Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sweet! Looking forward to it this year for sure... I got a new draft strategy different then I've done in previous years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    You definitely haven't rubbed me the wrong way and I know you weren't assaulting the current scoring system. Like I said I'm always open to suggestions and will always consider different opinions. I just don't feel that the scoring in the league you referenced would be a good fit in this one. What in the current scoring system bugs you?
    The amount of points returners receive and point difference between qbs and the rest of the league. The top QB has like 200 points more then the top RB therefore separating qbs that rely on running from the pure passers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Vikings View Post
    The amount of points returners receive and point difference between qbs and the rest of the league. The top QB has like 200 points more then the top RB therefore separating qbs that rely on running from the pure passers.
    I believe the only difference in the QB scoring then a standard league is that they get 6 points per TD as apposed to 4 in a standard league. In most leagues the QBs are the highest scorers. That's why people draft them in the first few rounds. Just draft a QB early. The returner points were put in to make more players relevant since its a twelve man league. All you have to do is find out who they are and draft one if that's the route you want to take.

vCash
    I have no problem with the QB scoring but I cringe at returners winning this league, it is utter madness and illogical.

I also will say that I am disappointed with no welcome back, you guys make me sad.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Speak of the devil. Welcome back lol.

vCash
    I thought returners would make a huge different last year and targeted them but then I just used them to make trades. You dont NEED to get a good returner you can let others take the returners and let more good RB/WR fall in your laps.

As for QB's well Brees, Rodgers, Brady are already going in the first round of regular drafts all this will do is make sure players like Stafford do too. You can still wait and get a QB and just get better RB/WR than other teams but if you want one player to carry your team you should have a good QB.

You never know who is going to break out though. Cam Newton anyone? This year it could be Luck/RG3?

vCash
    Didn't someone make fun of me last year for picking Aaron Rodgers so early? I don't remember. But god damn he carried my team. The only reason I was competitive lol.

vCash
    RG3 will be the steal of this draft, I am just saying. As for 6pt QB leagues I always do them and QBs actually do not really go early that much.

As for returners they are an important part but I just do not like it when Devin Hester is better than Julio Jones and Hakeem Nicks, that just seems wrong.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    We should totally turn this into a MANS LEAGUE!! (16 team) I've always wanted to do one sounds like a ton of fun but I can never find enough people that want to do it.

vCash
    personally i find anything over 12 to be a crap shoot, then it starts to get to the point where individual players have a bigger effect on the games. Not saying I'm against it if that's what ya'll want to do I've done 14 and 16 leagues before but I didn't find them as fun as my 12 and 10 man leagues.

vCash
    We currently don't even have a full 12.

vCash
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, but if their is room I'd love to join. If not add me to the waiting list please! Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVE42 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, but if their is room I'd love to join. If not add me to the waiting list please! Thank you!
    You have been added to the list buddy. Glad to have you in the Vikings forum.

vCash
    Any flexibility with the draft time?? I have a live in person draft that Saturday night...not sure if i could juggle both

Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSportMessiah View Post
    Any flexibility with the draft time?? I have a live in person draft that Saturday night...not sure if i could juggle both
    Bring a laptop with you

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast