Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    I didn't even bother to read what anyone said in response to my post...I don't need to.

    For one I don't really give a **** what anyone else thinks. (Sorry just being honest.)

    Second of all, long gone are the days of lengthy back and forths with people. (especially kids half my age that know even less then half of what I know about the game...once again, just being truthful.) {However, there are a few guys on here I respect and I'm sure they know who they are.}

    Third and most important, I can only give my opinion...no matter what you write there's always gonna be someone who disagrees (which is fine but see reason one)

    Just don't have the time or anger I once had to argue about something we all have a right to....our own opinions. (no matter how stupid they may seem to others)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspa View Post
    I didn't even bother to read what anyone said in response to my post...I don't need to.

    For one I don't really give a **** what anyone else thinks. (Sorry just being honest.)

    Second of all, long gone are the days of lengthy back and forths with people. (especially kids half my age that know even less then half of what I know about the game...once again, just being truthful.) {However, there are a few guys on here I respect and I'm sure they know who they are.}

    Third and most important, I can only give my opinion...no matter what you write there's always gonna be someone who disagrees (which is fine but see reason one)

    Just don't have the time or anger I once had to argue about something we all have a right to....our own opinions. (no matter how stupid they may seem to others)
    ummm is that not the point of a forum? I have taken politics all my life so I enjoy a good back and forth. It is after all the only true way to understand how you feel towards something. Many times I have believed in a point argued it only to feel after I worked through it that I was looking at it from a different prospective.

    By staying silent you take from us all a wisdom that nobody else has; right or wrong is not the point. We all love the team and want what we feel is best for it.

    We all are emotionally attached to them and just to get back onto point hate him or love him he has done something that we all missed for 39 years. Goalie or not he decided to play him so he was smart enough to decide that. He was smart enough to play Pevs kelly and Ryder on one line. He was smart enough not to play Kaberle much. He was smart enough to ride Seid over Chara.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    helps when you win 16 games one year, take that one special year away and he's 20-21
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fall River/Fitchburg
    Posts
    3,207
    vCash
    1500
    Nothing like backing up argument by not reading or acknowledging anyone's responses then going on to talk about your "wisdom".

    People are just disagreeing with you, there isn't any need to act superior because no one will change your opinion haha

    Yes, wisdom indeed

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fall River/Fitchburg
    Posts
    3,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    helps when you win 16 games one year, take that one special year away and he's 20-21
    Hahaha Un...believable. Not only is it painstakingly obvious to the point of trying to put together a grounds for your position, but it contradicts every single coach and their records removing a Stanley Cup Victory

    What is Mike Babcocks record if you take away the 16 wins necessary to win a cup? Or Bylsma? Or Tortarella?

    I would be willing to bet that every Championship winning coach in the history of any sport ever has a ****ing awful record if you subtract the wins it took to win the whole thing.

    good god

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    19,744
    vCash
    8300
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Nothing like backing up argument by not reading or acknowledging anyone's responses then going on to talk about your "wisdom".

    People are just disagreeing with you, there isn't any need to act superior because no one will change your opinion haha

    Yes, wisdom indeed
    I believe BG is the one that said wisdom...I don't know who you are directing it to haha. Just wanted to point it out.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

    PSD's Zdeno Chara

    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010



    Yeti FTW

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    ummm is that not the point of a forum? I have taken politics all my life so I enjoy a good back and forth. It is after all the only true way to understand how you feel towards something. Many times I have believed in a point argued it only to feel after I worked through it that I was looking at it from a different prospective.

    By staying silent you take from us all a wisdom that nobody else has; right or wrong is not the point. We all love the team and want what we feel is best for it.

    We all are emotionally attached to them and just to get back onto point hate him or love him he has done something that we all missed for 39 years. Goalie or not he decided to play him so he was smart enough to decide that. He was smart enough to play Pevs kelly and Ryder on one line. He was smart enough not to play Kaberle much. He was smart enough to ride Seid over Chara.
    I have far too much going on in my life to write a book every time someone disagrees with something I've written.

    It's not out of arrogance as some have insinuated...I guess I lack the desire or no longer feel the need to prove myself to others...maybe its just age setting in. lol

    To be honest this fourm has been fun for me, it's taught me not every dispute or disagreement has to be resloved with my hands (even though sometimes I've thought of buying a plane ticket or so lol)

    I guess what I'm saying is...it's been fun guys, I might drop in and give an opinion every now and then but I'm done with all the long winded outlandish debates.

    Keep up the great posts for the select few that leave them lol I look forward to reading them.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I believe BG is the one that said wisdom...I don't know who you are directing it to haha. Just wanted to point it out.
    Thanks for pointing that out Shaiza...I appreciate it.

    You and I have had our moments but you're alright in my books, take care.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,777
    vCash
    1500
    From Ty Anderson on Hockeybuzz

    Lost in the outcry of Boston's first round exit this past spring was that there's not a more potent even-strength team than a healthy Bruins squad, and that's something that begins with the man developing the schemes, lines, and strategies. "I believe we have one of the best breaking out teams in the league - itís like clockwork and when itís going itís a beauty to watch," Chiarelli said, adding, "I believe we have one of the best defensive zone coverageís in the league. And thatís, again, a testament to him(Julien). And having said all of these defensive accomplishments, you only have to look back at our goals scored over the few years Ė the last few years that we have the ability to score too and to defend."


    "I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    i'm looking at it from:

    He is not very productive in the playoffs....YES HE WON A CUP on the back of TT and a considerable amount of lucky bounces and big game 7 wins, other than that year, he is mediocre a 20-18....that's only two over .500, how is that great ?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bruins>habs
    helps when you win 16 games one year, take that one special year away and he's 20-21


    The two worst posts ever!



    "I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fall River/Fitchburg
    Posts
    3,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I believe BG is the one that said wisdom...I don't know who you are directing it to haha. Just wanted to point it out.
    Regardless, my point still stands. People on here act like they are so insulted when someone disagrees with them. It is unfortunate. Instead of actually looking to carry on a legitimate debate with someone they choose to act like they are being attacked.

    That to me is childish. Also childish is insinuating that everyone on here "except for those glorious few" are unintelligent and their posts are not worth a damn. Everyone says something stupid and yes I too call people out on things like that but at end of the day I appreciate everyone who posts on these forums and their contributions to debates.

    We are all here because we are fans of this team, that alone should make us friendly with each other and more often than not, that is not the case.

    My point here is this, if you are so sensitive about your opinions and the possibility of someone disagreeing with you than don't post them haha. I mean seriously if you feel "attacked" and that "you have to prove yourself at every turn" than don't bother writing "books" to reply.

    You can't complain about people retorting your opinions into debate than not even paying any mind to theirs. That is the problem here and honestly if that is the case than you yourself do not believe in your own stance enough to back it up in debate which is you know... the whole point of a forum

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Regardless, my point still stands. People on here act like they are so insulted when someone disagrees with them. It is unfortunate. Instead of actually looking to carry on a legitimate debate with someone they choose to act like they are being attacked.

    That to me is childish. Also childish is insinuating that everyone on here "except for those glorious few" are unintelligent and their posts are not worth a damn. Everyone says something stupid and yes I too call people out on things like that but at end of the day I appreciate everyone who posts on these forums and their contributions to debates.

    We are all here because we are fans of this team, that alone should make us friendly with each other and more often than not, that is not the case.

    My point here is this, if you are so sensitive about your opinions and the possibility of someone disagreeing with you than don't post them haha. I mean seriously if you feel "attacked" and that "you have to prove yourself at every turn" than don't bother writing "books" to reply.

    You can't complain about people retorting your opinions into debate than not even paying any mind to theirs. That is the problem here and honestly if that is the case than you yourself do not believe in your own stance enough to back it up in debate which is you know... the whole point of a forum
    100% agree. good post bud.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    2,259
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspa View Post
    I have far too much going on in my life to write a book every time someone disagrees with something I've written.

    It's not out of arrogance as some have insinuated...I guess I lack the desire or no longer feel the need to prove myself to others...maybe its just age setting in. lol

    To be honest this fourm has been fun for me, it's taught me not every dispute or disagreement has to be resloved with my hands (even though sometimes I've thought of buying a plane ticket or so lol)

    I guess what I'm saying is...it's been fun guys, I might drop in and give an opinion every now and then but I'm done with all the long winded outlandish debates.

    Keep up the great posts for the select few that leave them lol I look forward to reading them.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    19,744
    vCash
    8300
    Rant over everyone? Why can't we be friends?
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

    PSD's Zdeno Chara

    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010



    Yeti FTW

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Regardless, my point still stands. People on here act like they are so insulted when someone disagrees with them. It is unfortunate. Instead of actually looking to carry on a legitimate debate with someone they choose to act like they are being attacked.

    That to me is childish. Also childish is insinuating that everyone on here "except for those glorious few" are unintelligent and their posts are not worth a damn. Everyone says something stupid and yes I too call people out on things like that but at end of the day I appreciate everyone who posts on these forums and their contributions to debates.

    We are all here because we are fans of this team, that alone should make us friendly with each other and more often than not, that is not the case.

    My point here is this, if you are so sensitive about your opinions and the possibility of someone disagreeing with you than don't post them haha. I mean seriously if you feel "attacked" and that "you have to prove yourself at every turn" than don't bother writing "books" to reply.

    You can't complain about people retorting your opinions into debate than not even paying any mind to theirs. That is the problem here and honestly if that is the case than you yourself do not believe in your own stance enough to back it up in debate which is you know... the whole point of a forum
    As usual... you're 100% wrong about what I'm really saying and are giving me a perfect example of what I'm saying.

    I could write an entire page and explain how wrong you are about me and what you misinterpret about my posts.

    But what's the point? Would you believe me? Would we see eye to eye after?
    Does any of this have anything to do with the Bruins...or hockey??? No

    Whatever your perception is on what a Fourm is or meant to be is your opinion...for some, it's something else...unless there is a rule saying I can't just come on and give my opinion than I shall continue to do as I please, not whatever you see fit or acceptable.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •