Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Guys, none of this is important, what's important is that my PS3 just crapped out... S--t s--t s--t s--t!!!!

I agree with Branny, shoulda made a bigger play to get Weber.
    I wasn't serious, haha. Ken Holland, the Detroit Red Wings were a top three team to get him in 'trade talks'. Keep in mind that Rick Nash, and Shea Weber are/were in the Central division. That's tough. Shea Weber clearly wasn't available in the regular season. In the off-season, we were there, but obviously not enough to make a CRAZY OFFER to a RFA. How many times do RFA's sign a offer sheet? I can count with my fingers since 2000.

How many times has Ken Holland let you down? How many bad signings has he made (Hatcher - I hated him here)? Not much. He's taken us to two Stanley Cup Finals in the cap era. Keep in mind it's only been what, 7 years. Holland is a smart man. He's an elite GM in sports. I trust him. I think we end up with J-Bo, or a suitable top four defenseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Guys, none of this is important, what's important is that my PS3 just crapped out... S--t s--t s--t s--t!!!!

I agree with Branny, shoulda made a bigger play to get Weber.
    PS3 sucks dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    PS3 sucks dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3 users
    360 sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by 360 users
    ps3 sucks
    I don't know who to believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I don't know who to believe
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    My PS3 crapped out tonight too. The one day I get on, start playing zombies, am in my beast mode, it shuts off.

#blameholland

vCash
    I'm glad Holland hasn't gotten his hands on xbox live then...

vCash
    lol I got my ps3 in '09 and it's been great so far

I blame Holland anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    lol I got my ps3 in '09 and it's been great so far

I blame Holland anyway
    It was the servers that crashed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    It was the servers that crashed.
    Holland was probably playing it, that's why. He ***** up everything he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    ^He should have traded for a top Defender, No excuse. If he wants to deal its there waiting for him, he may not get a deal from a Western conference team but the East will deal. I know the off season isn't over and he may surprise me yet and if that happens i'll take my crow and eat but i won't be holding my breath. I've always said it and always will, the guy has no guts and takes no chances and that style won't get it done in the CAP world.
    I understand your frustration with Holland, I had some of the same feelings last season. If I remember correctly, he told Lidstrom when he re-signed that he would spend to the cap to put a SC team on the ice, so I kept waiting for that "big deal" and as you know, it never happened. I think when Holland made the statement this year that the Wings were going to make a "big splash" in the FA market, but they didn't, has really frustrated a lot of fans. At least, IMO, this year the Wings tried a lot harder than last season; however, if I remember correctly, they did get beat out on Erhoff and Burns last year. You have made some valid points in your previous posts, but who knows if Holland had went out right off and tried to blow Suter out of the water with an offer, if it would have worked, or if he could have put together a better, stronger offer sheet for Weber than Philly's. Remember, both Suter and Parise supposedly left money on the table to go to the Wild and Philly made a great offer that didn't work. A lot of people think Suter and Parise got overpaid.
    I have to agree with a post Pidg88 made, that Holland may be waiting for the CBA before trading for a defenseman. I've read articles that state basically the same thing. I would like to see the Wings sign the best FA available now, someone like Kubina, trade Mursak and Emmerton for a NHL ready defensive prospect, or picks that can be used to get one, and for Holland to issue a statement that he thinks the Wings are good for now, but may do a little tweaking to improve their roster. I think doing this would put the Wings in more of a power of strength position for negotiations. I feel some of the teams like Phoenix and Calgary think the Wings are currently desperate for a defenseman. Personally, I don't think the Wings should overpay for Bouwmeester, or Yandle. If the Wings actually decide they need a top line defensiveman, I agree with you, there will come a time when Holland will really have to step up his GMing. Keep in mind that Holland and the Wings have been linked to almost every trade rumor, so Holland apparently is trying. Unfortunately, we, as fans, don't get to see what is going on behind closed doors.
    P.S. Isn't it annoying that posters can't stay on topic? LMFAO

vCash
    Branny, you gotta throw me a bone when you're joking, I thought you were serious!! I was hoping that we woulda been in the mix for Weber though. It's really for the best that he opted for NASH, seeing that they got screwed with Suter. Keeps them competitive.

On the gaming note, I've always been a playstation supporter, always will. My PS3 is a 1st gen. Had it for like, 7 years now. But it has succumb to the "red light of death". I researched it, and appartently it's fixable. I would rather just pick up a new one though, but my wife has a different opinion about that.:cry: I hate the xbox contoller too. Plus I like the bluray option.

Wingman, I'm making on topic comments along with my off topic, so it's a wash BTW.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 08-09-2012 at 09:12 AM.

vCash
    Yea, I'm definitely frustrated and i'm just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hate the fact we are going into the season as a clearly inferior team than last years group that couldn't get out of the first round.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Yea, I'm definitely frustrated and i'm just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hate the fact we are going into the season as a clearly inferior team than last years group that couldn't get out of the first round.
    I think a lot of us are and agree that tunnel is pretty dark, but hopefully we will at least plug the defensive hole before the start of the season.

vCash
    It's dark now but it'll be brighter down the road with all the young talent the Wings have. The other scenario is trade every for Nash/Yandle and maybe be good enough to win now but have nothing to build upon down the road.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Well we might still acquire Bouwmeester. Our offense should be fine. We just ran into Rinne in the playoffs who was just stopping everything. Our defense wasn't playing very well either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast