Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Via Andrew Marchand, the Yankees have decided to shut top pitching prospect Manny Banuelos down for the rest of the season in hopes of getting him healthy in time for winter ball. The 21-year-old southpaw has thrown just 24 innings this year due to a minor back problem and a non-structural elbow injury that VP of Baseball Ops Mark Newman described as a bone bruise.

“He’ll recover from this,” said Newman. “That’s what our doctors say. We have no doubt about it. At this point, there is no reason to push it. We are trying to be as prepared as we can for next season.” The Yankees could sent Banuelos to the Arizona Fall League, but that’s a rough environment for a young pitcher. A trip home to Mexico or one of the other Latin American winter leagues could be in order, assuming the elbow actually heals up at some point. A few weeks ago we heard that Banuelos was on a throwing program.

Source: RAB

vCash
    And this is why you always trade maybes for proven.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd agree with u in alot of cases but not Banuelos, even if the worst happens and he misses all yr next yr he still returns as a 23 yr old LHer with front of the rotation stuff. If he wasn't 21 and Lhed i'd feel differently but its so hard to come by good LH pitching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'd agree with u in alot of cases but not Banuelos, even if the worst happens and he misses all yr next yr he still returns as a 23 yr old LHer with front of the rotation stuff. If he wasn't 21 and Lhed i'd feel differently but its so hard to come by good LH pitching
    I think he will make an impact at the MLB level sometime next year, september call up maybe?

He was showing good numbers at AAA ball at 20/21 years old. So I have faith in his stuff.

I believe he will be in our rotation for the 2014 season. Really do.

LH are great for yankees stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I agree with you Leo...I would never hold up trades for marquee young players because of prospects.. Especially with the buying power the Yanks have to cover up mistakes.

Im not advocating trading a top prospect for a 30+, High priced declining veteran but if you could get a young proven player under team control then I wouldnt hesitate to move anyone.

An example would be moving Austin Jackson for a Curtis Granderson...Alot of people said AJAX's ceiling was a Granderson type career so why not trade him for the proven product who was young and under contract.

On a side note, ManBan is still a while away....He hasnt even had his obligatory Tommy John surgery yet.

Yankees - Knicks - NY Giants - UK Wildcats - Michigan Wolverines

My UFC Crew:

HW: J.Dos Santos - R.Nelson - B.Schaub
    LHW: R.Evans - J.Jones - Shogun Rua - G.Teixeira - A.Gustafson
    MW: C.Leben - A.Silva - C.Sonnon
    WW: G.St.Pierre - R.McDonald - J.Hendricks
    LW: D.Cerrone - J.Lauzon - M.Johnson - R.Nijem - N.Diaz - M.Chiesa
    FW: J.Aldo - J.Brookins - C.Sung-Jung
    BW: M.McDonald - U.Faber

vCash
    The injury may affec mason's swing.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Very much so. He's toast.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    What if's. Won't know til next year.

vCash
    Unfortunate for Manny. He will heal. He is young and will get back ont rack during the winter.

vCash
    It's sad for me to say because I was hoping and praying for them so hard, but Banuelos and Betances will never amount to anything for us... just really hyped prospects.

I feel like Banuelos will have the better shot of doing anything, but he's not gonna be a #1 or even 2 guy in the MLB. I feel bad saying that because I loved these guys and always wanted to keep them, never trade them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    It's sad for me to say because I was hoping and praying for them so hard, but Banuelos and Betances will never amount to anything for us... just really hyped prospects.

I feel like Banuelos will have the better shot of doing anything, but he's not gonna be a #1 or even 2 guy in the MLB. I feel bad saying that because I loved these guys and always wanted to keep them, never trade them.
    And what makes you say Banuelos will not be a #1 or #2 one day?

vCash
    its his non throwing arm and the shoulder that should lest effect his swing, i'll wait until we see him next yr before writing him off. At the very least he will still be a plus defender, with a plus arm, plus speed and could still hit for a high average. He might lose some of his emerging power but thats about it. It wasn't like he was going to make an impact or even seen the MLB roster next yr so he should have 2 yrs to fully recover.

As far as Banuelos he still very young and has 3 plus pitches, if we trade away guys like that were never going to get under the 189 mark. He may never be a 1-2 type starter but i think he could be and elite # 3

vCash
    Did I miss something? Did Mason Williams get hurt? When? How? How serious?

Yankees - Knicks - NY Giants - UK Wildcats - Michigan Wolverines

My UFC Crew:

HW: J.Dos Santos - R.Nelson - B.Schaub
    LHW: R.Evans - J.Jones - Shogun Rua - G.Teixeira - A.Gustafson
    MW: C.Leben - A.Silva - C.Sonnon
    WW: G.St.Pierre - R.McDonald - J.Hendricks
    LW: D.Cerrone - J.Lauzon - M.Johnson - R.Nijem - N.Diaz - M.Chiesa
    FW: J.Aldo - J.Brookins - C.Sung-Jung
    BW: M.McDonald - U.Faber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford1829 View Post
    I agree with you Leo...I would never hold up trades for marquee young players because of prospects.. Especially with the buying power the Yanks have to cover up mistakes.

Im not advocating trading a top prospect for a 30+, High priced declining veteran but if you could get a young proven player under team control then I wouldnt hesitate to move anyone.

An example would be moving Austin Jackson for a Curtis Granderson...Alot of people said AJAX's ceiling was a Granderson type career so why not trade him for the proven product who was young and under contract.

On a side note, ManBan is still a while away....He hasnt even had his obligatory Tommy John surgery yet.
    Terrible example.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Terrible example.
    Yeah, that example isn't looking so hot right now. Jackson is putting up a huge season at 25 and would be our 2nd best hitter at worst. He's putting up just as good a season as Cano.

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast