Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Or bring back Swisher for somewhere in between
    May have to, unless we make a trade.

We need to upgrade at catcher too. I was hoping Romine would be ready by now, but he has virtually no experience above AA...and for the love of God Martin needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I dont think we have anyone in the minors other than Ronnie who could step in, personally. Most of our talent is at a lower level, which you're aware of.

The FA class is extremely lacking too. We're either going to have to pay out of the nose to sign someone (Melky), or settle for a lesser player (Luke Scott). The two players I used are merely examples.

Catcher is also a concern.
    Ichiro is about 2 seasons away from 3000 hits. I bet we can sign him on the cheap for a year and wait for the kids to grown up.

I'd go with Romine and Stewart at Catcher.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Ichiro is about 2 seasons away from 3000 hits. I bet we can sign him on the cheap for a year and wait for the kids to grown up.

I'd go with Romine and Stewart at Catcher.
    I respectfully disagree with that course of action. Ichiro is garbage. He actually has a negative WAR with us even though he's barely been here. We'd be better off with someone else.

Romine isn't ready for the show and Stewart isnt even that good of a backup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    With his tools he will always be someone to watch. A great example is Melky Mesa. He flew under the radar but because of his tools the Yankees never gave up on him, now he is about 1/2 of a good season away from playing in the show.
    Ok, so the yankees never gave up on him, and now they have a potential fourth outfielder. What exactly is the morale of this story?
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    I respectfully disagree with that course of action. Ichiro is garbage. He actually has a negative WAR with us even though he's barely been here. We'd be better off with someone else.

Romine isn't ready for the show and Stewart isnt even that good of a backup
    You don't think Romine or Stewart can hit the mendoza line? Haha.

Who is the magical "someone else"?
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash

There's probably an OF or two in AAA that can do what Ichiro can do now.

vCash
    First, some notes…

The Yankees have released 1B Russell Branyan. He missed a whole bunch of time with back trouble this year but otherwise hit .309/.438/.655 with eleven homers in 137 plate appearances for Triple-A Empire State.

The naming contest for next year’s Triple-A Scranton franchise is down to six finalists: Blast, Black Diamond Bears, Fireflies, Porcupines, Rail Riders, and Trolley Frogs. Typical minor league names. You can vote here for another two weeks.

RHP Adam Warren earned the tenth spot on this week’s Prospect Hot Sheet while OF Slade Heathcott go some love in the In The Team Photo section.

Second, Friday night bullet points…

Triple-A Empire State (win): LF Chris Dickerson continued his hot hitting and was a triple shy of the cycle. 2B Corban Joseph (two), LF Ronnie Mustelier (two), and RF Darnell McDonald (three) all had multiple singles. 3B Brandon Laird and C Frankie Cervelli chipped in doubles. RHP Ramon Ortiz allowed four runs in six innings, but RHP Cory Wade picked him up with two scoreless and hitless frames.

Double-A Trenton (loss): Both LF Rob Segedin and 2B Walt Ibarra had a pair of knocks, including a double by Ibarra. CF Adonis Garcia and 3B David Adams also singled. Very slow night with the sticks. LHP Shaeffer Hall allowed five runs in ten hits in 5.2 innings, though LHP Josh Romanski came out of the bullpen to fire 1.2 scoreless.

High-A Tampa (loss): Pretty big night for the offense despite the loss. Multiple hits were had by DH Slade Heathcott (two singles), C Gary Sanchez (double and two singles), and 3B Zach Wilson (single and double). CF Ramon Flores drew a walk but did not have a knock. RHP Jose Ramirez recorded just two outs while allowing three unearned runs on three walks. No hits either, so a weird night for him. RHP Sean Black walked four and struck out one while allowing a pair of runs in 1.1 innings of relief.

Short Season Staten Island (loss): 1B Matt Snyder had the only extra-base hit of the night, a double. The rest of the offense was singles by DH Ravel Santana (two), C Peter O’Brien, 2B Fu-Lin Kuo (two), RF Exicardo Cayones, and 3B Matt Duran (two). RHP Gabe Encinas got rocked, allowing eight hits on seven hits and four walks in five innings. He struck out one.

Rookie GCL Yanks Game One (win): 3B Dalton Smith doubled and singled for his first two pro hits while 2B Jerison Lopez had a two-bagger as well. SS Austin Aune struck out in all four plate appearances. Ouch. LHP Pedro Feliciano made his first rehab outing while RHP Hayden Sharp followed him up with four scoreless innings. He allowed just a single hit. RHP Brady Lail chipped in three scoreless innings as well.

Rookie GCL Yanks Game Two (loss): 1B Greg Bird walked twice and got hit by a pitch as he comes back from his back problem. 3B Miguel Andujar doubled and C Chris Breen singled twice to pretty much sum up the offense. RHP Ty Hensley allowed one run in his third professional outing, striking out three and walking two in 2.2 innings. He allowed just one hit.

Low-A Charleston was rained out. They’re going to play a doubleheader tomorrow.

vCash

No, I dont think they can. Romine has a total of 6 AAA games under his belt and hasn't exactly been a terror for AA pitching either. As for Stewart, he's played six seasons and over those six seasons he has yet to put together a full season in total (131 games). He's a backup at best and not a very good one (Cervelli is probably a better backup honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    There's probably an OF or two in AAA that can do what Ichiro can do now.
    This or we can pick up someone from the scrap heap. Ichiro had a nice game last night, but he's not exactly a superstar anymore...or anything even close to one.

vCash
    No, I dont think they can. Romine has a total of 6 AAA games under his belt and hasn't exactly been a terror for AA pitching either. As for Stewart, he's played six seasons and over those six seasons he has yet to put together a full season in total (131 games). He's a backup at best and not a very good one (Cervelli is probably a better backup honestly).

This or we can pick up someone from the scrap heap. Ichiro had a nice game last night, but he's not exactly a superstar anymore...or anything even close to one.
    We can agree to disagree. Martin is aweful, Romine can grow into a much better catcher and BE at least as good right away. Stewart is a backup, I agree. So is Martin.

Let's hear these mythical scrap heap players or findings in AAA? Ichiro is the best of the scrap heap. If there is someone in AAA, cool, but there just isn't.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Ok, so the yankees never gave up on him, and now they have a potential fourth outfielder. What exactly is the morale of this story?
    This post was in response to someone posting "Slade Heathcott could be a player to watch."

The moral of the post is that a player with great tools is always a player to watch, even if they have a crappy season or two. I used Melky Mesa as an example because personally, I feel that a fourth outfielder that can contribute at the major league level is and exciting player to have in your minor leagues. This is especially true when that player has the potential to be more than just a 4th outfielder, as in Mesa's case.

So the point of the post is that Mesa was always and still is a player to watch, and now he's knocking on the door to the majors despite his past shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Mesa is the next Granderson, but he could be an everyday player if he continues to improve as he has.

I thought my previous post got these points across much more concisely, but since you wanted an explanation of the "moral of the story," here it is.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Phoba what's up with Bronx baseball daily haven't seen anything in a while

vCash
    We can agree to disagree. Martin is aweful, Romine can grow into a much better catcher and BE at least as good right away. Stewart is a backup, I agree. So is Martin.

Let's hear these mythical scrap heap players or findings in AAA? Ichiro is the best of the scrap heap. If there is someone in AAA, cool, but there just isn't.
    Martin is awful, I agree. If you truly feel its wise to have a kid, with no AAA experience (I'm not counting the six games), with not so stellar minor league numbers, who will have missed more or less this entire season to injury take over in split with someone else who's garbage than all the power to you, but Id rather find an upgrade, even if minor.

As for the scrap heap, who cares who it is? Hell, Chris Dickerson could produce what Ichiro does for the league minimum rather than the several (and I mean several) millions of dollar we'd have to pay Ichiro.

vCash
    Martin is awful, I agree. If you truly feel its wise to have a kid, with no AAA experience (I'm not counting the six games), with not so stellar minor league numbers, who will have missed more or less this entire season to injury take over in split with someone else who's garbage than all the power to you, but Id rather find an upgrade, even if minor.

As for the scrap heap, who cares who it is? Hell, Chris Dickerson could produce what Ichiro does for the league minimum rather than the several (and I mean several) millions of dollar we'd have to pay Ichiro.
    1) you lost me at MINOR upgrade. There is no point there. Show me significant upgrade with upside and you'll win me over.

2). No he won't. Not over a full season. And not in the post season. Dickerson is a fine extra pie but not only is he not. Regular season starter, he doesn't have any upside to hold out hope for (like Romine).
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Phoba what's up with Bronx baseball daily haven't seen anything in a while
    Not sure what's been up with the other writers, but the reason I haven't been posting as much is because I just officially started my residency. I had work for 11 straight days and have worked a lot of nights recently so I haven't been able to post on most nights. I have some time on my hands now though so I'm going to start posting my BBDP updates again. I usually post articles every Wednesday, but I'll be posting more articles in the next two weeks.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Here's an idea... trade with Cincy for Ryan Hanigan and Chris Heisey. Mesoraco is going to likely be their starter next year at catcher, and they'll probably re-sign Ludwick as well, making both guys somewhat expendable.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast