Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Andrew Bynum hates basketball

I sent SLAM Magazine senior editor Tzvi Twersky (follow @TTwersky) a text message on Friday night, asking him if he had heard anything about Bynum injuring his left knee while bowling. As someone who is generally plugged in to these sort of things, I thought he might have some insight. “I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...sketball-less/

Everyone was praising Philly at the time saying that the 76ers were gonna be amazing and better without Igoudala and with Bynum.

Honestly, I think this is karma for 76ers FO. Igoudala played outstanding for the 76ers and yet they wanted to trade him every damn year. And now they traded him and they get this. IMO, they deserve it.

vCash
    That sucks for the sixers.

R.Kelly

drip
    drip
    drip

vCash
    Yeah but at least he likes bowling!

vCash
    There used to be a similar situation with Tim Duncan where he was viewed as someone who was disinterested in playing. He said in an interview once that basketball is a game he would rather watch on tv than play.

vCash
    I don't think he hates basketball, but he's simply immature

GO LAKERS

vCash
    This should be no surprise to anyone. You can just tell by his body language for the last 5+ years. He just doesn't have a passion for it....but then again, neither does Dwight.

vCash
    As much as I love Bynum's skills when he's on, the problem I always had with him during his time with the Lakers was his effort and passion. Most of the time, he looked like he didn't single ***** what he was doing or the team. When he did, boy he was on.

I hope this isn't true, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if it is. I don't Bynum ever gave 100% on any game in his career. He can be so much better if he just gave a ****.

vCash
    There's been so many red flags on this guy and everyone just ignores them. Have been ignoring them for years. Will people finally start taking hem seriously now??

vCash
    Can't blame him. If I was good a soccer, a sport that I hate, I would still play it if they would pay me. It helps endorse other interests, such as bowling.

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    So much wasted talent. He blatantly refuses to put in the work to become a superstar, which is why he keeps getting injured. He easily has the potential to be the best center in the world but just keeps refusing.

vCash
    Yet he's going to get a max deal in the off-season...smh...that's what's wrong with the nba

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritz View Post
    Can't blame him. If I was good a soccer, a sport that I hate, I would still play it if they would pay me. It helps endorse other interests, such as bowling.
    This is the case with Serena Williams and was the case with Curtis Martin. You don't have to love the game to be great at it and to get paid.

vCash
    Doesn't surprise me a bit, a lot of NBA players fit this mold unfortunately.

And they take up a bunch of salary cap space and roster spots on teams we love. Sad, tbh.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    okay, but that's just some person's opinion. I'll worry when he starts making statements on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Everyone was praising Philly at the time saying that the 76ers were gonna be amazing and better without Igoudala and with Bynum.

Honestly, I think this is karma for 76ers FO. Igoudala played outstanding for the 76ers and yet they wanted to trade him every damn year. And now they traded him and they get this. IMO, they deserve it.
    Iguodala was a very underrated player for us, but he never liked Philadelphia from the get-go. He never embraced the city, never showed any emotion when he played well, never acknowledged the fans, never did anything significant for the community (Even though Iverson was a complete idiot, he still did a TON for the Philadelphia community, like his scholarship funds and helping raise money to build rec centers).

It was the right move to make, the Sixers maxed out their capabilities on last years roster. They would never be a top tier team with Iggy at the helm. He had 8 years to be the guy and he was never able to lead them to a playoff series win until his final season here (because he's not a #1 option, just a FANTASTIC role player).

The Bynum move was an OBVIOUS choice considering how the Sixers had an utter lack of any size and budding young guards who needed a big man to work with.

It's unfortunate how things have turned out, but like i mentioned in the other thread, the Sixers will have a TON of cap space if they choose not to resign Bynum, which seems like a 50-50 possibility at the moment.

And we're doing alright without Bynum at the moment, mainly because Jrue Holiday has been playing at an allstar level (19.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 9.0 apg, 46%FG, 43%3pt) and carrying this team on his back.

Not having Bynum healthy sucks, but I'm glad our young players are coming together and playing well even without our best player.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast