Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    ^ Don't gotta worry bout that with me.
    You got that right! Not sure why I even made that post because the guys that aren't active wont even come in this thread. Why even join a league if you aren't going to try and win it?

vCash
    All the talk is on RGIII being the "Cam Newton sleeper" of this year but the real sleeper QB is going to be Jake Locker. Write it down

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I'm not in the PSD league but I just did an auction draft with some friends for big money, I'd love any input.

Note: This is a 12 person league and this is my second ever auction draft.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Trent Richardson
    WR - Wes Welker
    WR - Steve Smith
    TE - Fred Davis
    RB/WR - Michael Turner
    QB/TE/WR/RB - Andy Dalton
    D/ST - Chicago
    K - Mason Crosby

Bench (can't get to the fantasy site from work so I'll go with who I remember) - Malcolm Floyd, Michael Crabtree, Matt Flynn, Mike Williams, Alex Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I'm not in the PSD league but I just did an auction draft with some friends for big money, I'd love any input.

Note: This is a 12 person league and this is my second ever auction draft.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Trent Richardson
    WR - Wes Welker
    WR - Steve Smith
    TE - Fred Davis
    RB/WR - Michael Turner
    QB/TE/WR/RB - Andy Dalton
    D/ST - Chicago
    K - Mason Crosby

Bench (can't get to the fantasy site from work so I'll go with who I remember) - Malcolm Floyd, Michael Crabtree, Matt Flynn, Mike Williams, Alex Smith
    For a 12 team league you have a great team. I would probably drop Flynn for another QB though. I think Wilson will end up being the starter in Seattle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    For a 12 team league you have a great team. I would probably drop Flynn for another QB though. I think Wilson will end up being the starter in Seattle.
    Thanks. Yeah I might have to do that. I had to leave for work with a few picks left to go and ended up with Flynn and a few other garbage players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    You got that right! Not sure why I even made that post because the guys that aren't active wont even come in this thread. Why even join a league if you aren't going to try and win it?
    Everyone better be trying to win! Otherwise all the fun is takin away

vCash
    Hey guys, sorry for being a little inactive. I just got back from my business trip. I missed the draft and they gave me all these qb's. Would love to trade one for a decent receiver. My team is as follows:

QB's:

Michael Vick
    Peyton Manning
    Matt Schaub
    Andy Dalton

RB's:

Arian Foster
    Michael Turner
    Ben Tate
    Jahvid Best
    Shane Vereen
    James Starks

WR's:

Miles Austin
    Roddy White
    Greg Jennings
    Reuben Randle

TE's:

Tony Gonzalez

Defense:

Texans

K:

Alex Henery

I really gotta re-do this roster. If anyones interested shoot me some trades!

vCash
    I'm interested. I got WR's. I need a different backup QB. And I could use a RB. I'll shoot you an offer.

vCash
    Just did another draft for $120 and it's point per reception.

QB:
    Cam Newton Car
    Andrew Luck Indy
    Jake Locker Ten

RB:
    LeSean McCoy Philly
    Ahmad Bradshaw NYG
    C.J. Spiller Buf
    Michael Bush Chi
    Mark Ingram NO

WR:
    Julio Jones Atl
    Percy Harvin Min
    Eric Decker Den

TE:
    Greg Olsen Car
    Kyle Rudolph Min

K:
    Jason Hanson Det

DT:
    Houston Texans

Thoughts?

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

Thoughts?
    Do you start 2 QB's? And was this a 10 or 12 team league? Initial thoughts are a decent team but not overly great. I don't like your WR's all that much and outside of McCoy don't really think you got good RB depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    Do you start 2 QB's? And was this a 10 or 12 team league? Initial thoughts are a decent team but not overly great. I don't like your WR's all that much and outside of McCoy don't really think you got good RB depth.
    1 QB and it was a 14 team league. Between Luck and Locker, I should be able to dangle one of them as good trade bait to somebody who has a bust QB or has an injured QB.

Honestly my wide receivers are my favorite part of the team. All of these guys are going to haul in 80+ passes next season. Julio Jones has a real shot of ending up the #2 overall receiver behind Calvin Johnson. Percy will be Percy but Eric Decker to me is a high end sleeper. He and Peyton Manning have a good rapport and I think he will generate more targets than Demarius Thomas and end up being Denver's #1 target.

Your right about my running backs but between Bradshaw, Spiller, Bush and Ingram I should have a solid #2 somewhere. Bradshaw will be the typical guy he always is. The rest are up in the air. Spiller should catch a lot of passes, which will boost his value in my PPR league. I've read Mike Tice wants Forte and Bush to rush for 1,000 yards each, which won't happen but Tice clearly wants Bush on the field so I can see Bush stealing away carries and stealing goal line touchdowns. Ingram doesn't catch passes and will have limited carries but he is the goal line back and with how potent the Saints offense is it won't be crazy to think he can score 7-10 tds this season down at the goal line.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 08-26-2012 at 07:03 PM.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    1 QB and it was a 14 team league. Between Luck and Locker, I should be able to dangle one of them as good trade bait to somebody who has a bust QB or has an injured QB.

Honestly my wide receivers are my favorite part of the team. All of these guys are going to haul in 80+ passes next season. Julio Jones has a real shot of ending up the #2 overall receiver behind Calvin Johnson. Percy will be Percy but Eric Decker to me is a high end sleeper. He and Peyton Manning have a good rapport and I think he will generate more targets than Demarius Thomas and end up being Denver's #1 target.

Your right about my running backs but between Bradshaw, Spiller, Bush and Ingram I should be have a solid #2 somewhere. Bradshaw will be the typical guy he always is. The rest are up in the air. Spiller should catch a lot of passes, which will boost his value in my PPR league. I've heard Mike Tice wants Forte and Bush to rush for 1,000 yards, which won't happen but I can see Bush stealing away carries and stealing goal line touchdowns. Ingram doesn't catch passes and will have limited carries but he is the goal line back and with how potent the Saints offense is it won't be crazy to think he can score 7-10 tds this season down at the goal line.
    Well then that's different, 14 teams it looks pretty good then but why did you take 3 QB's? Trade bait? I don't think Julio Jones is going to come anywhere close to #2 but I like him, he should be a good player for you. I tend to get at least a more proven guy as my #1 before him though and have him as like my WR2 or WR3. I like Percy too. Decker as well but usually don't end up with Decker cuz I usually have 3 WR's by the time he's suppose to be drafted and I usually am in need of a RB2 around that round. I agree Decker > Thomas though and he's going to have a helluva season.

As for the RB's I know how hard it can be this year to get them. I guess I just don't like the guys you chose. Matter of opinion. Bradshaw ain't that bad as a RB2 in a 14 team league though. Not bad at all really.

vCash
    Ok guys want some opinion on the team I just drafted yesterday. It is a two 2QB 10 man league with WF guys and my brother, think my QB2 is shaky but I like my starting lineup.

QB- Robert Griffin III
    QB- Christian Ponder
    RB- Arian Foster
    RB- Marshawn Lynch
    WR- Greg Jennings
    WR- Percy Harvin
    FLX- Reggie Bush
    TE- Vernon Davis

BN- Mark Sanchez
    BN- Ben Tate
    BN- Jacquizz Rodgers
    BN- Alfred Morris
    BN- Nate Washington
    BN- Pierre Garcon
    BN- Jon Baldwin
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash

My first 12 man FF roster

OK so I was spot 6 in my 12 man, standard nfl.com draft. (TE is opt flex) My friends and I all met up in a huge computer cafe and drafted in order it was pretty cool.

Please review my picks and state your opinions.
    (Picks in draft order)

1. Chris Johnson
    2. Julio Jones
    3. Doug Martin
    4. Demaryius Thomas
    5. Peyton Manning (tried to go M. Ryan here, but Peyton was not a bad 2nd choice at all)
    6. Percy Harvin
    7. Fred Davis
    8. James Starks (First time ever taking a Packer RB)
    9. Greg Little
    10. Peyton Hillis
    11. Alex Smith (Tried to go Josh Freeman here)
    12. Jets D
    13. Doug Baldwin (One of my sleepers)
    14. Dan Bailey (K-DAL)

So I think my starters have a lot of potential and can be breakout players, that's how my fantasy strategy usually is and I usually end up in the top 4 players every year. My bench might seem a little weak depending on who starts for RB on certain teams.

So please, do your worse/best judgement of my team, thank you.

vCash
    Every pick after 6 is pretty bad .. but overall not bad for your first draft...ill elaborate if ud like

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast