Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    they are playing like **** right now.. what is Johan doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I agree, but Duda is not the future, I'd much prefer Ike.
    I was thinking Duda would be more a part of the future plans and he is in a way, just now as a trade piece. Wright, Ike, Tejada, Niese, Murphy with possibly Valdespin and Kirk.

vCash
    Why are the Mets ALWAYS behind the curve with EVERYTHING?

vCash

The Official Start Jordany Valdespin Thread

Valdespin hates walking, so he rather jog, hence why he hits many homers.

vCash
    Just read that Hefner was called up for todays game to backup Batista. Rumor is that Kirk N. will get sent down because he is severely struggling and isn't getting playing time. Looks like J. Vald. is here to stay as long as he continues to hit.

vCash
    I agree that he needs to get some starts. The lineup needs his speed, power, and energy. He provides things to the team that no one else on our roster does. We won't know how good this kid is until he gets regular playing time. Lets throw him out there and see he if can make adjustments. Duda and Bay become a platoon.

vCash
    Bottom line:

It is criminal to allow a no-talent bum like Torres and a washed-up bum like Bay to continue to take at bats away from this 24-year-old dynamo.

Shame on Sandy if the situation isn't rectified soon. Shame.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Never mind. Kirk is staying up and Johan was put on the DL.
    Last edited by firemang@2; 07-21-2012 at 10:45 AM.

vCash
    VSPIN was benched again
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Bottom line:

It is criminal to allow a no-talent bum like Torres and a washed-up bum like Bay to continue to take at bats away from this 24-year-old dynamo.

Shame on Sandy if the situation isn't rectified soon. Shame.
    This attitude cracks me up. Valdespin showed up with a reputation for being spotty mentally and showed a lack of concentration which got him demoted with a lecture. Since then the organization has turned him into an asset. I think they have have handled him marvelously, he'll continue to get more playing time as he earns it and displays maturity. There are issues the FO has dragged their feet on this year that are worth complaining about, but their taking it slowly with him is not one of them.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    This attitude cracks me up. Valdespin showed up with a reputation for being spotty mentally and showed a lack of concentration which got him demoted with a lecture. Since then the organization has turned him into an asset. I think they have have handled him marvelously, he'll continue to get more playing time as he earns it and displays maturity. There are issues the FO has dragged their feet on this year that are worth complaining about, but their taking it slowly with him is not one of them.
    It cracks me up that two journeymen are taking playing time away from him in a meaningless season.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Again, he was NOT sent down because of his attitude. He needs to play period, he has earned him time for long while now.

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Again, he was NOT sent down because of his attitude. He needs to play period, he has earned him time for long while now.
    Yeah, even though the organization says his attitude needed to addressed, as usual you and your opinion know better.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    Beating a dead horse here, I remember this argument and you won't stray from your position.

Backman had a heart to heart with him when he was sent down because he wasn't focusing. Find me any link that says he was sent down because of attitude I would love to see it.

I know the man has had attitude problems in the past, but he no longer seems to have that issue.

vCash
    Yeah, Backman had a heart to heart with him when he struck out like 5 straight times after he was sent down.

If the attitude was an issue up here it would have been Terry who had the heart to heart with him and then sent down, since Terry is the Mets manager.

he was sent down because he was not playing up here and was what 2-20?, he was better off going to the minors and playing everyday.

Valdespin will have his lapses of not running balls out and so on, but what was his main problem before was that he would argue back with coaches and that is why he had been suspended at least once.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast