Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    Agreed. It's very unlikely he'll ever figure it out, and I think Dayners pointed that out. Anyway, no reason to sell low on him now. Wait until he goes on one of his hot streaks, then sell high on him.
    Betances on a hot streak? You're kidding, right?

vCash
    Slinger is right. Although I wouldn't necessarily say as a rule that tall guys don't pan out, they do tend to have more problems. Bigger bodies mean more moving parts. More moving parts decreases the chances for consistency in the delivery. Consistency in the delivery is the key to command.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Betances on a hot streak? You're kidding, right?
    Absolutely not. I'm not sure how long you've been following prospects for but just last year Betances was on a hot streak long enough for him to be considered a top 100 prospect. That could fetch a decent return in a trade. Think before you criticize amigo.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    I'd give Betances one more season. If he still stinks it up in AA next year maybe its time to abort mission.

vCash
    via mike vander woude, the yankees have activated eduardo nunez off the triple-a disabled list and sent him down to high-a tampa. It’s just a procedural move, he still needs to get back into a groove following the thumb injury and now he’ll get to stay close to the home base in florida rather than rejoin the traveling triple-a circus. I suppose the good news is that he’s off the dl a week before the trade deadline, eh?
    rab

vCash
    I say trade Betances at this point. CC, Nova, Hughes, Pineda, Pettitte is a good starting point next season. If not Pettitte, Phelps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I say trade Betances at this point. CC, Nova, Hughes, Pineda, Pettitte is a good starting point next season. If not Pettitte, Phelps.
    Yeah, at least Banuelos is still young and had an injury ridden season, something he can come back from. Betances has had a failure of a year. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do with him. He's pretty lousy trade bait, who is going to want him? We might be stuck with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Yeah, at least Banuelos is still young and had an injury ridden season, something he can come back from. Betances has had a failure of a year. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do with him. He's pretty lousy trade bait, who is going to want him? We might be stuck with him.
    Best case scenario is a team still thinks he has upside and potential and trades a pitcher to us, even if it's a #3 or #4 type pitcher.

Worst case is we stick with Betances and convert him to the bullpen, where he may be proven most successful. Maybe having a 6 foot something guy coming out of the bullpen is our best option here. He may be more comfortable there too

vCash
    I'd trade buttances for an early DVD of Dark Knight Rises.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...pitches-a-gem/

Turley 9 K in seven innings. Tracy goes 7 strong, Camarena debuts, Saxon Butler and David Adams homer.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...pitches-a-gem/

Turley 9 K in seven innings. Tracy goes 7 strong, Camarena debuts, Saxon Butler and David Adams homer.
    And Tyler Austin returns Ok, only in the GCL, but he did homer!

Turley

vCash
    Turley, Tracy and J Ram have really progressed nicely this yr. Hopefully they can all keep it up, it would give us a really really strong group of both Lhed and Rhed starters at the upper levels next yr. Plus we ll have a promising group in the lower levels with Depaula, Campos and Hensley

vCash
    Nice to see Romine playing again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Nice to see Romine playing again
    Austin as well and its nice to see Adams back and hitting well. Hopefully Santana can breakout of his funk and start playing like the player he showed he was last yr. It would be a shame if that ankle injury permanently derailed what looked like the start of a very very promising start as a prospect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post

via mike vander woude, the yankees have activated eduardo nunez off the triple-a disabled list and sent him down to high-a tampa. Itís just a procedural move, he still needs to get back into a groove following the thumb injury and now heíll get to stay close to the home base in florida rather than rejoin the traveling triple-a circus. I suppose the good news is that heís off the dl a week before the trade deadline, eh?
    rab
    It would not surprise me to see Nunez traded next week.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast