Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    But he's a few years away. I'm talking about that can help us next year.
    Warren and Marshall are the closet to being any help but their not huge impact guys, Matt Tracy had some AAA experience last yr and could be a quality LH starter for us, he could be ready after the AS break this yr.

As far as Depaula he won't be ready next yr but he is a little older,21 and has the kind of stuff that could make him move very quickly through the system. Their already planning on starting him in high A and if he improves the control on his CU especially and to a lesser extent starts throwing his slider from the same arm slot as the rest of his pitches he could move very quickly. Our new MILB pitching coach believes in moving better pitching prospect up far more quickly than Nardi did. If everything goes right for Depaula it wouldn't shock me to see him in sometime in 2014. He also definately has all the stuff that could make him a legit 1-2 type starter. IMO he's the best chance we ve had at a Rhed home grown ace since Joba was a prospect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    But he's a few years away. I'm talking about that can help us next year.

Oh okay dident see that, Ummm yeah theres not much there in AAA or players knocking on the door.

It sucks that all of our talent are in AA and lower, Now that we got the A's minor league pitching coordinator maybe some of our high profile arms will start panning out. Ex. Campos, DePaula, Hensley, maybe even Bentances if his control can ever come back.

But yes Overall, young pitching that could help us out next year would be a pleasant surprise, but not expecting the moon out of these guys such as Phelps and our other AAA pitchers

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    Next prospect coming up has to be Montgomery. Guy is a phenom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Next prospect coming up has to be Montgomery. Guy is a phenom.
    i think your right about him being the next guy coming up but relievers are very tough to project no matter how good their stuff is. To find a elite reliever that is good yr after yr is pretty rare i hope Montgomery is that guy for us. We have 3-4 other really good relief prospects besides him as well.

TY i ve read a few reports on Montgomery some project him as a 7th-8th inning flame thrower and others think he's got elite closer potential. Whats your opinion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    i think your right about him being the next guy coming up but relievers are very tough to project no matter how good their stuff is. To find a elite reliever that is good yr after yr is pretty rare i hope Montgomery is that guy for us. We have 3-4 other really good relief prospects besides him as well.

TY i ve read a few reports on Montgomery some project him as a 7th-8th inning flame thrower and others think he's got elite closer potential. Whats your opinion?
    Kind of reminds me of a Joba-type reliever with an electric fastball and above average breaking pitches. For one thing, we know he is not a starter. I would like to see him in the late innings. Rivera will eventually retire, 2013 being my guess as his final season, and we should look in-house to replace him. Whether its Montgomery or someone else remains to be seen. Depends on his consistency and ability to pitch under pressure.

vCash
    nick goody may not be the next guy called up, but he'll make the most noise when he does

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Kind of reminds me of a Joba-type reliever with an electric fastball and above average breaking pitches. For one thing, we know he is not a starter. I would like to see him in the late innings. Rivera will eventually retire, 2013 being my guess as his final season, and we should look in-house to replace him. Whether its Montgomery or someone else remains to be seen. Depends on his consistency and ability to pitch under pressure.
    yeah thats not a bad comparison, Between Montgomery, Pinder and Goody we have some pretty strong relief prospects. Depending on what they do with Ramiez, hopefully he remains a starter, he could end up the best reliever of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    nick goody may not be the next guy called up, but he'll make the most noise when he does
    Goody off speed pitches aren't quite at the level of the other guys but if he can improve those u may be right. They say he has a feel for spinning the ball but has trouble matching up his arm angle so he kind of tips his pitches. He does throw his FB harder more consisntly than both Montgomery and Pinder so if he gets an off speed pitch figured out he could be really really good. I just hope 2 or 3 of them figured out

vCash
    Lol, Montgomery doesn't have an elite fastball. He sits 89-91 mostly and tops out at 94. His command isn't all that either with his fastball. His slider is elite, electric, plus, whatever you want to say.

Like Harry Dunn said earlier, I like Nick Goody the most out of our relief prospects. Excellent fastball velocity, depth, command. His slider isn't a plus pitch now but he has shown the ability to spin a quility breaking pitch. Pinder is similar. Big, big fastball but not much else.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Lol, Montgomery doesn't have an elite fastball. He sits 89-91 mostly and tops out at 94. His command isn't all that either with his fastball. His slider is elite, electric, plus, whatever you want to say.

Like Harry Dunn said earlier, I like Nick Goody the most out of our relief prospects. Excellent fastball velocity, depth, command. His slider isn't a plus pitch now but he has shown the ability to spin a quility breaking pitch. Pinder is similar. Big, big fastball but not much else.
    Oh, maybe I read a bad scouting report or something. I did watch him pitch once and he looked pretty dominant. There was no radar gun, but his FB looked overpowering. He definitely has sick offspeed stuff.

Marshall is another impressive pitcher who may make an appearance in 2013. I believe he is a starter though...

vCash
    Who are the tradable prospects that very good but have no chance because of depth?
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Who are the tradable prospects that very good but have no chance because of depth?
    1 of Adams or Joesph come to mind depending on what they do with Cano, especially with Gumbs a couple yrs away. Eventually one of Romine or Jr Murphy will be expendable, neither will be stars with the bat but both are projected to be plus defensive catchers with average or slightly better bats.
    One of Warren or Marshall is probably tradable because they project to be similar backend kind of pitcher although i much prefer Marshall.
    Next yr we'll have alot better idea of what we can afford to trade, we have a ton of very good pitching prospects and alot of OFers, middle infielders and catchers that maybe expendable in the right deal beacuse of the depth we have at all those positions. We just really need another yr to see how the kids that were in low A, SS and DSL perform when they get to the higher levels

vCash
    The Arizona Fall League announced its 2012 Top Prospects team, which is selected by Fall League managers and coaches. Voters are told to consider Fall League performance, but also major league projectability. The Yankees landed two players on the list, but they were also left with two snubs.

Reliever Mark Montgomery and catcher Austin Romine were each chosen for the Top Prospects team.

Romine didn’t have an overwhelming stint in the Fall League — he hit .222/.342/.286 — but still had the second-highest OPS among full-time catchers in the league. Montgomery did his usual strikeout routine, collecting 19 Ks and five walks through 10.1 innings. He allowed a total of five hits.

Of course, this list is missing the names Slade Heathcott and David Adams. Heathcott is especially surprising given his Fall League performance — .388/.494/.612 — and high ceiling projection. Might have been hurt by the fact he missed some time with minor health problems, but I’m still surprised to see him left off. Adams didn’t make the list at either second base or third base and might have been hurt by the fact he wasn’t full time at either spot (also, the guys who made the list ahead of him are pretty good).
    Yankees LoHud

vCash
    That write up makes no logical sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    That write up makes no logical sense.
    Heathcott was an obvious snub. He tore it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Heathcott was an obvious snub. He tore it up.
    Agreed.

Just because he missed a few games with an "injury or illness"

His numbers speak for themself.

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast