Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    That would make zero sense. Beasley like you said is a chucker and unlike Harris (who just doesn't know how to defend yet) Beasley just chooses to be lazy, not play defense and just chuck.

Beasley would be on the bench before the quarter even started.

Not to mention ROY, but IDK if you have been paying attention offense isn't the problem with Tobias Harris as he is one of if not THE most efficient scorer on the team. Right now he just struggles a bit yet with quicker 3's because he played the 4 spot in Tennessee.

I really think with hard work, Harris will be starting and be a pretty decent defnder by next year, as he has all the physical tools necessary.
    bro i totally agree but im just saying since skiles is so ****ing hard headed and doesnt play tobias and if he does he'll start n get 15 min....so if he's not going to play and dunleavy is going to be out awhile it could make a little sense! id rather see beasley out there over daniels! but i agree tobias is the most efficient scorer we have and when he did play n get the starts he should have been posting up at least 6-8 times per game! I really wish his feet could just get a little quicker to stay in front of every opposing 3 and so he could stay on the floor....but with luc being back and skiles loving daniels so much i think tobs might not see alot of PT the rest of the season....If we could trade DG or Sam for him it might not hurt! When jennings and ellis struggle the bucks have almost no chance of winning except when beno n dunleavy are scoring the ball well and both are out!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    bro i totally agree but im just saying since skiles is so ****ing hard headed and doesnt play tobias and if he does he'll start n get 15 min....so if he's not going to play and dunleavy is going to be out awhile it could make a little sense! id rather see beasley out there over daniels! but i agree tobias is the most efficient scorer we have and when he did play n get the starts he should have been posting up at least 6-8 times per game! I really wish his feet could just get a little quicker to stay in front of every opposing 3 and so he could stay on the floor....but with luc being back and skiles loving daniels so much i think tobs might not see alot of PT the rest of the season....If we could trade DG or Sam for him it might not hurt! When jennings and ellis struggle the bucks have almost no chance of winning except when beno n dunleavy are scoring the ball well and both are out!
    Agreed, but I think that only time and practice can help. Like I said it takes a little bit for bigger forwards to get accustomed to playing D on the wing, and it's not like it's an easy thing to do.

Unfortunatly I think your right about his p/t. The only way he'll get more p/t is if someone ****s up, which just isn't right. The kid is too talented.

Also, watching Mbah Moute so far really makes me think he could be a lot better. I can't believe how much better his shot looks this year compared to last.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Agreed, but I think that only time and practice can help. Like I said it takes a little bit for bigger forwards to get accustomed to playing D on the wing, and it's not like it's an easy thing to do.

Unfortunatly I think your right about his p/t. The only way he'll get more p/t is if someone ****s up, which just isn't right. The kid is too talented.

Also, watching Mbah Moute so far really makes me think he could be a lot better. I can't believe how much better his shot looks this year compared to last.
    true that his shot and his offensive game as a whole! he's still somewhat young too!

vCash

Yea he's really taken a big step offensively. He's more assertive and willing to attack the basket. His jumper still isn't elite, but its come a long way.

And to the guys calling for Beasley, we already have poor perimeter defenders, we don't need another one. Honestly, if we're looking to deal with them, I'd say look at Gortat. He seems to be falling out of favor a bit, and I think he'd be a great help for us. We need more of a physical banger for a center to play along side a guy like Larry who's long and a great shot blocker. Plus, Gortat has a decent post up game, which could help make our offense more consistent. Right now, if we go into a slump, we continue to chuck jumpers. If we had a better low post presence, we could pound it in and try to get some higher percentage shots when we're struggling.

I know guys don't want to "give up" on a guy like Henson, but I wouldn't mind someone ending up as a "casualty." We have so much depth right now, but we don't have a front line starter. I think a lineup of Jennings/Ellis/Moute/Sanders/Gortat is a pretty good starting lineup. And then if we can have at least like a Dunleavy, Udrih, Daniels and Udoh or Henson on the bench, we'd have a pretty competitive team in my mind.

vCash
    Milwaukee Bucks: Drew Gooden

2012-13 Stats: (none)

2012-13 Salary: $6.68 million

With younger power forwards like Ersan Ilyasova and John Henson on the team, the Milwaukee Bucks have to view Drew Gooden as expendable. He is 31 years old and has yet to even play for them this season. He is basically being paid that much to just be a bench and locker-room mentor.

Apparently, the Bucks agree with me. According to Gery Woelfel of The Journal Times, the rumor around the league is that Milwaukee is trying to move Gooden. It would be good for the team, as it could shed salary and possibly get players who would actually play.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-trade/page/18

vCash
    if paul millsap isn't trying to audition for a hollywood role, he sure does look the part.

We've heard all sorts of names connected to the lakers in possible trade talks for pau gasol, including toronto raptors 7-footer andrea bargnani, atlanta hawks forward josh smith, denver nuggets forward danilo gallinari, minnesota timberwolves forward derrick williams and milwaukee bucks forward ersan ilyasova.
    -espn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea he's really taken a big step offensively. He's more assertive and willing to attack the basket. His jumper still isn't elite, but its come a long way.

And to the guys calling for Beasley, we already have poor perimeter defenders, we don't need another one. Honestly, if we're looking to deal with them, I'd say look at Gortat. He seems to be falling out of favor a bit, and I think he'd be a great help for us. We need more of a physical banger for a center to play along side a guy like Larry who's long and a great shot blocker. Plus, Gortat has a decent post up game, which could help make our offense more consistent. Right now, if we go into a slump, we continue to chuck jumpers. If we had a better low post presence, we could pound it in and try to get some higher percentage shots when we're struggling.

I know guys don't want to "give up" on a guy like Henson, but I wouldn't mind someone ending up as a "casualty." We have so much depth right now, but we don't have a front line starter. I think a lineup of Jennings/Ellis/Moute/Sanders/Gortat is a pretty good starting lineup. And then if we can have at least like a Dunleavy, Udrih, Daniels and Udoh or Henson on the bench, we'd have a pretty competitive team in my mind.
    In my opinion anytime we don't have Larry Sanders we are hurting ourselves. He needs to be there. Should be starting there.

We don't need Gortat, he's a fine player we just shouldn't take time away from Sanders, as he should be playing all his minutes at center.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    ^^^And that's where I disagree. I don't think we need Gortat instead of Sanders, we need Gortat with Sanders. I don't think Sanders is great against physical bangers, and we don't have guys that are good against bangers. I remember watching the Bucks Bulls game and I saw Sanders, Udoh, Henson and Ersan (all of our long lanky big guys) just get pushed under to hoop by Boozer and Noah. We need someone physical, to go against the other guys physical player.

And that also allows Gortat to play on ball, and Sanders to play off the ball on the big guys so he can float a little more and come weakside to block shots on guys. I don't think Sanders, Udoh, and Henson should really play together. We give up too much against any big guy who's physical.

vCash
    Most NBA players who signed contracts during the past offseason become eligible on Saturday to be traded. What that means: With a much larger pool of players available for deals, NBA general managers will start spending a lot more time on the phone in the coming weeks.

"It's about to heat up on Dec. 15," one Eastern Conference general manager said. "Conversations are definitely happening because once Dec. 15 comes, the pool increases. You've heard a lot of rumors about Pau Gasol, Andrea Bargnani. The names are only going to grow on Dec. 15."

From conversations with several NBA executives, here's a list of players whose names figure to frequently surface in trade talks between now and the league's Feb. 21 deadline for deals.

Andrea Bargnani: Toronto Raptors, 27, PF-C

Contract status: Three years, $33.25 million remaining. Player opt-out in 2014. Due 5 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Bargnani is sidelined with elbow and wrist injuries, tempering his short-term value. He hasn't lived up to the hype and injuries have been a concern throughout his career. Still, the young 7-footer can score and remains a sharp 3-point threat.

"Toronto definitely wants to move Bargnani," one NBA GM said.

Marshon Brooks: Brooklyn Nets, 23, SG

Contract status: Making $1.1 million in second year of rookie contract.

Buzz: Brooks had a sensational rookie season averaging 12.6 points. But with the addition of Joe Johnson, Brooks has averaged just 6.2 points through his first 14 games this season. Sources said the Nets dangled Brooks in offseason trade talks, but his low contract number makes it difficult to get much of a return for him in a deal.

"They are one of the rare teams that can afford to keep their team at a championship level financially," an NBA GM said. "For them, the development of young players isn't important because they can overspend."

Andrew Bynum: Philadelphia 76ers, 25, C

Contract status: Making $16.1 million in last year of contract.

Buzz: Bynum is still experiencing left knee pain that has kept him from making his debut with the Sixers, but is hopeful he can return sometime in 2013. He becomes a free agent at the end of the season and was expected to command a five-year contract approaching $100 million. His health problems threaten to substantially reduce that number.

One NBA general manager said the Sixers have been making trade inquiries about adding a starting caliber center.

"They got to be a little panicked now," one GM said. "They could get a really interesting deal for him. I could see them doing that."

Jose Calderon: Toronto Raptors, 27, PG

Contract status: Making $10.5 million in last year of contract. Due a 10 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Calderon has been mentioned as a possible trade candidate for years and has been linked with the Los Angeles Lakers in the past. Raptors starting point guard Kyle Lowry is expected to be sidelined another week with a partial tear to his right triceps muscle, but that shouldn't keep Calderon from being shopped.

"I believe 100 percent that they're trying to trade him," one GM said.

Tyreke Evans: Sacramento Kings, G-F, 23

Contact status: Making $5.2 million in final year of contract year. Will be a restricted free agent at end of the season.

Buzz: Evans recently had a positive conversation about his future with Kings general manager Geoff Petrie, a source close to the guard said. Evans thinks the franchise could match any offer sheet he potentially signs next offseason and would prefer to return to the Kings to prove he is a franchise player. But can the Kings afford him?

"If they can't pay him, they'll just move him," one GM said.

Pau Gasol (Getty Images)Pau Gasol: Los Angeles Lakers, 32, PF

Contract status: Making $19 million this season and due $19.2 million next season. Due a 15 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Gasol was nearly dealt to the Houston Rockets last year and continued to be the center of trade whispers. The Lakers, however, aren't expected to seriously consider any deals for him until after he returns and gets a chance to play with Steve Nash, who is also currently sidelined. If a move does happen with Gasol, it will likely be much closer to the trade deadline.

"I believe that the message being conveyed to wait and see with Nash is accurate," one GM said.

Tyler Hansbrough: Indiana Pacers, 27, PF

Contract status: Making $3.1 million in final contract year. Will be restricted free agent at end of the season. Buzz: Hansbrough is averaging career-lows of six points, 4.2 rebounds and 16.1 minutes, but could be a good frontcourt addition for needy teams. By moving Hansbrough, the Pacers could potentially add a wing player to help soothe the loss of injured small forward Danny Granger.

"I'm surprised they haven't been playing him," one GM said of Hansbrough.

Gerald Henderson: Charlotte Bobcats, G-F, 25

Contract status: Making $3.1 million in final contract year. Will be a restricted free agent at end of the season.

Buzz: Henderson averaged 15.1 points last season and seemed to be coming into his own. A foot injury early this season, however, forced him to miss 13 games. The Bobcats have since primarily started rookie Jeff Taylor instead and a league source said the team is open to trading Henderson.

"If they don't look like they can afford him, they are probably going to move him," one NBA GM said. "They were playing their best basketball when he was hurt."

Kevin Love: Minnesota Timberwolves, 24, PF

Contract status: In first year of a four-year, $60 million contract. Can opt out after the 2014-15 season.

Buzz: In an interview with Yahoo! Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski, Love recently questioned the direction of the franchise under owner Glen Taylor and general manager David Kahn. Love isn't happy about not getting a five-year maximum contract, and some teams might try to explore acquiring him from Minnesota.

"I don't think that's a match that is permanent in Minnesota," a rival assistant GM said. "I'm not saying they're shopping, but if they can get the right deal they would look at it. And I don't think he wants to be there."

Paul Millsap: Utah Jazz, 27, PF

Contract status: Making $8.6 million in final contract year.

Buzz: The Utah Jazz are in the playoff hunt and have two starting big men in the last years of their deals in Millsap and Al Jefferson. Utah also has two talented young big men in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. Any big move by new general manager Dennis Lindsey, however, could disrupt Utah's playoff hopes.

"I would think they would more likely trade Millsap over Jefferson because he is going to be harder to keep," one GM said. "He's made less money than Jefferson and he will go to the highest bidder."

Timofey Mozgov: Denver Nuggets, 26, C

Contract status: Making $3.1 million in last year of contract. Will be a restricted free agent at end of the season.

Buzz: Of their three centers, the Nuggets are most willing to part with Mozgov, who has proven in his short NBA career and Olympic play that he is a serviceable big man. The Nuggets probably won't try to re-sign him with two other free agents on the horizon: guard Andre Iguodala and reserve swingman Corey Brewer.

"It's logical because they have three centers and it's hard for [coach George] Karl to play them all," one NBA GM said. "The Nuggets are not a big revenue-generating team and they're not going to pay the tax."

Anderson Varejao: Cleveland Cavaliers, 30, PF-C

Contract status: Has $27.1 million remaining over final three years of contract. Due 5 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Varejao is having an All-Star season, averaging 14.3 points and 14.8 rebounds through 22 games. Cleveland, however, has one of the NBA's worst records so teams will at least ask about the availability of Varejao, whose stock is rising by the day.

"He is a target for trade, but I don't think Cleveland wants to trade him," one GM said. "There is a distinction between players teams might want to move and players teams want to have."

Derrick Williams: Minnesota Timberwolves, 21, F

Contract status: Making $4.8 million in second year of rookie deal.

Buzz: Williams has had a disappointing career in Minnesota after being selected second overall in the 2011 draft. The highest draft choice in franchise history has been earning DNP-CDs or short-minute stints under coach Rick Adelman. Both sides would be happy with a move.

"They will move him in a heartbeat if they could," one rival team executive said. "I don't think the coaches are that high on him. You have to get something for him now because the longer he sits, the more people think he can't play."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...000418190.html

vCash
    i wouldnt mind getting gerald henderson marshon brooks or tyreke evans for gaurds, also wouldnt mind milsap dwill v2 and AV....

to crewfan....i was just saying we arent likely to aquire a big imo w all the young guys and dalembert n gooden n pryz on the bench so i was just saying we go through alot of shooting strugles w.o beno n mike d so i was just wondering what others thought! Im not pushing for him in anyway!

However i would push that if the Kings are looking to dump salary to sell the team we should try to send Sam D for tyreke!

vCash
    Jason Richardson would fit well with Bucks as a older vet coming in. Need another shooter with Beno and Dunleavy and Harris out. 76ers could take Gooden even up for JR. Same contracts pretty much same length. Or if they want Dalembert then they have to sweeten the deal with a pick or get a third team in the deal to sweeten it.

vCash
    Other names that dribbled out this week as likely candidates to be dealt this trade season include Milwaukee's expiring-contract backcourt duo of Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings, based on the premise that the Bucks, if they start drifting out of playoff contention, won't want to risk losing their smallish scorers for nothing in free agency.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-targets

Well the east is weak and we will be in the playoffs. So no back court trades. Most likely Ellis opts in. Then we over pay RFA Jennings when that time comes.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 12-16-2012 at 05:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-targets

Well the east is weak and we will be in the playoffs. So no back court trades. Most likely Ellis opts in. Then we over pay RFA Jennings when that time comes.
    Yea, I don't see us trading either one of those two. I don't think we are true contenders, but there's no way we aren't still in contention at the deadline unless we get a rash of serious injuries.

vCash
    i really think we'll keep the 2 gaurds this season and maybe try to make a trade to get them some help to contend.... trade a qaunity or quality.... and then ellis opts in and we match on jennings and over-pay and give one more year of ellis n jennings back court n hope that we get someone in the draft threw trade or one of the young players break out like sanders has this year next year and we can become a better team!

vCash
    Hammond finally replied back to me. I emailed him a few weeks ago. First time I emailed him since I moved and got new laptop. He shot down the Gooden for Richardson. He said Philly stacked at 4/5 and Richardson was a key piece in the Iggy deal.

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast