Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bucks have exercised their options on Tobias Harris, Larry Sanders, and Ekpe Udoh.

vCash
    Thunder traded Harden,Cook,Aldridge,Hayward to Rockets for Martin,Lamb and two firsts rounders in 2013 (Dallas and Toronto) and a 2013 second (Bobcats). I believe Harden then got new contract worth $50M from Rockets.

vCash
    My bad, actually Harden received 5 years and $80M from Rockets. Thunder could only offer 4 years since they used the 5 year on Westbrook. A team can only have one 5 year contract on the roster.

vCash
    Woelfel mentioned yesterday on 1250 radio that Kohl is looking to sell the Bucks. But made it clear they have to stay in Milwaukee.

vCash
    Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel

Luc Mbah a Moute told me he won't be ready to play for a "few weeks." The Bucks forward would thus miss eight games.
    -Twitter

vCash
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=776322

There is an Eric Gordon to the Bucks trade idea there if you guys wanna check it out, feel free to post other trade ideas too (:

vCash
    Isn't Gordon still injured yet from last season? Not sure I wanna see us commit to a trade for injury prone player. Had to deal with Redd and Bogut for years always injured. It held our cap hostage. I rather just have Lamb start if Ellis walks.

vCash
    With Dalembert having off season. Yeah I know its only two games in. But with the emergence of Sanders. I wouldn't mind Dalembert to Magic for Redick. But with Dalembert gone, we would give more minute to others like Henson. But could mean we see some Gooden if Sanders fouls out early. Yes we would still have Udoh and Przybilla yet. Not sure Magic does this deal though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Isn't Gordon still injured yet from last season? Not sure I wanna see us commit to a trade for injury prone player. Had to deal with Redd and Bogut for years always injured. It held our cap hostage. I rather just have Lamb start if Ellis walks.
    I think it is more that he doesn't want to be in New Orleans. He told them not to match the Suns offer and they did.

He needs a change of scenery more than anything.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Lakers coach Mike Brown been fired. Curious if they do some trades at the deadline? They will be taxed a ton for luxury tax next few years.

vCash
    Here's a trade/offseason idea that I like a lot.

Orlando Gets- Eric Gordon, Brandon Jennings
    Bucks Get- Arron Afflalo
    Hornets Get- Samuel Dalembert, JJ Reddick, Orlando 1st rounder

With Eric Gordon basically refusing to play for the Hornets, they are in a tough spot, because not only do they lose leverage, but Gordon loses value because of his attitude. To get to expiring contracts for him basically means a fresh start. Getting Orlando's first round pick on top of that puts them in pretty good shape.

The Hornets get an exciting backcourt tandem that brings them closer to being a playoff team again.

The Bucks get Afflalo, a guy that I love. First off, he'sa an extremely efficient scorer for a wing player. He's got a career FG% of .466, with .404 from 3 and .804 from the line. Gordon makes more sense for the Hornets because he can create his own shot. That's not really Afflalo's game. Afflalo is a catch and shoot guy who moves well without the ball and converts efficiently both from the midrange and from deep. He's a good team player. He also works hard on the defensive end. He plays smart team defense and has good size. He's definitely an above average defender who defends beyond his measurables. His contract is also pretty team friendly.

With Afflalo in the fold, Ellis basically plays PG, which allows him to attack the rim and score and distribute. This makes Ellis the absolute focal point of the offense, and the hope is that in doing so, he can be convinced to stay, if the Bucks also overpay a bit.

In the offseason, Udrih, McRoberts, Daniels and Przybilla are allowed to walk. Gooden is amnestied.

Ellis extended 5 years 75 million- 18, 16.5, 15, 13.5, 12
    Dunleavy 2 years 8 million- 4,4
    Sanders 4 years 38 million- 9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 9.5

By frontloading Ellis and not backloading the others, future cap flexibility is insured.

Draft

1. Alec Brown UWGB

Good length and step-out game. Range out to 3 PT land. Not a special talent, but if he gets stronger he could bring good minutes and a different look off the bench.

2. Erick Green, PG Virginia Tech
    Backup PG with good size.

2013 Roster

PG- Ellis, Lamb, Green
    SG- Afflalo, Dunleavy, Lamb
    SF- Harris, Mbah Moute, Dunleavy
    PF- Henson, Mbah Moute, Illyasova
    C-Sanders, Udoh, Brown

The idea is to bury Illyasova on the bench with the hopes that he decides to go back to Europe if he can get similar money over there.

I think that team is much better on both ends of the floor than the current Bucks squad.
    Last edited by thornga2; 11-12-2012 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Here's a trade/offseason idea that I like a lot.

Orlando Gets- Eric Gordon, Brandon Jennings
    Bucks Get- Arron Afflalo
    Hornets Get- Samuel Dalembert, JJ Reddick, Orlando 1st rounder

With Eric Gordon basically refusing to play for the Hornets, they are in a tough spot, because not only do they lose leverage, but Gordon loses value because of his attitude. To get to expiring contracts for him basically means a fresh start. Getting Orlando's first round pick on top of that puts them in pretty good shape.

The Hornets get an exciting backcourt tandem that brings them closer to being a playoff team again.

The Bucks get Afflalo, a guy that I love. First off, he'sa an extremely efficient scorer for a wing player. He's got a career FG% of .466, with .404 from 3 and .804 from the line. Gordon makes more sense for the Hornets because he can create his own shot. That's not really Afflalo's game. Afflalo is a catch and shoot guy who moves well without the ball and converts efficiently both from the midrange and from deep. He's a good team player. He also works hard on the defensive end. He plays smart team defense and has good size. He's definitely an above average defender who defends beyond his measurables. His contract is also pretty team friendly.

With Afflalo in the fold, Ellis basically plays PG, which allows him to attack the rim and score and distribute. This makes Ellis the absolute focal point of the offense, and the hope is that in doing so, he can be convinced to stay, if the Bucks also overpay a bit.

In the offseason, Udrih, McRoberts, Daniels and Przybilla are allowed to walk. Gooden is amnestied.

Ellis extended 5 years 75 million- 18, 16.5, 15, 13.5, 12
    Dunleavy 2 years 8 million- 4,4
    Sanders 4 years 38 million- 9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 9.5

By frontloading Ellis and not backloading the others, future cap flexibility is insured.

Draft

1. Alec Brown UWGB

Good length and step-out game. Range out to 3 PT land. Not a special talent, but if he gets stronger he could bring good minutes and a different look off the bench.

2. Erick Green, PG Virginia Tech
    Backup PG with good size.

2013 Roster

PG- Ellis, Lamb, Green
    SG- Afflalo, Dunleavy, Lamb
    SF- Harris, Mbah Moute, Dunleavy
    PF- Henson, Mbah Moute, Illyasova
    C-Sanders, Udoh, Brown

The idea is to bury Illyasova on the bench with the hopes that he decides to go back to Europe if he can get similar money over there.

I think that team is much better on both ends of the floor than the current Bucks squad.

First off I really can't shake my head hard enough at you. Not only do the Bucks get absolutely nothing from this trade, and you give Orlando Eric Gordon, a premier gaurd in the NBA, and Brandon Jennings another top 20 NBA player for essentially a defensive 2 guard and a 1st round draft pick...

OUCH..

Alec Brown isn't terrible but I highly doubt he even comes out with the plethora of centers that will be coming out this year.

Then you make the statement that makes me cringe most of all...

Making Monta Ellis a point guard.

You do realize he has one of the highest turnover ratios for 2 guards on the NBA right? And you want to put the ball in his hands more?

Listen Ive heard this argument many times...Make Monta a PG:

Problem is he can't run a team. There is a difference between getting assists and running the team.

Dont you realize Jennings has one of the best assists to t/o ratio in the league, and he's only averaged more assists every year he's been in the league?!

vCash
    We need a a guy like Gordon.

vCash
    And do you really think anyone would walk away from 8 million dollars a year for the nest 4 years?

We need to max out Jennings contract, sign Sanders long term, and get a decent two. I wouldn't even mind Afflalo just not with Monta at the point.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Afflalo. But not to part with Jennings in the process though. I'd send out some kind of package of Monta and fillers for Afflalo. I'd even consider bringing back Ersan friend Turkoglu if they took Gooden. Shed years of Gooden for one more season of Turk at $12M next season. I'd try Ellis,Moute,Gooden for Afflalo and Turkoglu.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast