Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Gardner

vCash

Brett Gardner

I know he is off to a slow start, however the guy is a fantastic outfielder with a high OBP and speed that can torture opposing defenses. With the Yankees seeming to be more open to signing guys long term, would you consider signing him to a more team friendly deal after this year?

Thanks to Infernoscurse for the amazing Sig!!!

vCash
    Long term for a 31 year old? I'd wait until he became a free agent.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Gardy is a guy who's game is based on his speed. Like Webslinger said he will be 31 at the end of the 2014 season and when you say "long term" I'm not sure that is the best option when speed is one of the first things to fade. I wouldn't mind if he was extended for a few seasons.
    Last edited by Yankees 1903; 04-07-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    I'd give him a 3 year deal. Maybe with a club option for 4th year. Maybe. He's not young anymore. As stated above, his game is based on speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'd give him a 3 year deal. Maybe with a club option for 4th year. Maybe. He's not young anymore. As stated above, his game is based on speed.
    Sounds about right.

vCash
    Stinks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    oversized head

vCash
    If Williams and Heathcott make serious progression this season the yankees should consider trading Gardner not signing him to a long term deal.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Makes sense to me. I think he will still be plenty fast enough in 3-4 years plus he is a 'gamer' and that counts in my book. He is a Yankee at heart it seems.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    when we traded for granderson we traded the wrong guy, we should have sent gardner there and stayed with ajax

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    when we traded for granderson we traded the wrong guy, we should have sent gardner there and stayed with ajax
    Unfortunately its easy to say that with hindsight but I often wonder what things would be like if we had been able to hold onto Jackson AND still get Grandy.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    No.

vCash

You're not going to get a centerfielder with the 14th highest wOBA at this position and a 2.6 WAR without giving up the farm.

vCash

You're not going to get a centerfielder with the 14th highest wOBA (2009) at this position and a 2.6 WAR without giving up the farm.

vCash
    What makes you think Gardy would have been enough? Pretty sure the Tigers would want a higher rated prospect (Ajax).

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast