Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    The bottom line is that the Mets OFers are not good enough for this kid to not get more playing time as a starter.

Right now, Bay is actually hitting better than the rest. But Valdespin has to be starting more often. You have to see what this kid can do.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

But how can you play Andres ****ing Torres over Jordany Valdespin in CF?

Duda and Hairston can platoon in RF.

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    The bottom line is that the Mets OFers are not good enough for this kid to not get more playing time as a starter.

Right now, Bay is actually hitting better than the rest. But Valdespin has to be starting more often. You have to see what this kid can do.
    Maybe the other OF'ers are not playing well enough now, but Duda, Bay, Kirk and Torres were not where they are now when Valdespin was first here and not ready. This is how the process has gone for a 100 years, young kid comes up, learns the MLB game bit by bit, makes the most of his time when he gets it and finally forces his way into the line-up. He is being handled like they want him to succeed, like they are giving him swim lessons, and not like they are just going to throw him into the deep to see if he sinks or swims.

and I have been wondering about how long Torres's back was bothering him given he came back from his back injury a different player.

.345 .406 .414 .820

sure it could be nothing, but he looks different as well.
    Last edited by NoQuarter; 07-22-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

I think no one will take issue with that here on out. I speculate Valdespin will play 5 of 7 games a week at minimum.

vCash
    Funny thing is V-spin will shine for a while and then the hole in his game will be discovered and BOOM, be the same as Captain Kirk.. But hey I've been wrong before. Let the V-Spin prove me wrong!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Valdespin shines in the role he is in now. He's an exceptional pinch hitter off of the bench and can provide a bomb with one swing of the bat.

Previously I feel that he would be exposed as a starter (and while that may still be the case) he has proven time and time again that he is hungry to play.

Jason Bay is atrocious. The Mets really need to just cut ties and move on.

Valdespin adds a spark no other player on this team is capable of giving night in and night out.

Get him his share of ABs and let Bay go. It's time.

vCash
    Well, he started Sun & Mon, benched Tues but pinch hit HR, started yesterday also. Is he getting the playing time we hoped for?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345