Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Can the Knicks be a top 5 defensive team?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they will be top 5.

    115 45.82%
  • No, they will not be top 5.

    122 48.61%
  • Not sure, but I do not think so.

    22 8.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 417
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,734
    vCash
    1500

    Are the Knicks a top 5 defensive team in the league?

    With the addition of Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas on the frontline with DPOY Tyson Chandler, a good weakside shot blocker in Stoudemire, a player in Carmelo Anthony who has improved incredibly on the defensive end in terms of his perimter defense and rebounding, the best defensive rookie in Iman Shumpert, an above average former Larry Brown-coached player in Raymond Felton, a very active JR Smith, and one of the most athletic players in the league in James White, can the New York Knicks be a top 5 defensive team in the league this year under Coach Mike Woodson? Share your thoughts please as well as vote in the poll. Hopefully when the 2012 season is over, someone can bump this thread to see who said what.

    I will make a bold prediction and say the Knicks will be the top defensive team in the East.
    Last edited by AndyfromNeptune; 11-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    PM for my contact information.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,184
    vCash
    1500
    LOL no

    2-1

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    843
    vCash
    1500
    They have good defensive Big Men, but not much else.
    Stoudemire isnt a great defender and Felton, Kidd, and Melo are pretty much useless on D.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    824
    vCash
    1500
    A lot of people still think the Knicks don't play defense even though the defensive rating was at 5.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,373
    vCash
    1500
    No.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,510
    vCash
    1500
    Yes the additions of Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas and James White (D-leaguer?) the Knick are top 5 defensive team no question.

    lol I love how you included Amare and Carmelo in your argument. Did you see them on D last year? They were ****ing pathetic.

    This entire forum is becoming Knicks fans making threads trying to make there team look the be good/make rivals look worse...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,044
    vCash
    1500


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,007
    vCash
    0
    I think they'll just miss it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,017
    vCash
    1500
    WAY too many Knicks homers on this site who talk up the Knicks defense. Their defense is average at best. Remember when the Knicks were the joke (defensively) of the NBA just one year ago under D'Antoni? They added Woodsen, signed Chandler, and lucked out with Shumpert, and suddenly their a top 5 defensive team?

    The OP saying Carmelo had improved his defense, LOL. Amare is not a good defender either, sorry man. Camby and Thomas are DINOSAURS, they are not going to be much help defensively.

    The Knicks have a couple (two) great defenders on their team. Everyone else is average. That doesn't make them a top defensive team when not everyone on the roster fits that persona and doesn't buy into the philosophy.
    A message to Lebron haters

    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    24,810
    vCash
    1500
    Why start these threads do the Knicks need more attention ....ohhhh boy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,510
    vCash
    1500
    Also, Shumpert who is the Knicks best defender (& Chandler) is coming off major surgery and wont be back till January. Landry Fields is gone and he was a good defender as well. Jason Kidd is a terrible defender at this point of his career...he will be tough to watch

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Temperance, Michigan
    Posts
    9,733
    vCash
    1500
    Chicago
    Miami
    Boston
    Lakers (if they get Dwight)
    Philly
    Spurs

    Nope.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,311
    vCash
    1500
    The Knicks actually have a pretty good D. Not sure if people actually watched them play every night or just continue to base their lame opinions on pre-concieved notions of the D'Antoni era...I'm guessing the latter.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,017
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    The Knicks actually have a pretty good D. Not sure if people actually watched them play every night or just continue to base their lame opinions on pre-concieved notions of the D'Antoni era...I'm guessing the latter.
    No, everyone knows the Knicks got better on defense. But no one (except Knicks fans) think you guys have a top 5 defense when teams like Miami, Boston, SA, Chicago, and LAL play better defense.
    A message to Lebron haters

    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    The Knicks actually have a pretty good D. Not sure if people actually watched them play every night or just continue to base their lame opinions on pre-concieved notions of the D'Antoni era...I'm guessing the latter.
    No I watched them play and when Amare and Melo were on the floor (specifically Amare) the defense was atrocious.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •