Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatematt82 View Post
    What do u mean troll? Not clear
    He thinks you are a Troll doll. It's the highest compliment that can be given on these boards.

Congrats!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    And you're on drugs. Did I just read this correctly. The leafs have a better roster, but the blue jackets are in a better position to build into a champ. What are you smoking? Even if they suck beyond words can discribe next yr. Nathan makinon will not make them a contender. Burke has stocked the cupboard. Columbus is a mess top to bottom.

To top it off - Toronto is the richest team in the league...... Columbus is a budget team
    Burke's stocked the cupboard with a bunch of guys who will be lucky to peak as 2nd line players if that. Most likely some of them turn out to be solid 3rd liners and some of them may never make it. There's not one truely "elite" prospect in our system besides maybe Morgan Rielly and Kadri maybe as well. And that's just a maybe. Could there be a few surprises?... Maybe I suppose. But don't hold your breath. We may actually be starting to use our draft picks in the last 3 or 4 years for the first time in a long time. But just because we finally are doesn't mean we're stacking the cupboard with "elite" young talent. Leafs fans are guilty at times of over rating our prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Burke's stocked the cupboard with a bunch of guys who will be lucky to peak as 2nd line players if that. Most likely some of them turn out to be solid 3rd liners and some of them may never make it. There's not one truely "elite" prospect in our system besides maybe Morgan Rielly and Kadri maybe as well. And that's just a maybe. Could there be a few surprises?... Maybe I suppose. But don't hold your breath. We may actually be starting to use our draft picks in the last 3 or 4 years for the first time in a long time. But just because we finally are doesn't mean we're stacking the cupboard with "elite" young talent. Leafs fans are guilty at times of over rating our prospects.
    Hockeysfuture.com is not a leaf fan, and they have us at #1 in the NHL. So obviously people like what Burke is doing with the specs.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Really #1 ranked prospects in the league??? Complete ******** that is whoever decided that. Maybe the #1 ranked farm team.. I could see that possibly. But I'll disagree to the death with whoever thinks we have the best prospects in the league. I wouldn't be so fast to put those guys at hockeys future on a high horse either.

vCash
    I mean christ. I'd almost trade pretty much any combination of 6 of our prospects to just have two like Florida does in Markstrom and Huberdeau. Those are elite prospects. Tyler Biggs, Carton Ashton, Percy ect aren't even in the same league as prospects like those two.

vCash
    If I was a mod I would of closed this by now. #ModRapz #TOforLeafsMod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    And you're on drugs. Did I just read this correctly. The leafs have a better roster, but the blue jackets are in a better position to build into a champ. What are you smoking? Even if they suck beyond words can discribe next yr. Nathan makinon will not make them a contender. Burke has stocked the cupboard. Columbus is a mess top to bottom.

To top it off - Toronto is the richest team in the league...... Columbus is a budget team
    Columbus is going to suck for they next few years, and they are going to get a top 3 pick all of those years. They have 3 first round picks next year alone. Not to mention Ryan Murray the #2 pick from this years draft. Toronto will draft 8th the next 4 years and never get a star player.
    What makes the difference if we have money to spend if no one wants to come here? I guess it does allow us to have the likes of Lombardi,Komisarek and Connelly.

What ****ing shelf is it that Burke has stocked???????????

vCash
    ^
    It's like I said man. Now that we're picking in the first round people put guys like Tyler Biggs on the same level as a top 5 pick. Yes it's great we made some first round picks but none of them outside of Rielly is what most consider to be a top of the line prospect.

vCash
    Gardiner and Reimer. Those two (on top of the great depth we have at ALL positions) made us number 1. But since Gardiner and Reimer have "graduated" we dropped. Holzer will also be lost to graduation.

They have yet to add Finn or Reilly or anyother 2012 draftee.

vCash
    ^
    It's like I said man. Now that we're picking in the first round people put guys like Tyler Biggs on the same level as a top 5 pick. Yes it's great we made some first round picks but none of them outside of Rielly is what most consider to be a top of the line prospect.
    , who said this? Being a top rated farm isn't just because you have 1 or 2 elite specs, it's about the strength as a whole.

My god, Leafs fans ***** about how bad this organization is and then one small good thing happens and they get offended.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Facepalm yourself. Go down our prospect list and tell me which of those players will turn into a first line player or anymore than a 2nd? Go into it with an unbiased frame of mind too. Our prospects are NOT as good as we all think they are. I'm not one of those fans who's gotten comfortable with being negative or who likes the fact that things aren't going well. Bottom line is they just aren't. I don't think depth is a word I'd use in regards to this team.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 07-24-2012 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    I was agreeing with halladay on this being a troll thread..meant it as humor...and im on your side opt...ppl should at the leafs farm system in 2007...maybe they will stop *****ing

vCash
    We're probably just going to have to kill this debate because it'll end up turning into nothing but a fight so I'm done here. Some people look at the team with blinders on and some people look at it realistically even though it hurts as a fan to see it that way. Just because the Marlies went far doesn't mean the NHL team will. I'll admit it's great they did, it's good experience in a far inferior league. But it doesn't mean results at the next level necessarilly.

vCash
    WHAT????!!! Oh my ****ing god the leafs don't have the best farm in the league. They have **** wraped in garbage covered in sewage. The Blue jackets are better...

^ Leaf Fan

vCash
    Wasn't talking about the Bluejackets dude. Anyways I respect your opinion. We all have our own. You think our prospect pool is deep in talent and I think it's mediocre. Time will tell who's wrong. Settle down. I hope your havin a great night. It's raining out here.. kinda lame.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast