Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Will Angelo Gumbs be ready for to replace Cano next season?
    Isn't Adams closer?
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Isn't Adams closer?
    Yes it certainly seems that way. He has a decent shot to play himself onto the 25 man roster depending on his play in spring training.

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by theslick1; 01-17-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Wrong thread!

vCash
    I agree Slick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Isn't Adams closer?
    Too bad he was hurt in 2010 as Cliff Lee would have been our #2.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-19-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Adams should be ready sometime this yr, has an above average bat and can play both 2nd and 3rd base. Also even though i'm not the big CoJo fan he could be easily ready sometime this yr. Gumbs probably has the highest ceiling and best tools but he hasn't even played a full season in low A. We really won't know his full potential till he reaches AA, plus he is still one of the younger players in his league. IMO he's one of my favorite players but we won't know how good he could be for a couple yrs

vCash
    A lot teams have their best prospects skipping AAA and going right to the majors..

In 2014, could Adams, Heathcott, Williams, Austin, Gumbs and Sanchez all be in the 2014 Opening Day lineup?

Why not sacrifice a year or two of just a .500 team and watch the kids grow? Obviously it would keep the payroll way below $189 million, plus Jeter, ARod, Gardner and Tex would all be there as well...
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-19-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    we arent the astros to field that many rookies , thats just insane and I love those guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    we arent the astros to field that many rookies , thats just insane and I love those guys
    But that's what Hal is thinking....he said he wants the minor leaguers coming up to help the team reach it's goal of $189 million.....

I'd do it and just sacrifice a few years....
    Nick

vCash
    yes, we all want that to have the rookies come up and blend in to be youthful and athletic, you may be taking it too literal to think all of them will break camp together, thats just insane and could do more harm than good to them

vCash
    yes, we all want that to have the rookies come up and blend in to be youthful and athletic, you may be taking it too literal to think all of them will break camp together, thats just insane and could do more harm than good to them
    Inferno's right. Steinbrenner also said he's not going to explore this budget situation at the cost of winning. Who knows how honest he's being but I don't think bringing all of those guys to the Bronx at once is within the scope of what Cashman or even Steinbrenner would be willing to do.

Finally, I think it's important to realize something. This whole "rebuilding" thing is lost on me. The Yankees made the playoffs last year with a team that's not much, if at all better than the team they will put out there this season. When they reached the playoffs last year most people agreed that there was a decent chance that they'd make it all the way to the world series. Probably as good as any other year.

The goal of "rebuilding" is to get your team to a point where they can make the playoffs and have a chance to compete for a World Series. The Yankees are already there. There's no reason they can't be there in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 too. Why bring up all of these kids and lose just for the sake of rebuilding when the goal of rebuilding would be to return to where the team is now, except maybe with some younger players (if we're lucky and they all turn out well).

I think the way they're doing it now is good. They're basically trying to rebuild while still keeping a team that can compete for a championship on the field. I can't think of a better way to do it. That said, I am not a fan of this budget BS and I think Steinbrenner is being way to cheap. He makes millions and millions of dollars off this team. There's no reason why he can't continue to spend reasonably. The only reason this team is even thinking about the word "rebuilding" is because of money. The team still has the talent to be a serious world series contender if they actually made a big time signing or two. It just doesn't seem right that this team is rebuilding because the owner wants more money. For himself, mind you, not for the team.
    Last edited by Phoba Rama; 01-19-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    Inferno's right. Steinbrenner also said he's not going to explore this budget situation at the cost of winning. Who knows how honest he's being but I don't think bringing all of those guys to the Bronx at once is within the scope of what Cashman or even Steinbrenner would be willing to do.

Finally, I think it's important to realize something. This whole "rebuilding" thing is lost on me. The Yankees made the playoffs last year with a team that's not much, if at all better than the team they will put out there this season. When they reached the playoffs last year most people agreed that there was a decent chance that they'd make it all the way to the world series. Probably as good as any other year.

The goal of "rebuilding" is to get your team to a point where they can make the playoffs and have a chance to compete for a World Series. The Yankees are already there. There's no reason they can't be there in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 too. Why bring up all of these kids and lose just for the sake of rebuilding when the goal of rebuilding would be to return to where the team is now, except maybe with some younger players (if we're lucky and they all turn out well).

I think the way they're doing it now is good. They're basically trying to rebuild while still keeping a team that can compete for a championship on the field. I can't think of a better way to do it. That said, I am not a fan of this budget BS and I think Steinbrenner is being way to cheap. He makes millions and millions of dollars off this team. There's no reason why he can't continue to spend reasonably. The only reason this team is even thinking about the word "rebuilding" is because of money. The team still has the talent to be a serious world series contender if they actually made a big time signing or two. It just doesn't seem right that this team is rebuilding because the owner wants more money. For himself, mind you, not for the team.
    The problem is Hal Steinbrenner has no freaking plan on getting the 2014 payroll at or under $189 million......

My plan does whether people think it is bad or not.....

Hal has said cheaper players will get us there but he also said he doesn't want to lose....he can't have it both ways. I really think he will try to use rookies in 2014 and then weed out the crap...then with cap numbers reset he can then blend in some high priced vets for 2015....

Hughes, Cano, Gardner, Robertson, Joba and Phelps should have been all locked up by now as only Phelps, Gardner and Robertson are returning for 2014..

How are they going to spend $70 million on 18 players for 2014?

How?

My plan does it easily!
    Nick

vCash
    how do you know they dont have a plan? and how do you know who they are bringing back

vCash
    how do you know they dont have a plan? and how do you know who they are bringing back
    18 players at $70 million?

A lot of players with one year deals averaging 3.8 million per player.....

Geez, Boone Logan makes $3 million this year.

They need more than half under $950,000 for it to work.....l

Hal is unrealistic with his goal or saying a winning team with his goal of $189 million......
    Nick

vCash
    i guess we can only win with 20 per year players like we have in the past

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast