Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Melky Mesa being called up

Be very exciting too see him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Melky Mesa being called up

Be very exciting too see him
    What is his potential and is he a 5 tool player?
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He'll never be a superstar, but he has the potential to be a pretty solid everyday player, or at least a better bench player than Andruw Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    He'll never be a superstar, but he has the potential to be a pretty solid everyday player, or at least a better bench player than Andruw Jones.
    I think I could be a better bench player then Andruw Jones and I haven't played baseball since high school.

vCash
    Double-A Trenton (7-5 loss to Akron) Akron leads the best-of-five Championship series two games to none … Mikey O’Brien gets the ball with the season on the line in Game Three on Friday

CF Adonis Garcia & SS Addison Maruszak: both 0-4 — Maruszak struck out once, Garcia twice
    LF Ramon Flores: 1-3, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    3B David Adams: 2-4, 1 R, 1 K, 1 E (fielding)
    RF Zoilo Almonte: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 K – big three-run homer got them back in the game after being down 7-0
    C J.R. Murphy: 1-4, 1 R, 1 K
    1B Tyler Austin: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 3 K
    2B Kevin Mahoney: 1-4, 1 2B, 1 K
    DH Rob Segedin: 1-3, 1 R, 1 K
    LHP Shaeffer Hall: 3 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 5/2 GB/FB – 45 of 64 pitches were strikes (70%) … can’t imagine this is how he wanted his final start of the season to go
    RHP Craig Heyer: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 2/0 GB/FB — 19 of 28 pitches were strikes (68%)
    RHP Branden Pinder: 1 IP, zeroes, 1/2 GB/FB — six of 11 pitches were strikes
    RHP Mark Montgomery: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 22 of 28 pitches were strikes (79%)

The season is over for Triple-A Empire State, High-A Tampa, Low-A Charleston, Short Season Staten Island, and the Rookie GCL Yanks. Empire State lost their first round playoff series to Pawtucket while the other four failed to make the postseason.

Source: RAB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He has 4 tool talent. His hit tool is lacking but he has everything else (speed, power, arm, defense, etc). His ceiling is a platoon player at best because he can't make consistent contact at all. Likely a 4th OF/defensive replacement.

vCash
    Anyone else think that Adonis Garcia will be a good bench guy next year? Not saying he'll solve our outfield problems, but I think he'd be a great defensive replacement/pinch runner/utility type, since he can also play infield. We gave him a lot of money for a reason.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    I wish Mesa would be given a chance in the lineup before the season ends...

I also like Mark Montgomery a lot. I shall call him Monty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I'd take Sanchez and Williams, both, over Manny right now.
    I think a lot of people would agree with you. I just think an injury that you don't even need surgery for doesn't decrease your prospect stock. Especially when you're so young like Banuelos.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    #1 and #7 barely played in 2012, so I would knock them down a couple of notches.

#20 for Peter O'Brien seems high. Why aren't Almonte, Mesa, and Mustelier ranked above him?
    Almonte isn't higher because he is not a patient hitter and he's currently a bad fielder at a non-premium position.

Mesa isn't higher because he can't make consistent contact, has a low average and strikes out too much. Low average in the minors is likely to translate to even lower average in the majors. Mustelier is old and his potential to improve is limited. He looks good but I would argue that by the time some of these other prospects are 27 they would have much better stats than Mustelier does in the minors.

I think the argument can be made that Sanchez and/or Mason Williams should be above Manny B, but I just don't think it's fair to say that his prospect stock has fallen when there's really no reason to say that. Jose Campos is another one who had an injury that did not require surgery. To me, you can't decrease someone's stock over that.

Finally, Peter O'Brien is so high because of his sheer power at a premium position. His average was low, but that is mostly because of a horrific start due to a hand injury. Next year he will be completely healthy and ready to tear the cover off the ball. He hit 10 HR in short season ball this year, and I don't see a reason why he won't hit 20-25 in full season. From a catcher that would have lead the minors this season. His batting practices are apparently a spectacle because he hits so many bombs. This ranking is based off advanced scouting more than statistics from a season where he suffered from an injured hand all year.
    Last edited by Phoba Rama; 09-15-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    I think a lot of people would agree with you. I just think an injury that you don't even need surgery for doesn't decrease your prospect stock. Especially when you're so young like Banuelos.
    Of course. I think the top 3 are interchangeable. I'm just personally, a bit, partial to potentially all-star caliber positional players especially at positions like catcher and CF.

vCash
    He next best prospect goes by the initials of Ty

vCash
    Heard Banuelos might be ticketed for Tommy John surgery really soon. Lets hope it's just a rumor...

vCash
    I'm in favor of breaking every pitcher's elbow and making them undergo tommy john right after they're drafted....seems to work for the nats just fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    Heard Banuelos might be ticketed for Tommy John surgery really soon. Lets hope it's just a rumor...
    if thats true I can't tell u how pissed I will be. He hasn't pitched since April so its the same injury why didn't they have Banuelos have the surgery 5 months ago? Waiting till now means he'll have to completely lost seasons when if they would have just sent him to get TJS when he first got hurt he would have at least been pitching off a mound by mid summer.

Sometimes its absolutely unbelievable the level of incompetence the Yankees show when handling good pitching talent. Makes me sick

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast