Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1004
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,256
    vCash
    1500
    I posted this trade in the Trade Forum but didn't get any feedback and wanted to see what you guys thought...

    TOR trades: Calderon, Bargnani, Ross, Kleiza, Davis, Future First (Lottery Protected)
    TOR receives: Jefferson, Gooden, Dunleavy, Harrington

    Reason: They become a much better team in the East

    UTA trades: Jefferson, Carroll
    UTA receives: Calderon, Ross, Lamb, TOR First Rounder (Lottery Protected)

    Reason: Add a damn good player for the future in Ross, mainly allows Derrick Favors & Kanter to get some burn, Calderon is an expiring which was Jefferson but with Ross added and him gone it becomes more valuable to young players

    MIL trades: Gooden, Dunleavy, Udrih, Future First (Lottery Protected)
    MIL receives: Bargnani, Afflalo, Carroll

    Reason: Afflalo strengthens their backcourt with a little more size and defense, Bargnani adds another scorer to open up more for Jennings & Ellis uptempo styles

    ORL trades: Harrington, Afflalo
    ORL receives: Udrih, Kleiza, Davis, MIL Future First (Lottery protected)

    They shed more salary and I know they have worse players but eh' isn't like they will make the playoffs within the time that they expire anyways so I think it would be beneficial to them to shed the salary faster.

    Thoughts?
    Your team has...

    Jennings, Ellis, & Bargnani as the scorers with Ilyasova getting leftovers

    Dalembert in the middle for defense, Afflalo as the shutdown defender

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    First off I really can't shake my head hard enough at you. Not only do the Bucks get absolutely nothing from this trade, and you give Orlando Eric Gordon, a premier gaurd in the NBA, and Brandon Jennings another top 20 NBA player for essentially a defensive 2 guard and a 1st round draft pick...


    OUCH..

    Alec Brown isn't terrible but I highly doubt he even comes out with the plethora of centers that will be coming out this year.

    Then you make the statement that makes me cringe most of all...

    Making Monta Ellis a point guard.

    You do realize he has one of the highest turnover ratios for 2 guards on the NBA right? And you want to put the ball in his hands more?

    Listen Ive heard this argument many times...Make Monta a PG:

    Problem is he can't run a team. There is a difference between getting assists and running the team.

    Dont you realize Jennings has one of the best assists to t/o ratio in the league, and he's only averaged more assists every year he's been in the league?!
    You are severely overrating Jennings. He is in no way a top 20 player. His career shooting percentage is under 40%, and what you say about his assists isn't even true. For his career he is averaging 5.5 assists per game while playing 34 minutes per game! That's not good at all for a point guard. Now, he's off to a great start this year in that department, but he's still not shooting the ball all that well, with the exception of last night.

    Yes, he's probably set up to be a pretty decent floor manager for a team if he continues to improve. But he's terribly overrated by some in this forum. He's NOT a go to scorer, and opposing PG's score on him with ease.

    Ellis isn't a good floor manager, but he can do a lot of what Jennings does offensively, score more efficiently, and defend the position better.


    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    We need a a guy like Gordon.
    Yeah the Bucks do need a guy like Gordon, but they probably won't get one unless they draft him. Gordon's value is down right now because of how he is acting, and it is likely that most small market teams will stay away for fear that they will get stuck with a crybaby who won't give 100%.


    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    And do you really think anyone would walk away from 8 million dollars a year for the nest 4 years?

    We need to max out Jennings contract, sign Sanders long term, and get a decent two. I wouldn't even mind Afflalo just not with Monta at the point.
    I agree with that to an extent. I would be happy with Jennings and Afflalo, but I would still prefer Ellis to Jennings.

    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I wouldn't mind Afflalo. But not to part with Jennings in the process though. I'd send out some kind of package of Monta and fillers for Afflalo. I'd even consider bringing back Ersan friend Turkoglu if they took Gooden. Shed years of Gooden for one more season of Turk at $12M next season. I'd try Ellis,Moute,Gooden for Afflalo and Turkoglu.
    That deal might work.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    I posted this trade in the Trade Forum but didn't get any feedback and wanted to see what you guys thought...



    Your team has...

    Jennings, Ellis, & Bargnani as the scorers with Ilyasova getting leftovers

    Dalembert in the middle for defense, Afflalo as the shutdown defender
    I don't mind Afflalo. But were dumping nice expiring's for long term deal of Bargs. Also you forget to mention Lamb going out from Milwaukee. I don't want to part with him just yet. Really no minutes for Bargs here. Were not even playing Gooden. Besides Moute and Henson coming back soon enough. We have a log jam the way it is for minutes. By losing expiring's and taking on two long salaries. Would be hard to extend Jennings,Ellis. Ya figure even with Gooden gone still taking back Bargs and Afflalo. We need cap for Jennings and Ellis then Sanders been unbelievable this season which will be a big payday for him down the line. Besides the new big deal to Ersan which he hasn't lived up to yet.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,170
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    You are severely overrating Jennings. He is in no way a top 20 player. His career shooting percentage is under 40%, and what you say about his assists isn't even true. For his career he is averaging 5.5 assists per game while playing 34 minutes per game! That's not good at all for a point guard. Now, he's off to a great start this year in that department, but he's still not shooting the ball all that well, with the exception of last night.

    Yes, he's probably set up to be a pretty decent floor manager for a team if he continues to improve. But he's terribly overrated by some in this forum. He's NOT a go to scorer, and opposing PG's score on him with ease.

    Ellis isn't a good floor manager, but he can do a lot of what Jennings does offensively, score more efficiently, and defend the position better.


    Yeah the Bucks do need a guy like Gordon, but they probably won't get one unless they draft him. Gordon's value is down right now because of how he is acting, and it is likely that most small market teams will stay away for fear that they will get stuck with a crybaby who won't give 100%.




    I agree with that to an extent. I would be happy with Jennings and Afflalo, but I would still prefer Ellis to Jennings.



    That deal might work.
    1st bold: You might be right, but you know what I see a ton of talent in the kid. I see what he can do, now that doesn't always translate game in and game out but I know with the right players around him he could be much better.

    2nd bold: Derrick Rose' career asst average in 1 higher. One. And Jennings has had some of the worst players around him. Yes I will include a fat lazy John Salmons in that.

    3rd bold: I would agree with that right now.

    4th bold: Ellis scores better in bunches but he cannot consistantly score the ball. If someone is bigger than him and can even keep up with him a little bit he becomes completely neutralized.

    I completely disagree about Ellis defending any position better. Just because he'll be matched up against smaller players doesn't mean he has the advantage. He is still anatrocious defender.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png
    _____________
    " Failure is only defined by someone's perception of what failing is."-His Airness

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    1st bold: You might be right, but you know what I see a ton of talent in the kid. I see what he can do, now that doesn't always translate game in and game out but I know with the right players around him he could be much better.

    2nd bold: Derrick Rose' career asst average in 1 higher. One. And Jennings has had some of the worst players around him. Yes I will include a fat lazy John Salmons in that.

    3rd bold: I would agree with that right now.

    4th bold: Ellis scores better in bunches but he cannot consistantly score the ball. If someone is bigger than him and can even keep up with him a little bit he becomes completely neutralized.

    I completely disagree about Ellis defending any position better. Just because he'll be matched up against smaller players doesn't mean he has the advantage. He is still anatrocious defender.
    I'm not saying Ellis is a great defender- he's not. But I think he defends the PG position better than Jennings- probably not worth arguing because it's hard to back it up.

    Derrick Rose has a career average of 1.3 more assists per game than Jennings. That's actually a pretty large discrepancy. Difference is, Rose is a legit #1 scoring option, averaging an efficient 21 PPG, whereas Jennings averages an inefficient 16.8. Not even on the same plane.

    And you use the fact that Ellis struggles to score when a bigger defender is on him as an argument AGAINST moving him to PG? I guess I don't get it...

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    1500
    I see Bobcats and Hornets had a small trade yesterday. Carroll for Warrick.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    1500
    Damn the Wizards/ Pistons records combined are 0-14. No wins yet for the season. But Wizards been without Wall and Nene though.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    vCash
    1500
    I am wary of making a run a Eric Gordon because of his attitude, but on the other hand, players like Gordon don't come to Milwaukee as free agents. It may be a necessary gamble in order to get a legit #1 scoring option.

    Gordon's a great player, and he is set to become a free agent again when he is 27 or 28. The question is, is he mature enough to see the chance to get another huge contract year down the road and work for it? Or does he seem himself as set from life with his current contract, and is he going to coast?

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,958
    vCash
    1500
    After thinking about it, I honestly don't want to make any trades. Not for at least a month or two. We are playing great ball, and everyone is meshing well with each other. Let's not kill the chemistry now while we are winning.

    If we start breaking down, then let's look at flipping ersan or ellis for Gordon or Gasol
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    1500
    I'd look to trade Ersan at the deadline if he don't step it up. Package him with Gooden. Probably wont get much in return though other then another long bad contract.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I'd look to trade Ersan at the deadline if he don't step it up. Package him with Gooden. Probably wont get much in return though other then another long bad contract.
    Yeah, I really don't see either of them being taken on by any other team.

    Best bet, amnesty Gooden and hope the Ersan leaves the country.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    vCash
    1500
    Decided to come up with a scenario that kept Jennings instead of Ellis, just for the sake of diversity.


    Trade
    Bucks trade Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, and first rounder to the Hornets for Eric Gordon.

    Offseason

    Gooden Amnestied

    Dunleavy signs 2 years 8 million- 6, 2
    Dalembert Resigns 2 years 10 million- 7, 3
    Jennings resigns 5 years 70 million 16, 15, 14, 13, 12
    Przybilla resigns 1 year $854,000

    By amnestying Gooden, extra cap room is available to frontload the contracts, which means that in another year there will be enough cap room to resign Sanders.


    Roster

    PG- Jennings, Lamb, Rookie 2nd Rounder
    SG- Gordon, Dunleavy, Lamb
    SF- Harris, Dunleavy, Mbah Moute
    PF- Henson, Mbah Moute, Illyasova
    C- Sanders, Dalembert, Przybilla

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't give that much up for Gordon. Every team in the league will low ball the Hornets now.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    1500
    I'd consider Ersan, Ellis, Gooden for Gordon and Lewis. But wait till the dead line to see if Ersan steps it up or not. But could be risky if Gordon pouts here as well. Lewis nice expiring deal.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    1500
    I'd even consider Ellis, Ersan, Gooden for Gasol, Meeks, and either Blake or Duhon as the remaining filler. Even though both are garbage and already had Blake here once already. Skiles knows Duhon from the old Bulls days. Meeks would compete with Lamb, Dunleavy, Beno for starting sg. Unless we could trade Dalembert for Matthews or Redick. Then one of them be starting sg.

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •