kadri, Colborne, McKegg, Abbot are the centres that they have rated highly.

Rynnas, Owuya, Scrivens, Reimer (he graduated but he was a major peice to them)

Thats some good C and G depth. IMO. NOT ELITE but depth
    I think we're both on the same page now. Depth in #'s but not necessarilly depth in terms of front line talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Abbot?? Who is he
    no clue. i just posted the top 4 in each category

vCash
    So you guys are basically saying we have quantity, not quality

Legendary

vCash
    No one on here can make the call on how a player in the ahl will turn out...maybe we get lucky like other teams with late round picks maybe we dont...its all up to the player

vCash

leafs team vs blue jackets comparison

We are impatient and will pay guys like Connelly to take spots away from our 2nd tier prospects or put them to early and they fail with all the pressure. And then we trace them when value low
    We should not have Kadri and colborne as our 6 and 7th centre on depth. Nor shall we gve them full time duties one top line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    So you guys are basically saying we have quantity, not quality
    I think we have quantity in terms of prospects who will pan out to be good 2nd/3rd line guys. Nice complemetary players. But in terms of guys who will turn into star players or first line talents we lack. But you never know. Sometimes guys surprise people in rare cases. There's always that 6th 7th round pick every few years that turns into a gem.

vCash
    This thread is a joke

vCash
    Well come to the.offseason hahaha

vCash
    How many teams can hnestly say they have elite specs?

Kadri was the 20th best prospect last season, according to that site, and last i checked he was still around 25. Kadri has top tier talent. Elite? Doubt it but he is promising.

Wtf? So ppl take outta this that we have quantity. Omg. Burke has a farm that has quality 3rd liners up the butt and if their offense translates they could be second liners. Colborne and kadri have second line skill. Ashton, frattin, biggs could all be quality 2nd liners with a fully developed offensive game, but are very promising 3rd liners at worst (except biggs, im not that high on him tbh)

I like what ktown said. We have no clue what will happen but burke has stockpiled a bunch of hardworking and talented 2nd and 3rd liners. Finn and reilly add top 4 talent.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast