Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Why would he stop hitting? He has a better chance to hit than Torres that's for sure. Jordany has extremely good bat speed whereas Kirk doesn't have the quickest bat.
    He should get majority of the playing time of any of our OFers, but Torres should be retained.

And to answer your question why he'd stop hitting, all rookies hit rough patches, pitchers adjusting, them making adjustments back. And while we've seen Jordany make those adjustments, even mid at-bat, he hasn't gotten that much exposure in the league. The guys making scouting reports will do their homework.

All that being said, Valdespin needs to ****ing play more.

vCash
    Why would he stop hitting? He has a better chance to hit than Torres that's for sure. Jordany has extremely good bat speed whereas Kirk doesn't have the quickest bat. Torres is old and garbage, so who's to say he'll keep hitting?

At some point he's not going to hit so well from the right side too.
    Why would he stop hitting? Because he's a ****ing rookie, and unless he's a superstar, rookies tend to struggle. WTF do you mean "why would he stop hitting?"

vCash
    Trust me, everyone knows about Valdespin after all the big HRs he's hit. I don't care if he or Kirk struggles a bit, I'd rather see them than old ****ing bums like Torres and Bay plain and simple.

vCash
    Trust me, everyone knows about Valdespin after all the big HRs he's hit.
    They're also well aware of the fact that he's a free swinger.

Take Kirk for example. He didn't K nearly as much as he does now in the beginning of the season. Scouting reports figured him out now Kirk K's twice a day.

vCash
    Trust me, everyone knows about Valdespin after all the big HRs he's hit. I don't care if he or Kirk struggles a bit, I'd rather see them than old ****ing bums like Torres and Bay plain and simple.
    Ill agree with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    They're also well aware of the fact that he's a free swinger.

Take Kirk for example. He didn't K nearly as much as he does now in the beginning of the season. Scouting reports figured him out now Kirk K's twice a day.
    Kirk actually struck out a ton early in the season as well, but he was getting hits when he made contact. Valdespin doesn't strike out nearly as much because he has better bat speed and doesn't draw many deep counts for the most part.

vCash
    I'm not denying that JV should get some playing time. I'm saying dumping Torres for him is stupid, just as it would have been stupid to dump in when Kirk looked so good early on.

Put it this way: If Jordanny were right-handed, this wouldn't even be a question.

vCash
    My problem is that Valdespin hasn't shown that he is incapable of hitting LHP like Kirk or Duda has, so I feel he should play against them as well. I mean why not?

vCash
    Kirk actually struck out a ton early in the season as well, but he was getting hits when he made contact. Valdespin doesn't strike out nearly as much because he has better bat speed and doesn't draw many deep counts for the most part.
    Just checked the numbers and you're right. He's been K-ing at the same pace all season. I don't know why but tell me it doesn't feel like he K's so much more now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    Just checked the numbers and you're right. He's been K-ing at the same pace all season. I don't know why but tell me it doesn't feel like he K's so much more now?
    Because those hits aren't falling in now so the strikeouts hurt more lol.

vCash
    My problem is that Valdespin hasn't shown that he is incapable of hitting LHP like Kirk or Duda has, so I feel he should play against them as well. I mean why not?
    There lies the million dollar question!!!!!!

vCash
    Start him over Bay. As I messaged Stuna, I didn't know what to think of this kid before today. He proved me that he diserves a starting role in this lineup. I don't want him to take over Murphs role because Murphs been hitting the ball as of late, start Valde over Bay now!!!

vCash
    Well, for one, I don't think they're convinced Duda can't hit lefties. I mean, the numbers are fairly similar between Lucas and Valdy this year in terms of hitting lefties, and Lucas even hit them better last year.

In the end, I think it's a numbers problem. Sitting Duda for him is tantamount to giving up on Duda; Sitting Torres means handing over CF to an untested rookie and losing a RHB in a lineup that's already too left-handed; And sitting Bay ain't gonna happen, at least not permanently. His only chance to be an everyday player in 2012 in my opinion is 2B, and Murphy's slump is over, so that's probably not happening either.

vCash

Jordany Valdespin the future?

I think this guy is the real deal... he has some surprising pop from the left side of the plate and has showed pretty good plate discipline in clutch situations (twice against papelbon in the ninth with two outs and trailing). He could be the future at 2B if murph isnt a long term solution or he could play ANYWHERE in the outfield. I think the core of the Mets future offense rite now is Wright Valdespin Duda and Tejada.

vCash
    I agree, but Duda is not the future, I'd much prefer Ike.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast