Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Gta disagree with you on this one, not only do I think our offense would become much better and more efficient, I also think our D would be much better as well.

You don't think having Derozan at the two wouldb be legit?
    Derozan:

PPG 17.6
    RPG 4.2
    APG 2.3
    SPG 1.0
    BPG 0.4
    FG% 0.438
    FT% 0.837
    3P% 0.282
    MPG 36.8

Ellis:
    PPG 18.6
    RPG 3.7
    APG 5.5
    SPG 1.9
    BPG 0.4
    FG% 0.400
    FT% 0.799
    3P% 0.252
    MPG 36.4

They are almost identical offensively so I don't really understand how anyone can say that this team would be bad on offensively with Derozan. And Monta Ellis hasn't been horrible defensively but he has been particularly good either.

Derozan would be an instant upgrade defensively.
    I was actually refering to the comment where the guy said we don't need to get a SG back if we trade Ellis. I believe his suggestion was to trade Ellis for a big, presumably a guy like Al Jefferson or someone, and go with Beno and Dunleavy as the primary shooting guards. That's where I said that team wouldn't be competitive.

As far as the Derozan trade, I don't mind the idea of getting Derozen, but I don't want to take Bargniani back. I've been mixed on Demar for a while. I really wanted him coming out, then he struggled a bit, then it looked like he was going to break out, then he regressed some again last year. I think he's an alright player, I don't know that he really makes this team any better than it is right now. I just don't want to do that trade if if means we end up with Bargs. He's not that great, and he's overpaid. He's basically Ersan minus the hustle on the offense glass and the willingness to take charges, but he's owed a whole bunch of money.

Interesting note if you're a fan of advanced stats though. Derozan has been better than Monta as far as offensive win shares go this season by a decent amount, but Ellis has actually been fair amount better defensively. So one could argue you're actually incorrect in saying the offense stays the same and the defense improves. If anything, this says the offense gets better but the defense gets worse (however I understand basketball advanced stats aren't perfect yet either.)

Edit: So I guess in theory here is a trade I would rather attempt. I hate pretending to be an unbiased trade person because I usaually rip one team off hard, but a deal of Ellis for Derozan and Linas Klieza works financially. I'm not sure how Toronto would feel about it, but I would be a fan of that deal.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 02-04-2013 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    i wish we could have ross instead i no it wont happen but him n jennings would be nice! Ross is a freak athlete n can shoot well..
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Bucks get
    Kendrick Perkins
    Perry Jones
    Jeremy Lamb

Thunder Get
    Dalembert
    Mbah Moute
    2nd Rounder

The Thunder give up some young talent to get rid of the bad contract of Perkins, and also improve their chances in the short term with the additions of Dalembert and Mbah Moute.

The Bucks take on a bad contract in Perkins, but are able to add two young prospects without hurting the teams playoff chances this season

Then sign Mayo and resign Jennings in the offseason

2013-2014 Bucks roster

PG- Jennings, D Lamb, 1st Rounder
    SG- Mayo, J Lamb, D Lamb
    SF- Harris, Jones,
    PF- Henson, Illyasova, Jones
    C- Sanders, Henson, Udoh

vCash
    I actually don't hate the trade at all. Don' think the Thunder are looking to trade agin though. Also if we were to get Lamb in the trade I wouldn't want to sign Mayo because you'd have to sign him for a multiyear deal and I think Lamb could be a decent starter by next year already.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Bucks get
    Kendrick Perkins
    Perry Jones
    Jeremy Lamb

Thunder Get
    Dalembert
    Mbah Moute
    2nd Rounder

The Thunder give up some young talent to get rid of the bad contract of Perkins, and also improve their chances in the short term with the additions of Dalembert and Mbah Moute.

The Bucks take on a bad contract in Perkins, but are able to add two young prospects without hurting the teams playoff chances this season

Then sign Mayo and resign Jennings in the offseason

2013-2014 Bucks roster

PG- Jennings, D Lamb, 1st Rounder
    SG- Mayo, J Lamb, D Lamb
    SF- Harris, Jones,
    PF- Henson, Illyasova, Jones
    C- Sanders, Henson, Udoh
    Kendrick Perkins $8,300,531 $8,977,437 $9,654,342 rather toss that money to Sanders when the time comes.

vCash
    I was a huge Ellis fan while he was with the Warriors. I think he is an excellent player when he plays to his strengths (driving to the basket and not shooting jumpers). This continues each game with him settling for jump shot after jump shot. He is one of the quickest players in the league and can get to the basket anytime he wants to, but he chooses to chuck up jumpers. At this point I would take a pack of cigarettes for Monte. Please trade him for a legitimate 2 guard or a younger 2 guard (Tyreke Evans) that can grow for years with Jennings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UrOlympicHero View Post
    I was a huge Ellis fan while he was with the Warriors. I think he is an excellent player when he plays to his strengths (driving to the basket and not shooting jumpers). This continues each game with him settling for jump shot after jump shot. He is one of the quickest players in the league and can get to the basket anytime he wants to, but he chooses to chuck up jumpers. At this point I would take a pack of cigarettes for Monte. Please trade him for a legitimate 2 guard or a younger 2 guard (Tyreke Evans) that can grow for years with Jennings.
    Evans in same draft class and ready for a payday as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Kendrick Perkins $8,300,531 $8,977,437 $9,654,342 rather toss that money to Sanders when the time comes.
    Right. The whole idea of the trade was that taking on Perkins would suck for two years, but if it netted Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb, it could be worth it.

vCash
    @ESPNSteinLine: Word is Bucks have been shopping Sam Dalembert thanks to emergence of Larry Sanders. Let's see if Sammy's 35 & 12 has impact on interest

ESPNSteinLine: Bucks' appetite to trade Dalembert, however, could likewise be impacted by Larry Sanders' injury last night. Might feel they need him again
    -Twitter

vCash
    I think it's time to blow this thing up. Keep Sanders, Henson, Harris, and Lamb. Listen to offers for anybody else.

vCash
    Alright here we go. I'm not big on trying to to trade but I'll give you my best (while trying to keep it as realistic as possible) trade:

3 WAY TRADE

Milwaukee gets: Al Jefferson, Courtney Lee, Jason Collins

Utah gets: Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh

Boston gets: Sammy D

I think it helps all teams involved in a variety of ways.

Bucks starting lineup after this trade:

Brandon Jennings
    Courtney Lee
    Luc Mbah Moute
    Larry Sanders
    Al Jefferson

Illy
    Dunleavy
    Udrih
    Henson
    Daniels
    Harris
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/6...lionel-hollins

ESPN's Chad Ford believes the Grizzlies will also deal Zach Randolph before the trade deadline
    http://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/st...36262261432321

hed be nice 4 ellis him n allen 4 ellis n ilyasova?
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Latest rumors from hoopshype is Ridnour is on the trade block now. Also there might be a Boozer for Bargnani swap.

http://hoopshype.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Right. The whole idea of the trade was that taking on Perkins would suck for two years, but if it netted Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb, it could be worth it.
    Wouldn't mind Maynor. Besides him and Sanders played at VSU together..

vCash
    With KG having a no trade clause he says no to Denver rumor.

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast