Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I cant believe that some of you think this is bad.

Yes, our PP sucks. But that's about it.
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

vCash
    Our PP sucks, and CJ has gotten by the second round ONCE, we can criticize the move seeing the circumstances. If he was in the ECF just about every year then one one would be saying anything but i mean we get bounced earlier than expected in the PO 4 times out of 5 (i'll actually say 3-4 b/c his first year we weren't suppose to do anything and we made it to a game 7 against MTL) and with the talent this team has the PP should be a lot better. PLUS i question CJ on PP personnel moves. Rich Peverley and Chris Kelly over Seguin sometimes on the PP? Caaahmon.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Our PP sucks, and CJ has gotten by the second round ONCE, we can criticize the move seeing the circumstances. If he was in the ECF just about every year then one one would be saying anything but i mean we get bounced earlier than expected in the PO 4 times out of 5 (i'll actually say 3-4 b/c his first year we weren't suppose to do anything and we made it to a game 7 against MTL) and with the talent this team has the PP should be a lot better. PLUS i question CJ on PP personnel moves. Rich Peverley and Chris Kelly over Seguin sometimes on the PP? Caaahmon.....
    ok, you guys are being ridiculous... like absolutely absurd. A "great coach" is one that gets by the second round consistently? That's seriously nit picking so bad and skewing the situation to try to backup your opinion.

Among coaches with 3+ seasons of work with their current team, CJ is 6th in Winning%... Among coaches with 4+ seasons of work, CJ is 4th... Among coaches with 5+, CJ is 3rd.

He has consistently been one of the best coaches in the league over his 5 year career with the Bruins.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    ok, you guys are being ridiculous... like absolutely absurd. A "great coach" is one that gets by the second round consistently? That's seriously nit picking so bad and skewing the situation to try to backup your opinion.

Among coaches with 3+ seasons of work with their current team, CJ is 6th in Winning%... Among coaches with 4+ seasons of work, CJ is 4th... Among coaches with 5+, CJ is 3rd.

He has consistently been one of the best coaches in the league over his 5 year career with the Bruins.
    In the regular season ? who gives a **** about the regular season....PLAYOFFS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS that's what is important, the team has enough talent to make it to the playoffs with his style, but in the playoffs he falters.........he is a GREAT regular season coach he is a MEDIOCRE playoff coach

vCash
    In the regular season ? who gives a **** about the regular season....PLAYOFFS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS that's what is important, the team has enough talent to make it to the playoffs with his style, but in the playoffs he falters.........he is a GREAT regular season coach he is a MEDIOCRE playoff coach
    funny, because his 36-21 playoff record (.571 winning %) ranks first in Bruins history.

vCash
    funny, because his 36-21 playoff record (.571 winning %) ranks first in Bruins history.
    helps when you win 16 games one year, take that one special year away and he's 20-21
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 07-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    helps when you win 16 games one year, take that one special year away and he's 20-21
    you can't just discredit that year like he never even makes the playoffs. that's like me saying take away his Rookie year and Teemu Selanne has 587 career goals....

you can't remove a person's best year in an argument.. it works if you are trying to prove how good they are, not how bad they are.

vCash
    i'm looking at it from:

He is not very productive in the playoffs....YES HE WON A CUP on the back of TT and a considerable amount of lucky bounces and big game 7 wins, other than that year, he is mediocre a 20-18....that's only two over .500, how is that great ?
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 07-24-2012 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    i'm looking at it from:

He is not very productive in the playoffs....YES HE WON A CUP on the back of TT and a considerable amount of lucky bounces and big game 7 wins, other than that year, he is mediocre a 20-21 record is below five hundred. how is that good ? how does that make him a great playoff coach
    damn you're right. Tim Thomas would've won without anyone else on the team, noone else EXPECIALLY the coach who put them out there every game, and motivated them, and led their drills, and set up their lines, and played through an injury to one of his best players had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it, it was all Tim Thomas, bravo Tim.

vCash
    36-21 would be a (.632 winning %)

36-27 in the playoffs which is a (.571 winning percentage)

vCash
    damn you're right. Tim Thomas would've won without anyone else on the team, noone else EXPECIALLY the coach who put them out there every game, and motivated them, and led their drills, and set up their lines, and played through an injury to one of his best players had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it, it was all Tim Thomas, bravo Tim.
    It was mostly TT.............without TT do we win the cup, NOPE.....goaltending is the most important thing and Horton got hurt in the SCF and who picked em up??????????

TIMMY

vCash
    It was mostly TT.............without TT do we win the cup, NOPE.....goaltending is the most important thing and Horton got hurt in the SCF and who picked em up??????????

TIMMY
    So just to get something straight which team didn't win a championship because of their goalie?

Pitts had the greatest offense in the league got knocked out first round

Philly most complete got knocked out in the second

NYR was supposed to the team of destiney knocked out in the third

by a defensive minded team that relyed on their goalie...

The best coach in the league in my opinion is Mike babcock and they go knocked out the first round...you want a coach that gives you a chance every year and CJ does that, when everything clicks right we win...but thats hockey everything has to work at the right time

vCash

TIMMY
    Thomas scored how many goals in the playoffs?... how about assists?.... How about something more pertinent... How many lines did Thomas put out there? How many practices did he run? Who decided to flip flop Seguin and Thornton? Do we win the cup without CJ? NOPE

vCash
    You have to be the dude from Essex that called in to Felger and Mazz after they broke the news of this yesterday

Anyways it's nice to see him get extended for a few more years. The only complaint I have so far this offseason is that PC hasn't done anything to really improve the team.

vCash
    i'm looking at it from:

He is not very productive in the playoffs....YES HE WON A CUP on the back of TT and a considerable amount of lucky bounces and big game 7 wins, other than that year, he is mediocre a 20-18....that's only two over .500, how is that great ?
    This may be the worst post ever.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast