Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Michael Pineda has the best chance out of all our prospects.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Michael Pineda has the best chance out of all our prospects.
    Lol are you still here?

vCash
    ^ Lulz

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    How great would it be to see Pineda come back strong and Montero to jsut continue sucking? I would die of laughrr to all the doubters of the trade.

vCash
    I have high hopes for a big year on the farm this season. Last season there were a ton of injuries, to the point where there is no way the farm could suffer more injuries this year than last year. Staying healthy alone would be a huge coup for the system this year.

Aside from that, I can count about 10 guys who could break out and become top prospects this season. Some I already highlighted on Bronx Baseball Daily (Greg Bird, Ben Gamel, Robert Refsnyder, and Cory Black), but there are others too. Here's my list in no particular order.

1. Greg Bird,
    2. Robert Refsnyder
    3. Jake Cave
    4. Cory Black
    5. Bryan Mitchell
    6. Evan Rutckyj
    7. Peter O'Brien
    8. J.R. Murphy
    9. Jose Campos
    10. Rafael DePaula

I could envision scenarios where any of the above players are top 100 prospects by the end of the season. Some more likely than others.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    I have high hopes for a big year on the farm this season. Last season there were a ton of injuries, to the point where there is no way the farm could suffer more injuries this year than last year. Staying healthy alone would be a huge coup for the system this year.

Aside from that, I can count about 10 guys who could break out and become top prospects this season. Some I already highlighted on Bronx Baseball Daily (Greg Bird, Ben Gamel, Robert Refsnyder, and Cory Black), but there are others too. Here's my list in no particular order.

1. Greg Bird,
    2. Robert Refsnyder
    3. Jake Cave
    4. Cory Black
    5. Bryan Mitchell
    6. Evan Rutckyj
    7. Peter O'Brien
    8. J.R. Murphy
    9. Jose Campos
    10. Rafael DePaula

I could envision scenarios where any of the above players are top 100 prospects by the end of the season. Some more likely than others.
    DePaula jumps out on me. Hopefully the surgery Campos underwent doesn't diminish his talent

vCash
    I still havent given up on pineda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    I still havent given up on pineda
    Those are fun at parties. All that candy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    those are fun at parties. All that candy...
    iswydt.

vCash

1. Greg Bird,
    2. Robert Refsnyder
    3. Jake Cave
    4. Cory Black
    5. Bryan Mitchell
    6. Evan Rutckyj
    7. Peter O'Brien
    8. J.R. Murphy
    9. Jose Campos
    10. Rafael DePaula

Bird, Cave, Cote, and Black are the guys who I think will really make jumps. With Black being a guy who breaks into the top 100, as well as DePaula. Now for the other question, who do you think will lose value this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHughesUnit View Post
    Bird, Cave, Cote, and Black are the guys who I think will really make jumps. With Black being a guy who breaks into the top 100, as well as DePaula. Now for the other question, who do you think will lose value this year?
    100% chance Ty Hensley blows out his arm this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHughesUnit View Post
    Really any of the pitchers from Cote's draft class could break out this year. It would have to be whoever they end up sending to Charleston though. Pitchers won't get a lot of attention owning short season Staten Island. Camarena, Cote, Hayden Sharp, Chaz Hebert, and Rookie Davis are all breakout candidates. They all can't go to Charleston though, so whoever goes there is likely the best of the bunch and is the one to look out for. Add to that list Rony Bautista, Giovanny Gallegos, and Angel Rincon as well. Again, whoever starts the season in Charleston is a safe bet to get a lot of attention from national pundits. I also left out Dante Bichette Jr., but I think he is going to break out next season too. His first season in Charleston was similar to Slade Heathcott's in terms of disappointment, and look at him now.

As for who I think will lose value this year. It's funny, some of the people on that list for me are also on the potential breakout list. Refsnyder and O'Brien could easily fall of the face of the Earth if they don't produce. Bryan Mitchell could hurt his value if he doesn't get better with control this season. Jake Cave could lose almost all of his value if he gets injured again or isn't healthy to start the season.

A lot of the guys who played in Staten Island for the first time are in danger of really losing the little value they had. Ravel Santana, Isaias Tejeda, and Claudio Custodio are in danger of that. Betances could fall further off the map. I've been expecting Corban Joseph to fall off for a while, although I don't have a legit reason why except that I've never been all that impressed with his production. Melky Mesa and Zoilo Almonte are always candidates to fall off. Abraham Almonte too.

In the end, any pitcher can significantly drop their value at any time by getting injured as well.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    100% chance ty hensley blows out his arm this year.
    110%

vCash
    Those are fun at parties. All that candy...
    Either one is just as fragile as the other.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Who has the best chance to be a Yankee for the next 6-7 years after getting called up?

We need some Bernie's, Jeter's and Posada's to start filtering in at the major league level. I am talking serious talent that has staying power not just minor league star power but a question mark at the big leagues .....A Wil Myers type player?
    IMO if your looking for a Myers type impact prospect without alot of questions we really don't have one. Our highest ceiling players haven't even hit AA yet so they still have some questions that go with them because they haven't played at an advanced level and imo until a prospect hits AA u really don't know how good they can be. AA is where the pretenders are sorted out from the real deal prospects

That said for me the guys that could be impact players for the Yanks after they get called up are the names u always hear about. I think any of Williams, Heathcott, Sanchez and Austin could end up being above average to elite MLB players. Of those 4 IMO Heathcott has the highest ceiling of them all but has major injury concerns. i think Austin is probably the safest bet to actually reach his ceiling. I think legit arguments could be made for any of those 4 who could end up better it just comes down to personal preference.

Also i know Banuelos lost a whole season last yr and is out all next yr but i would give up on him becoming what we all hoped he would when he gets back

1. Greg Bird,
    2. Robert Refsnyder
    3. Jake Cave
    4. Cory Black
    5. Bryan Mitchell
    6. Evan Rutckyj
    7. Peter O'Brien
    8. J.R. Murphy
    9. Jose Campos
    10. Rafael DePaula

Bird, Cave, Depaula and Campos jump out as potential breakout candidates, i would also add Gumbs to that list.

Even though the top of our system is very thin the great part about our system is the huge amount of talent we have at the lower levels. IMO we probably have 20-30 players that have the talent to make huge leaps forward and by adding an extra team they re going to have a chance to play. I really think it could be an exciting couple of yrs for our prospects. Plus we will get to add a couple extra high draft picks with the pick we ll receive from Swisher and Soriano

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast