Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think Ellis, Udoh, and a first rounder is very much.

First off, I don't think Ellis has a ton of value around the league. Udoh definitely doesn't either. And with the way the Bucks are playing, and would presumably get even better with Gordon in the mix, the first rounder would probably be in the twenties. Also not very valuable.

MILLER, there really is no way that Gooden and Ersan are going to be in a deal that brings back value for the Bucks. That's 15 million in BAD LONG TERM money. If Ellis went to the Hornets, he would more than likely opt out at the end of the season. So for the Hornets, it means cap space.

I hated both the Gooden and Illyasova deals from day one, and it is likely that so did most of the league. I really don't see anyone taking those guys on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    I am wary of making a run a Eric Gordon because of his attitude, but on the other hand, players like Gordon don't come to Milwaukee as free agents. It may be a necessary gamble in order to get a legit #1 scoring option.

Gordon's a great player, and he is set to become a free agent again when he is 27 or 28. The question is, is he mature enough to see the chance to get another huge contract year down the road and work for it? Or does he seem himself as set from life with his current contract, and is he going to coast?
    I don't really think it's an attitude thing. He flat out told New Orleans not to sign that deal, he made it aware he had no interest in playing there. I thought it was kind of stupid on New Orleans part.

Now would he have any interest at all in playing in Milwaukee? I doubt it, but then again he is from indiana, which isn't a great distance from Milwaukee.

Again I have no idea, I just think it would be worth looking into. BTW I posted this exact trade in the Hornets forum like a week or so ago. They even liked the trade.

Also, with out 19 power forwards on the team it makes Udoh expendable. I like him, but I just don't see him getting minutes once Henson gets more confortable.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I read Lakers wanted Josh Smith for Gasol. Hawks don't want long deals. Also seems they want to chase after Howard to pair up with Josh. Since Josh is a close friend to Howard. Curious if Hawks would be interested in expiring's and a pick for Horford? Have him play pf for us and Sanders starting center. Wishful thinking. lol

vCash
    Horford is worth more than any buck. Id love to have him on the team.

vCash
    The Suns' predicament
    Before the season started, ESPN's own John Hollinger pegged Phoenix to finish No. 15 in the Western Conference in 2012-13. That's dead last to you and me.

So it doesn't take a team of experts to tell you that this Suns' team simply don't have the look of a contender. Thus, we have to believe the Suns' brass might have to decide whether dealing Gortat, whose value is at an all-time high, could be the only way this team improves.

It's not that simple, though. Gortat is one of the team's best players, he plays a premium position, and he's one of the league's best bargains -- owed $7,258,960 this season and $7,727,280 in 2013-14.

The Suns certainly don't have to trade him, but if they keep him they'll have to do so with the idea that they'll be able to re-sign him to a long-term deal, however expensive it might be. Keep in mind what Roy Hibbert (four-years, $58 million) and JaVale McGee (four-years, $44 million) signed for as restricted free agents this past offseason.

That said, here are five possible trade partners with Phoenix for Gortat:

Milwaukee Bucks | Gortat and Kendall Marshall for Tobias Harris, John Henson and Drew Gooden

Center is the one glaring weakness for Scott Skiles' team, which is why Gortat would make a lot of sense in Milwaukee. He'd provide an immediate upgrade over Samuel Dalembert, Larry Sanders and Joel Przybilla and relieve some pressure off of Ersan Ilyasova in the frontcourt as well.

Phoenix already has Luis Scola and Michael Beasley signed for the next three seasons, so there isn't a huge need for more forwards on the roster, but the opportunity to added a pair of talented young players like Tobias Harris and John Henson would be too much to pass up, even if it means taking on Drew Gooden's salary through 2014-15.
    -ESPN

I say pass on that deal.

vCash

vCash
    I don't see the bucks trading Henson or Harris this year. Gortat is always fun to watch against the bucks but he's not worth all of that for us to get him in Milwaukee.

vCash
    I don't know, I might atually do that trade. I don't love Kendall Marshall, but I do love Gortat. He's one of the few true centers in the league, and he's a good player. He runs the pick and roll well, which is nice for Jennings.

I didn't like the Henson pick. He played well in the preseason and grew on me, but I don't think he'll be better than Gortat. And I'm fine with a big guy rotation of Gortat, Larry, Udoh and Ersan. True centers who can actually score a little and pound inside are rare, so if we can get one, I like it.

Ideally we could get a SF instead of Marshall, since losing Harris would put a lot of pressure on Dunleavy to be our primary SF with not much of a backup. So I would try to re-work that portion of the deal, but in theory, I don't mind the trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    -ESPN

I say pass on that deal.
    I would strongly consider that deal. Getting rid of Gooden is a big plus. Harris and Henson are nice players, but neither will really be in the regular rotation once Mbah Moute gets back.

PG- Jennings, Udrih
    SG- Ellis, Dunleavy
    SF- Mbah Moute, Dunleavy
    PF- Sanders, Illyasova, Udoh
    C- Gortat, Dalembert, Sanders

I wonder if the Suns would do just Dalembert+2 firsts for Gortat. Get the expiring money plus a couple picks?

vCash
    I would be willing to trade Ersan for Gortat.

vCash
    I wouldn't give up Henson. Dudee gna be a stud and take Ersan's place in a year or to. Mark my words.

I really like that deal though, I don't even really wanna trade Tobias, just wish he'd play more.

However at least in Marshall we'd have a backup plan if Jennings does bolt.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Marshall I wanted during draft time. But hasn't shown much yet. Henson looks like the better draft pick so far. Ersan should be benched. Think Moute should be back soon.

vCash
    Trade Idea

Milwaukee Bucks Get

Marcin Gortat
    Aaron Afflalo

Phoenix Suns Get

JJ Reddick
    Bucks 2013 1st rounder
    Bucks 2014 2nd Rounder

Orlando Magic Get

Eric Gordon

New Orleans Hornets Get

Monta Ellis
    Ekpe Udoh
    Magic 2013 first rounder

Milwaukee gets two very solid starting caliber players who contribute on both sides of the floor. The Hornets do the trade because they pick up a pick that could end up being pretty high, and get out of the Gordon contract that is scaring them. Phoenix takes the expiring contract and picks for Gortat, and Orlando gets a #1 scoring option who has a relatively reasonable price.

Bucks Roster

PG- Jennings, Udrih, Lamb
    SG- Afflalo, Dunleavy, Lamb
    SF- Harris, Mbah Moute, Dunleavy
    PF- Sanders, Henson, Illyasova, Mbah Moute
    C- Gortat, Dalembert, Przybilla, Gooden

vCash
    ^^So let me get this straight......

Ellis, Udoh, a 1st Round Pick, and a 2nd Round Pick for Gortat and Afflalo?

[Center]FEAR THE DEAR

vCash
    We don't even need Gortat with Sanders doing well this year at a cheap salary. Besides fat Sammy finally coming around.

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast