Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

bruins sign coach julien to multi year contract extension

just out now via twitter

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74
    The Bruins have signed head coach Claude Julien to a multi-year contract extension.

vCash

vCash
    Fine with me...I really like CJ
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    nice...can they fire the PP coach?

vCash
    Very disappointed.

vCash
    Why would anyone be disappointed about Julien being brought back...do people think we won the cup in spite of him?
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    I love Claude, I think he does a great job with the team.

Having said the Bruins can be downright boring to watch sometimes given the style of game he has them play. I guess you can say that about any coach though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I love Claude, I think he does a great job with the team.

Having said the Bruins can be downright boring to watch sometimes given the style of game he has them play. I guess you can say that about any coach though
    The problem is boring wins, less risk, control the game and don't take chances

he is great with the kids

vCash
    easily been a top 5 coach over the last 5+ years imo. Great to have him back

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Claude Julien is awful. He runs a terrible power play, never plays undeserving rookies, and worst of all, he won a cup with a roster that WASN'T ideally built. Not to mention since takin over the bruins have always been a top team in the NHL.

Nah, let's ditch him bring back Dave Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Why would anyone be disappointed about Julien being brought back...do people think we won the cup in spite of him?
    Yes, and although most people forget or have turned their backs on him ...Tim Fukking Thomas standing on his head and breaking almost every conceivable record a Goaltender could imagine is the reason we won the Cup!

Not our piss poor defense (out shot almost every game) but yet Claude is a defensive genius right ....No!

Not our inept Power Play which couldn't score a goal to save their lives...great coaching Claudia!

Claude Julien was riding the coattails of one of the greatest seasons/playoffs by a Goaltender in NHL history...but as far as his abilities as a coach I think he's overrated at best.
    Last edited by Kaspa; 07-24-2012 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspa View Post
    Yes, and although most people forget or have turned their backs on him ...Tim Fukking Thomas standing on his head and breaking almost every conceivable record a Goaltender could imagine is the reason we won the Cup!

Not our piss poor defense (out shot almost every game) but yet Claude is a defensive genius right ....No!

Not our inept Power Play which couldn't score a goal to save their lives...great coaching Claudia!

Claude Julien was riding the coattails of one of the greatest seasons/playoffs by a Goaltender in NHL history...but as far as his abilities as a coach I think he's overrated at best.
    Never before have I seen a person try to discredit a coach for winning a Stanley cup.

News flash, if you dont have goalie, your not winning the cup. after seeing Dave Lewis and the last years of o'Connell you should be kissing this mans feet. Theres a reason the Bruins are contenders every year. He changed the culture when he came in.
    Last edited by Seguin; 07-24-2012 at 05:48 AM.

vCash

Tim Thomas was a big reason we won the cup. Not as big a reason as Claude Julien. I think that is something a lot of ppl will take issue with and is not a popular opinion. IMO Julien is currently one of the top 3 coaches in the league. His only criticisms? His system is boring to watch, and the PP sux. Both are debatable points and pretty empty IMO.

Since taking over we are perennial GAA leaders - REGARDLESS WHO IS IN GOAL.

He sticks up for his players when he should. He criticizes when he should. He benches when he should. Has handled Rookies perfectly. Handles the media extremely well. Has the players completely "bought in" to his system.

Our playoff run in 2011 was a coaching masterpiece. Come back down 0-2 in MTL? Sweep the Flyers - would have been real easy to let the flyers get a game, not easy to sweep. Tampa Bay! The series winning goal was a drawn up play that was designed to beat the 1-3-1, a "coach

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash

Talking

Tim Thomas was a big reason we won the cup. Not as big a reason as Claude Julien. I think that is something a lot of ppl will take issue with and is not a popular opinion. IMO Julien is currently one of the top 3 coaches in the league. His only criticisms? His system is boring to watch, and the PP sux. Both are debatable points and pretty empty IMO.

Since taking over we are perennial GAA leaders - REGARDLESS WHO IS IN GOAL.

He sticks up for his players when he should. He criticizes when he should. He benches when he should. Has handled Rookies perfectly. Handles the media extremely well. Has the players completely "bought in" to his system.

Our playoff run in 2011 was a coaching masterpiece.
    Come back down 0-2 in MTL?
    Sweep the Flyers - would have been real easy to let the flyers get a game, not easy to sweep.
    Tampa Bay! The series winning goal was a drawn up play that was designed to beat the 1-3-1, 100% coaching.
    And Vancouver? The mind games and back and forth with Vigneualt (or however the **** you spell that pigs name). Again coming back down 0-2.

Seriously.

Yes Thomas was spectacular. Who is to say Julien had nothing to do with that?

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Never before have I seen a person try to discredit a coach for winning a Stanley cup.

News flash, if you dont have goalie, your not winning the cup. after seeing Dave Lewis and the last years of o'Connell you should be kissing this mans feet. Theres a reason the Bruins are contenders every year. He changed the culture when he came in.
    In my book, a contender is someone who can get past the second round more than once in a span of 5 years.....He's a good coach, for a rebuilding team IMO. He would be a good coach for the NYI, or Columbus, or any piss team in the league. The bruins with the talent they have should be in the second and third round every year IMO, with CJ they can't. Kaspa is right, he rode TT all the way to the stanley cup. His coaching style doesn't work in the playoffs.
    We have seen it, other than the SC, he has been bounced in the 1st or 2nd round every other year. There is a reason he was fired in the playoffs by NJD.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast