Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Crazy Rumor Floating Around

That a "significant defenseman" and a "solid prospect" from Buffalo may be traded to Edmonton for a "young star top 6 center" and a "third line young player who many feel has top six potential".

-Eklund

I refuse to believe that the Sabres would entertain the idea of trading Myers.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    The funny thing is, I heard the other day that if Edmonton can land a top D-man, they would consider trading Nugent-Hopkins. I wonder if Eklund heard that too, then started the rumor himself, knowing we need a Center and have to many people on D.

I think he was the one from hockeybuzz that said Leopold and Sykera would be enough for the Sabres to land Briere.

If the Sabres wanted to trade Myers, they can land a lot more in return then who the Oilers have to offer. Teams would be bidding like crazy to get him.

vCash
    An interesting thing that came out of this is that Grig was brought to Edmonton before the draft. Supposedly they wanted him badly but wouldn't waste the 1st pick on him. Supposedly the Sabres traded up for Girgs with the intent of trading one or the other.

If you start with Grig+ for RNH or Gagner+, it looks more plausible.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Darcy better make some kinda move happen landing us a Center, just leave Myers out of it.

If Ennis or Hodgson gets hurt for a long period of time, were screwed.

vCash
    I would not give up Myers for any deal including RNH. If Darcy could swindle them with Sekera, Stafford, and/or a prospect (Pysyk, Brennan?) I would take it.

Something has got to give with our glut on D. If Edmonton is OK with dealing RNH, I think we could work something out. I would LOVE to screw over the Oilers in a deal....

vCash
    Supposedly talks are now at Leopold for Gagner, with small pieces or picks being moved to balance it out.

Sabres are still a little short at center... but trading everything for a bunch of young centers isn't really great either. We're going to end up with too many centers all at once and some walking in free agency.

-Scott van Pelt