Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think we are still a playoff team. Offensively we will be on par if not better then last year. Q can step in for Stuart (he played top minutes in LA and COL he can here). Smith showed last season he belonged and will have a good rookie year. Yes we lost Lidstrom and no one can replace him, but we have an all star goalie just starting his prime years, one of the best centers in the game in Pasha and a great forward in Z. A young player in Flipper who just hit his stride and has become the player we all have expected (he just needs to keep it up). A great young winger in Nyquist and an interesting prospect in Brunner. We have great depth in the forwards and im rock solid positive that Kenny has something going on for defense (waiting for CBA I believe is what he is aiming for to either trade or sign depth at D). Here is a breakdown of the pts we lost:

Hudler 25-25-50.
    Replaced by Sami 14-17-31
    Tootoo 6-24-30
    Brunner (SEL) 24-36-60 (45 games averaged 1.5pts per game in 3 seasons I believe) top 6 play I think he could do .5ppg at the least. So thats 61 pts +Nyquist +Brunner to replace Hudler and Homer (24 pts so 74 total). Also we will have Eaves back a solid third liner which puts Emmerton off the team which makes us deeper.

Lidstrom and Stuart (34 and 21pts) replaced by Quincey and Smith (26 pts last year and Rookie). Ive said all along if Smith can provide at least 35 pts its a success year and we will be fine/ok.

Im not saying that points is all that mattered. But my mindset for this off season is that the wings are playing moneyball. If we were what 7th last year in offense and are replacing all these players with more points, technically we should be a success. Our defense was middle of the pack and should be the same. Our goaltending was great, and with Monster able to give Howard some quality starts he should get more rest hopefully making him rested and better.

Im not at all sold that we are not a playoff team. We lost 2 players and probably the greatest D of the modern game. The first 2 have been replaced, but losing Lidstrom can be compensated by the rest of the team stepping up. It wont be pretty, and we probably will be 4-8 but we will make the playoffs.

vCash
    I'm just thinking one thing.

Datsyuk, please do not get injured.

vCash
    Yeah Pasha is gonna need to be in God Mode all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post
    Yeah Pasha is gonna need to be in God Mode all year.
    This.

vCash
    Hahaha yes please Pasha be healthy.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Dude stop posting links as the main subject of your posts. There's nothing wrong with reading articles and forming opinions from them but when all your post contains is a link it's kinda annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    Dude stop posting links as the main subject of your posts. There's nothing wrong with reading articles and forming opinions from them but when all your post contains is a link it's kinda annoying.
    Everything I say and/or post seems to annoy someone in here, so I hate it for you. As I told your buddy on another thread, I will post what I choose to post.
    I think the article I posted follows the subject matter of this thread. Since the article was all of a paragraph long, I didn't feel I needed to summarize it, or interject my opinion. To me, it seems self-explanatory. Furthermore, I think the article I posted was a lot more constructive and informative than your comment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Everything I say and/or post seems to annoy someone in here, so I hate it for you. As I told your buddy on another thread, I will post what I choose to post.
    I think the article I posted follows the subject matter of this thread. Since the article was all of a paragraph long, I didn't feel I needed to summarize it, or interject my opinion. To me, it seems self-explanatory. Furthermore, I think the article I posted was a lot more constructive and informative than your comment.
    I'm not trying to hate on you, but really, multiple people have said this before. It's like this forum is following somebody on twitter who tweets articles. I wasn't really speaking of this one in general when I said stop having your post only contain a link.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    With Holland at the helm we won't be fixed this year. He will pick up a middling Defender before this season starts but that's not gonna get it done. I think everyone should be prepared to not make the playoffs.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    With Holland at the helm we won't be fixed this year. He will pick up a middling Defender before this season starts but that's not gonna get it done. I think everyone should be prepared to not make the playoffs.
    Why the hate on Holland? He's done everything he could so far. Not every player is going to come to Detroit.

vCash
    ^He should have traded for a top Defender, No excuse. If he wants to deal its there waiting for him, he may not get a deal from a Western conference team but the East will deal. I know the off season isn't over and he may surprise me yet and if that happens i'll take my crow and eat but i won't be holding my breath. I've always said it and always will, the guy has no guts and takes no chances and that style won't get it done in the CAP world.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    ^He should have traded for a top Defender, No excuse. If he wants to deal its there waiting for him, he may not get a deal from a Western conference team but the East will deal. I know the off season isn't over and he may surprise me yet and if that happens i'll take my crow and eat but i won't be holding my breath. I've always said it and always will, the guy has no guts and takes no chances and that style won't get it done in the CAP world.
    Who was he supposed to trade for? Nobody was really available in the East. In the West we've heard Yandle and Jaybo rumored to be available. Yandle would take a ton to get and even if we did get him he really wouldn't be the answer imo. He's an offensive dman. We have that. We're still waiting to see what happens with Jaybo, I would love to have him. I don't understand how you can say he has no guts. Sure he didn't sign Weber to an offer sheet but 28 other GMs didn't either. And that style won't get it done in the Cap world? He's brought us a Cup and we've come close to a Cup many other times while making the playoffs every single year. I don't know what else you can ask for. He's made an effort to acquire almost every single big name this offseason.

vCash
    Trading for a top defenseman is pretty easy. Takes five minutes. He should have grabbed Shea Weber at the deadline. Who cares if the Predators were contending.

vCash
    Guys, none of this is important, what's important is that my PS3 just crapped out... S--t s--t s--t s--t!!!!

I agree with Branny, shoulda made a bigger play to get Weber.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast