Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Biggest name that stands out is Joba. He is ready. Bye Qualls.
    i posted some video of Joba in the injury update thread he looked really really good, better than he's looked since the first shoulder injury. The FB was 95-98 and he threw his CU, CB and SL, all of which looked really sharp for strikes. If he pitches this well to finish out the yr using all 4 of his pitches someone is going to have to remind me why the guy hasn't gotten another look as a starter

vCash
    September callups approaching, who's getting called up?
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Factor View Post
    September callups approaching, who's getting called up?
    I'd bet on guys we've seen before. Nobody too exciting.

Dickerson
    Nunez
    Warren
    Cervelli
    Etc
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd bet on guys we've seen before. Nobody too exciting.

Dickerson
    Nunez
    Warren
    Cervelli
    Etc
    No Betances Leo I'm surprised j/k. I agree with your list pretty much, I think their might be an outside chance we see Adams if he keeps hitting the ball well through the end of the minor league yr. Maybe CoJo, Laird but theirs really not much to get excited about. The biggest impact will come from guys like Aardmus and Feliciano if they are healthy.

vCash
    Making his professional debut after signing a below-slot $1.2M deal due to an “abnormality” in his shoulder, first rounder Ty Hensley allowed three runs in two innings for the Rookie Level Gulf Coast League Yankees this afternoon. The first inning was rough, going double, homer, line out, strikeout, walk, walk, ground ball. Hensley allowed two singles to open the second before getting a ground ball double play (run scored) and another grounder to escape the jam. All told, he allowed the three runs on four hits and two walks in two innings.

ESPN’s Kiley McDaniel was in attendance and clocked Hensley at 90-93 with some 95s, saying he threw three pitches (presumably fastball, curve, changeup) and was rusty with his command and delivery. After a two or three month layoff from game action, that’s understandable. The 95s are an indication that the shoulder abnormality is nothing serious, at least in theory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Making his professional debut after signing a below-slot $1.2M deal due to an ďabnormalityĒ in his shoulder, first rounder Ty Hensley allowed three runs in two innings for the Rookie Level Gulf Coast League Yankees this afternoon. The first inning was rough, going double, homer, line out, strikeout, walk, walk, ground ball. Hensley allowed two singles to open the second before getting a ground ball double play (run scored) and another grounder to escape the jam. All told, he allowed the three runs on four hits and two walks in two innings.

ESPNís Kiley McDaniel was in attendance and clocked Hensley at 90-93 with some 95s, saying he threw three pitches (presumably fastball, curve, changeup) and was rusty with his command and delivery. After a two or three month layoff from game action, thatís understandable. The 95s are an indication that the shoulder abnormality is nothing serious, at least in theory.
    I'm sure he was absolutely terrified in his first start. It is definitely a big step, not so much in the ability, but the pressure he felt. I can't wait to see him go through the system, once he calms down and shakes off the rust he should really show some solid stuff.

vCash
    Stinks. Cut him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Hensley!

I like that we have another prospect to track.

Notables for next year:

Banuelos, Campos, Austin, Adams, Williams, Romine, Sanchez, Montgomery, Hensely, probably a couple others I'm forgetting

vCash
    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...sional-debuts/

Hensley and Lail debut, some news on Rookie Davis and when he'll be back.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    I'm sure he was absolutely terrified in his first start. It is definitely a big step, not so much in the ability, but the pressure he felt. I can't wait to see him go through the system, once he calms down and shakes off the rust he should really show some solid stuff.
    I'm sure he was terrified as well, the thing i look at that impressed me is he was mixing in all 3 of his pitches and hit 95 a few times. I really like the kid from the video's i ve seen of him pitch . Hopefully the shoulder thing is no big deal and he advances quickly through the system. I think he's our best 1st round pick that we signed since Kennedy/ Joba

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Hensley!

I like that we have another prospect to track.

Notables for next year:

Banuelos, Campos, Austin, Adams, Williams, Romine, Sanchez, Montgomery, Hensely, probably a couple others I'm forgetting
    Sanchez, Austin, J Ram, Gumbs, Santana, Depaula, Mitchell, Tracy, Turley, Marshall a healthy Heathcott. The list goes quite a but deeper than that, the exciting thing is well have some really good player that could get to AA and higher. We'll get a much better idea if alot of these kids are going to be legit prospects or impressive A ball players.

If most everything goes well next yr we definitely won't be in the same position we are this yr that we don't really have anything of serious trade value above A ball

vCash
    I'm practicing with the Tampa team on August 18th.

Hope the studs are still there!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'm practicing with the Tampa team on August 18th.

Hope the studs are still there!
    Awww! Is it senior citizen day at the park?

vCash
    Two minor health updates: C Austin Romine is out with the flu and LHP Shaeffer Hall has been placed on the DL with a toe problem. Nothing major, but how the hell do you get the flu in July?

Triple-A Empire State is still playing. I’ll update this post once the game is over.

Double-A Trenton (2-1 win over Altoona) they faced former Yankees first rounder Gerrit Cole

2B Jose Pirela & SS Addison Maruszak: both 0-4, 1 K
    3B David Adams, RF Zoilo Almonte, CF Melky Mesa & 1B Luke Murton: all 1-3 — Almonte hit a solo homer (not off Cole) and struck out … Mesa scored a run
    DH Kevin Mahoney: 0-3, 2 K
    C J.R. Murphy: 0-2, 1 RBI, 1 K
    LF Rob Segedin: 1-2, 1 2B, 1 RBI — the double was off Cole
    RHP Brett Marshall: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 8/4 GB/FB — 48 of 72 pitches were strikes (67%) … when the Yankees failed to sign Cole in 2008, Marshall received the team’s largest signing bonus in that draft
    RHP Kelvin Perez: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 1/3 GB/FB — 28 of 48 pitches were strikes (58%)
    RHP Ryan Pope: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1/0 GB/FB — 15 of 25 pitches were strikes

High-A Tampa (6-4 win over Charlotte in 11 innings)

CF Ramon Flores: 4-6, 1 R, 1 3B, 1 SB — 11 hits in his last 26 at-bats (.423)
    LF Adonis Garcia, SS Jose Mojica & 1B Jose Toussen: all 0-5 — Garcia walked and scored … Toussen struck out
    DH Slade Heathcott: 1-3, 1 R – was pinch-hit for in the eighth for an unknown reason
    PH-DH Kelvin Duran: 0-3, 2 K
    RF Tyler Austin: 4-5, 2 R, 3 RBI, 1 BB — threw a runner out at second and drove in the go-ahead run in the 11th
    1B Kyle Roller: 2-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 HBP, 1 E (fielding)
    C Kyle Higashioka: 2-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — picked a runner off second with a snap throw
    3B Hector Rabago: 1-5
    RHP Shane Greene: 5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 1 WP, 1 HB, 5/2 GB/FB — hooray FIP
    RHP Sean Black: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1/1 GB/FB
    RHP Branden Pinder: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 2/1 GB/FB
    LHP Aaron Dott: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 3 K, 3/0 GB/FB – one of those walks was intentional

Low-A Charleston (10-5 win over Greenville)

LF Eduardo Sosa: 1-6, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 K, 1 E (fielding)
    SS Cito Culver: 1-4, 1 R, 2 BB — up to 60 walks on the season
    CF Ben Gamel: 3-5, 2 R, 1 3B, 2 RBI — 14 hits in his last 44 at-bats (.318)
    RF Rob Refsnyder: 3-3, 1 R, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 1 HBP — got picked off first and he threw a runner out at third
    3B Ali Castillo: 1-3, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 BB, 1 HBP
    C Francisco Arcia: 2-5, 1 2B, 2 RBI, 1 K
    DH Kelvin DeLeon: 1-3, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HBP
    2B Jamiel Orozco: 1-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 E (throwing)
    1B Rey Nunez: 4-5, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 K
    RHP Bryan Mitchell: 5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 5 K, 7/2 GB/FB
    LHP Dan Mahoney: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
    RHP Charlie Short: 1.1 IP, zeroes, 3 K, 1 HB, 0/1 GB/FB– recently signed out of an independent league
    RHP Nick Goody: 1 IP, zeroes, 1/1 GB/FB

The Rookie GCL Yanks had their game suspended due to rain after just one batter. CF Abe Almonte led the game off with a double and that was it. They’re going to complete the game on August 10th. Meanwhile, Short Season Staten Island had a scheduled day off.

vCash
    Ramon Flores is the type of prospect that should get better as he gets older. If he makes it to the ML, I bet he'd turn out to be a better ML player than a MiL player. He has the 'tools' that translate well to the ML level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Ramon Flores is the type of prospect that should get better as he gets older. If he makes it to the ML, I bet he'd turn out to be a better ML player than a MiL player. He has the 'tools' that translate well to the ML level.
    I don't disagree with that, a scout from an ESPN interview the other day compared him to Cargo and predicted he could end up better than both Williams and Austin.

I haven't seen anything on Sanchez for a while, anyone know whats going on with him

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast