Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    No, then we'd have to trade them. That's what we do with AAA guys.
    I get it. So, in effect, we should just jump guys from AA to MLB.

Oh wait.....only the other 29 teams do that.

We wait til an arm blowout.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Probably another Boone Logan, which is fine, it fills a possible need one day....
    Boone Logan is a worst case scenario for this kid IMO. He's got great stuff for a lefty and if his potential pans out he's a solid #2-4 starter. If I was making predictions, I would say #5 starter. With his stuff as a starter, I think he would be a much better reliever than Boone Logan if he ended up in the bullpen. He has better control and there's no reason why his stuff shouldn't play up in the bullpen.

Logan never had any success as a starter in the minors. He made 23 starts in short season leagues, sucked, and then was sent to the bullpen.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

the sad part is that we don't have any high impact position talents thats even played much if any at the AA level. Theirs some good talent that are likely to start the yr their but thats about it. Most of the players that skip from AA to the MLB level are top 5-1o overall talents and not that many of them find immediate success.

As for pitching talents we definitely have some guys that could be valuable players for us this yr

BTW i love your sig about Bonds i couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    Boone Logan is a worst case scenario for this kid IMO. He's got great stuff for a lefty and if his potential pans out he's a solid #2-4 starter. If I was making predictions, I would say #5 starter. With his stuff as a starter, I think he would be a much better reliever than Boone Logan if he ended up in the bullpen. He has better control and there's no reason why his stuff shouldn't play up in the bullpen.

Logan never had any success as a starter in the minors. He made 23 starts in short season leagues, sucked, and then was sent to the bullpen.
    i agree with u about Turley worst case is he turns into a LOOGY and his stuff would definitely play up out of the pen.

Turley flies under the national radar quite a bit IMO he has a chance to be alot better than most people give him credit for. He has got an excellent pitchers body being 6'6, is LHed and has above average to plus stuff. He still has some project-ability left in him and he has continued to improve. I don't think he'll every be an ace type but could easily end up as a 3-5 starter. If he has another solid yr at AA/AAA and continues to improve and refine his stuff he'll be hard for the national media to continue to ignore him

vCash
    Sickels Yankees top 20 prospects. http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...pects-for-2013

I was kinda surprised he had Austin 2nd, then again he's the same age as Williams and has put up some very spectacular numbers thus for.

As unlikely as it is that they all reach their ceilings it was pretty cool to see how good he thought an OF of Austin in RF, Williams in CF and Heathcott in RF would be in a couple yr

I would have Adams and J-Ram in my top 20, also even though Banuelos is out for the yr i still think he's alot better than our 10th best prospect. 3 plus pitches, Lhed and has AAA experience at age 21. After our top 4 and IMO Banuelos u could make solid arguments about alot of players in the 5-20 range, mostly based on personal preference

His opinion on Depaula was spot on, stuff is unbelievable as were the numbers but he hasn't pitched against anywhere near good enough hitters. I thought it said alot about how high he though his ceiling was that he mentioned that Depaula could be 1 of the best pitching prospects in baseball in 6 months.

Heres a link to a PDF Sickels wrote about the chances of a prospect making the MLB. Definately worth the read and would help alot of help understand why so many of our prospects fail .http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...ing-the-majors

Link to his top prospects for the upcoming draft http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...-profile-index

vCash
    You know, maybe our front office is actually a group of smart businessmen. Maybe they know we have a 'sweet spot' of prospects (as they called it), ready to jump to MLB in about two years. Maybe, just maybe, they are a bit smarter than us fans.

After all, they are the most successful team in sports history.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash

Never meant to compare him to Boone Logan, just the position of a lefthanded guy out of the pen.....
    Nick

vCash
    Word, Dayners.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Never meant to compare him to Boone Logan, just the position of a lefthanded guy out of the pen.....
    Oh I see. I still don't view him as a LOOGY though. IMO he won't fail as a starter.

vCash

How did you switch your name? I've been trying to for months.

vCash

Contact the admin, Sports Illustrator.

vCash
    Yes, clip showed me.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    You know, maybe our front office is actually a group of smart businessmen. Maybe they know we have a 'sweet spot' of prospects (as they called it), ready to jump to MLB in about two years. Maybe, just maybe, they are a bit smarter than us fans.

After all, they are the most successful team in sports history.
    we could all hope but i'm not counting on it

vCash
    With Hal counting on the young kids why would he even allow Cashman to trade them?

Hal said it again the other day that the kids will help the payroll so maybe, just maybe we will see 3-4 rookies in the lineup on Opening Day 2014....

The 90s dynasty years could return if these kids are the real deal because Hal could then buy a couple of key Vets for a nice blend of the 25 man roster....
    Nick

vCash
    Hopefully Gary Sanchez is one of them. We built from the middle of the field out with the young kids. Posada, Jeter, Andy, Bernie and Mo....Who do you guys see taking over those spots?

vCash

Or they trade for a guy whos shoulder blows out. I did like that trade though.

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast