Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    BBDP Update equipped with tomorrow's starters....

http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...4-in-triple-a/

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    So, basically, we have nobody in AA or AAA worth a crap.

Jeez.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    So, basically, we have nobody in AA or AAA worth a crap.

Jeez.
    I wouldn't say that at all. People would have said that Phelps wasn't worth a crap when he was in Double-A. Now look at him. Same with Robbie Cano.

The three outfielders who will be moving to Triple-A next season actually remind me a lot of the pitching trio of David Phelps, Adam Warren, and DJ Mitchell. They are not highly touted prospects, but they are all young and solid, and have put up good numbers in High-A and Double-A.

The three outfielders I speak of are Zoilo Almonte, Melky Mesa, and Abraham Almonte. Melky and Abraham are plus fielders. Zoilo is major league average, although his speed and his arm would indicate that he has the potential to be better than that. As far as hitting goes, all three have been pretty good.

It's funny, because those three pitchers had the phenom prospects Banuelos, Betances, and Brackman coming up behind them, just like these three outfielders have Mason Williams, Tyler Austin, and Slade Heathcott behind them.

Anyway, as things have worked out, only Phelps has been able to help the major league team this season. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these three guys, or Ronnier Mustelier played an important role in the Yankees outfield sometime in the near future, be it next year or in 2013.

Aside from those guys, Adam Warren, Brett Marshall, Corban Joseph, David Adams, Chase Whitley, Preston Claiborne, Mark Montgomery, Vidal Nuno, Manny Banuelos, and Eduardo Nunez are all worth significantly more than "a crap"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all. People would have said that Phelps wasn't worth a crap when he was in Double-A. Now look at him. Same with Robbie Cano.

The three outfielders who will be moving to Triple-A next season actually remind me a lot of the pitching trio of David Phelps, Adam Warren, and DJ Mitchell. They are not highly touted prospects, but they are all young and solid, and have put up good numbers in High-A and Double-A.

The three outfielders I speak of are Zoilo Almonte, Melky Mesa, and Abraham Almonte. Melky and Abraham are plus fielders. Zoilo is major league average, although his speed and his arm would indicate that he has the potential to be better than that. As far as hitting goes, all three have been pretty good.

It's funny, because those three pitchers had the phenom prospects Banuelos, Betances, and Brackman coming up behind them, just like these three outfielders have Mason Williams, Tyler Austin, and Slade Heathcott behind them.

Anyway, as things have worked out, only Phelps has been able to help the major league team this season. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these three guys, or Ronnier Mustelier played an important role in the Yankees outfield sometime in the near future, be it next year or in 2013.

Aside from those guys, Adam Warren, Brett Marshall, Corban Joseph, David Adams, Chase Whitley, Preston Claiborne, Mark Montgomery, Vidal Nuno, Manny Banuelos, and Eduardo Nunez are all worth significantly more than "a crap"
    And that's why I ask!

I miss Puppy.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    And that's why I ask!

I miss Puppy.
    lol! Who's Puppy?

vCash
    lol! Who's Puppy?
    Nunez.

Ps - I'm practicing w the Tampa Yanks this wknd. Who should I 'befriend'???
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Nunez.

Ps - I'm practicing w the Tampa Yanks this wknd. Who should I 'befriend'???
    Just hang out in the outfield for a while and shag as many fly balls as you can, you'll get to meet the likes of Slade Heathcott, Tyler Austin, and Ramon Flores. Too bad Mason Williams is hurt, but these guys are all great prospects.

If you have time, definitely hit up the pitching staff. Nike Turley, Matt Tracy, and Jose Ramirez are all guys I would want to meet. Zach Nuding is no slouch either. Also, if you hang around the pitchers you'll probably also get to meet the catcher, Gary Sanchize.

If you're only interested in meeting top prospects, definitely steer clear of the infield haha.

vCash
    Just hang out in the outfield for a while and shag as many fly balls as you can, you'll get to meet the likes of Slade Heathcott, Tyler Austin, and Ramon Flores. Too bad Mason Williams is hurt, but these guys are all great prospects.

If you have time, definitely hit up the pitching staff. Nike Turley, Matt Tracy, and Jose Ramirez are all guys I would want to meet. Zach Nuding is no slouch either. Also, if you hang around the pitchers you'll probably also get to meet the catcher, Gary Sanchize.

If you're only interested in meeting top prospects, definitely steer clear of the infield haha.
    Cool, thx! Hope to get some good stories.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...ay-in-trenton/

Adams has a monster day in Trenton

vCash
    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...ll-in-the-gcl/

Rookie GCL pitchers have solid performance.

vCash
    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...ll-in-the-gcl/

Rookie GCL pitchers have solid performance.
    Ramon Ortiz...what do you think; do you think he will ever transition well to the majors, will he be trade bait eventually or do you think he could impact our rotation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Ramon Ortiz...what do you think; do you think he will ever transition well to the majors, will he be trade bait eventually or do you think he could impact our rotation?
    He's a 40 year old AAA depth guy. If he's impacting our rotation we are in deep ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    He's a 40 year old AAA depth guy. If he's impacting our rotation we are in deep ****.
    I didn't know he was 40

vCash
    I didn't know he was 40
    Lol well he could have an impact on our rotation... if he had a time machine that could rewind his life 10 years.

vCash
    You should voluntarily ban yourself for this or make it your sig.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast