Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salsa View Post
    ^^So let me get this straight......

Ellis, Udoh, a 1st Round Pick, and a 2nd Round Pick for Gortat and Afflalo?

Thanks for saying nothing. Gortat and Afflalo have value, both on the floor, and when you look at their contracts.

Do you really think that Ellis and Udoh have serious trade value? I really don't think that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    We don't even need Gortat with Sanders doing well this year at a cheap salary. Besides fat Sammy finally coming around.
    It's not like Sanders would be replaced by Gortat. If he continues to be effective, he will continue to get minutes.

My thinking is that next season the frontline would basically be a 3 man rotation of Gortat, Sanders, and Henson all playing around 30 minutes a game.

vCash
    Also would have Ersan, Moute and Gooden yet to.

vCash
    Also would have Ersan, Moute and Gooden yet to.
    None of those guys are a reason not to trade for Gortat. Gooden and Illyasova are both terrible, and Mbah Moute is a 3/4.

vCash
    Its still payroll were stuck with.

vCash
    Ersan, Moute and Gooden alone is $18M this season. Two of which never played a game yet this season. Other not living up to last years contract year.

vCash
    Ersan, Moute and Gooden alone is $18M this season. Two of which never played a game yet this season. Other not living up to last years contract year.
    I still don't see what that has to do with making a trade that has even salary going out and coming in.

vCash
    Well if we get a shorter contract coming back. It would help our payroll down the line for extensions.

vCash
    Afflalo and Gortat are both very reasonable contracts. Good players who aren't overpaid help going forward as well.

If push comes to shove, Gooden can be amnestied.

vCash
    If Ersan settles down, perhaps he needs a magnesium supplement, and Moute comes back well from injury, then the only extra big man they have is Gooden.

In the off season they could consider a short offer to Dalembert, but I wouldn't have any stress if Henson puts on 10 pounds in the off season.
    The main question will be SG, and perhaps a backup PG.
    Then they would be down to FAs and a second round pick, usually a G.
    Last edited by MadtownBuck; 11-25-2012 at 05:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Afflalo and Gortat are both very reasonable contracts. Good players who aren't overpaid help going forward as well.

If push comes to shove, Gooden can be amnestied.
    You know the more I look at this, it's not a spectacular headlining trade by any means, but I think overall it would improve this team, and thats all that matters.

I really like Afflalo and I think he would be a nice fit for Jennings as well. The only thing I worry about with this trade is: who is going to be the go to scorer in the time of need??

As we've all dicussed Jennings just isn't there yet, Ersan is to inconsistent, Gortat...meh no thanks...you get what I'm saying...
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Been checking Lakers thread a bit with them discussing Gasol trade idea's. I said off limits are........

Jennings
    Ellis
    Harris
    Henson
    Sanders
    Lamb
    Udoh
    Moute
    Dunleavy

Left overs for a trade would be........

Dalembert
    Udrih
    Ersan
    Gooden
    Daniels
    Przybilla

Left overs isn't to exciting but Dalembert, Beno, Daniels, Przybilla are expiring deals. Besides Gasol isn't what he use to be and Lakers got him for only a second round pick back in the day. But if they want expiring's they should be forced to take on Ersan and Gooden.

Also they would have to wait till deadline for Dalembert and Ersan.

vCash
    Also Gasol makes $19M with a trade kicker which then goes up to like $22M. Also if Beno is in the deal. We would need a third teams to give us a back up pg. Since Lakers only back up pg's are Blake which we already had and Duhon is a scrub and not sure Skiles likes him from the old Bulls day's.

vCash
    Ever since Redd I'd be cautious about giving someone 20 million. If Gasol's tendonitis in his knees gets a bit better, which him being over 30 it's doubtful, it would be nice to have him on the team. I just don't think he'd want to play here.

vCash
    Why is Ellis untouchable?

vCash
    Yah by no means is Ellis an untouchable??
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast