Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    if only...
    Trust me. I used to say that Mark Teixeira was our Albert Pujols, and that came true. Now he hits just like Albert.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Outfielder Daniel Aldrich was named the 29th best prospect in the prospect-heavy Cape Cod League by Baseball America yesterday (subs. req’d). The Yankees signed the 21-year-old redshirt sophomore out of the College of Charleston as an undrafted free agent for $150k earlier this month.

“His uppercut left-handed swing and all-out approach leads to some swings and misses, especially against breaking balls, but scouts love his power, bat speed and strong wrists … [he projects] as a right fielder with an average arm,” wrote the publication. Aldrich hit .350/.382/.658 with ten homers with wood bats on the Cape this summer and he’s twice participated in the College Homerun Derby, winning it last year.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/08/ald...-league-75084/

vCash
    Yankees sent INF Ramiro Pena outright to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
    Pena cleared waivers after being designated for assignment over the weekend. The 27-year-old infielder appeared in three games with the Yankees in July and batted .258/.325/.328 with two homers, 29 RBI and a .653 OPS in 101 games at the Triple-A level this year.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    What is the injury that knocked out switch pitcher pat venditti, i see he hasn't pitched since june

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandslammer View Post
    What is the injury that knocked out switch pitcher pat venditti, i see he hasn't pitched since june
    Torn labrum in his right shoulder

Here's a link: http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/yankees/?p=12406

vCash
    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...#idc-container

Bronx Baseball Daily post season top 50 prospects. Lots of good scouting info in there. If you take a look, post some comments on there because I'd love to see some discussion. Tell me what you like/dislike about the list, who you're excited about, and who you think is overhyped.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    I'd have Hensley a lot higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I'd have Hensley a lot higher.
    The shoulder abnormality bumped him down, and I just felt there were a lot of guys who are ahead of him as of right now. If he proves that he's awesome next year then by all means I'll bump him up, but for now he's all potential and very little in the way of results, with an obvious injury risk.

vCash
    since we suck now and lose every game, any chance we see some of the kids get called up?

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    I think Sanchez should be ahead of manny. I just can't get excited about a pitcher who has basically done nothing at aaa and gets shut down all the time.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I think Sanchez should be ahead of manny. I just can't get excited about a pitcher who has basically done nothing at aaa and gets shut down all the time.
    That's a fair argument, but you have to consider Manny's age in this. To say he's done nothing in AAA is not really fair because he's had such a small sample size, and clearly his elbow wasn't right while he was there. We'll see the real Manny next season. If he still isn't the old Manny, then I'll be willing to knock him down in the rankings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    That's a fair argument, but you have to consider Manny's age in this. To say he's done nothing in AAA is not really fair because he's had such a small sample size, and clearly his elbow wasn't right while he was there. We'll see the real Manny next season. If he still isn't the old Manny, then I'll be willing to knock him down in the rankings.
    I hear ya. I just prefer performance over potential.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    I'd take Sanchez and Williams, both, over Manny right now.

vCash
    #1 and #7 barely played in 2012, so I would knock them down a couple of notches.

#20 for Peter O'Brien seems high. Why aren't Almonte, Mesa, and Mustelier ranked above him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I'd take Sanchez and Williams, both, over Manny right now.
    I still have Manny higher. He's had some success at a higher level than both Sanchez and Williams. Those 2 cooled off a bit when they got called up to High A. Given an injury riddled season, I think Banuelos is still our top spec.

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast