Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shane doan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Based on your poor reading comprehension, I'll take that with a grain of salt.
    You might as well be a Cubs fan they way you talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I hear you, it isn't a bad idea at all, hopefully the guy is as good as you think he is..

But if we were willing to give up this huge haul of players, why not just do it for Nash? If given the choice, you have to go for the proven commodity. Not saying Kane can't do it, or that he is that far off, but Nash is a guy who has been THE marked man on his team, and has shown he is a reliable 30+, even 40 goal scorer. I get the youth factor, but you are then going to give up a lot of players, plus a nice amount of cash to sign a guy that you hope ends up being as good as Nash already is.
    It seems lie no matter what you offer howson its not enough man. Im not really sure why he even has a job at this point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    It seems lie no matter what you offer howson its not enough man. Im not really sure why he even has a job at this point
    It's become a big joke, honestly..

This might be his last chance to keep that job, and he knows it. Can't believe he will actually allow this to drag into the season, hoping something happens soon, even if that means we don't get him, this way I can move on to thinking about other deals...

vCash
    Did you guys even read the interview? Letting it "drag" into next season isn't a problem. They have Nash signed for quite some time. The last thing ownership wants to see is a crappy return for the best player on their team, a former number one pick. Howson doesn't have to please Rangers fans. If he doesnt get the return he wants... They stick with Nash, a very good hockey player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Did you guys even read the interview? Letting it "drag" into next season isn't a problem. They have Nash signed for quite some time. The last thing ownership wants to see is a crappy return for the best player on their team, a former number one pick. Howson doesn't have to please Rangers fans. If he doesnt get the return he wants... They stick with Nash, a very good hockey player.
    I am not so sure about this. There is precedent with an elite player holding out during this type of uncertainty to avoid injury risk and eliminate all trade possibilities. Also, it is very unhealthy for a coach and team to evolve your entire game around a player that does not want to be part of the team. It just doesn't work.

Howson has very little leverage due to the no trade clause, which limits his negotiating options, and the size and length of Nash's contract. Combined, these factors sharply reduce the value Columbus will ever get for Nash --- Howson may or may not understand that. He has seen the trade offers and has little to risk by dragging this on -- those trade offers will be there in four weeks but, as time goes on, he will have to pull the trigger and accept some offer before end of training camp, in my view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    I am not so sure about this. There is precedent with an elite player holding out during this type of uncertainty to avoid injury risk and eliminate all trade possibilities. Also, it is very unhealthy for a coach and team to evolve your entire game around a player that does not want to be part of the team. It just doesn't work.

Howson has very little leverage due to the no trade clause, which limits his negotiating options, and the size and length of Nash's contract. Combined, these factors sharply reduce the value Columbus will ever get for Nash --- Howson may or may not understand that. He has seen the trade offers and has little to risk by dragging this on -- those trade offers will be there in four weeks but, as time goes on, he will have to pull the trigger and accept some offer before end of training camp, in my view.
    Precedent? What are you talking about? Nash is under Columbus control for six more years.

No rush!!!!

They don't have to trade him just because you really want him on the Rangers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    You might as well be a Cubs fan they way you talk
    It's called the way I write and you would be better off taking some English classes.

1. Weber was a perfect fit for the Rangers, the Rangers went after him and Weber denied wanting to play in Manhattan.

2. Getting a 35/36 Craig MacTavish for faceoffs is one thing, bringing in Doan a 35/36 year old Doan for his role is a mistake.

Those are my two stances and am one for one being the Rangers went after Weber and hoping to be two for two by not bringing in Doan.

Meawhile, you're two for two on being a prick.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-22-2012 at 08:16 AM.

vCash
    I think both the Rangers and B.Jackets should wait.

1. We have no idea when this season will start. If NESN was correct with their guess, we might not see hockey until the Winter Classic which isn't until January 1st. Gabby won't be out too much longer than that.

2. I'd prefer to see kids like Kreider, Hagelin and company develop a bit. If the team really struggles to score, then make a move. Otherwise, this team shouldn't be derailed (unless they really aren't that good)

3. Jackets should maximize their opportunity for returns on Nash while the Rangers shouldn't ship out too many prospects until they have a little more time to develop. One long offseason could prove to be the difference in in both natural physical maturity and weight lifting physical development.

No rush to make trades, unless of course, it's the top of the food chain like the Weber/Stamkos type.

vCash
    Yes, I read the interview, thanks for asking. Just because he said it isn't a problem, doesn't mean it actually isn't one. Do you believe everything you read, or everything someone says...

Honestly, this has been dragging along since they were initially trying to trade him around the deadline. Doesn't seem anyone has budged yet and given in to his demands. It isn't going to magically happen if he waits, so he will eventually have to lower his unrealistic demands, no? Otherwise he is sitting with a dysfunctional team let by a disgruntled star player. Does that sound like a situation he wants? What else would he say, "I must trade him before the season, so just hold firm on your offers and make me cave in and deal him for less before this season starts"?

Kind of like the situation in Orlando, with Dwight Howard. Maybe this one isn't as bad, or as high-profile, but regardless of what they say, would you believe they aren't desperate to deal him? And like you say, Nash is under control for 6 years, who's to say he doesn't play half-*****, and force his way out, lowering his value even more, while still being able to control where he goes. That really sounds like a situation Howson would love, right?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Yes, I read the interview, thanks for asking. Just because he said it isn't a problem, doesn't mean it actually isn't one. Do you believe everything you read, or everything someone says...

Honestly, this has been dragging along since they were initially trying to trade him around the deadline. Doesn't seem anyone has budged yet and given in to his demands. It isn't going to magically happen if he waits, so he will eventually have to lower his unrealistic demands, no? Otherwise he is sitting with a dysfunctional team let by a disgruntled star player. Does that sound like a situation he wants? What else would he say, "I must trade him before the season, so just hold firm on your offers and make me cave in and deal him for less before this season starts"?

Kind of like the situation in Orlando, with Dwight Howard. Maybe this one isn't as bad, or as high-profile, but regardless of what they say, would you believe they aren't desperate to deal him? And like you say, Nash is under control for 6 years, who's to say he doesn't play half-*****, and force his way out, lowering his value even more, while still being able to control where he goes. That really sounds like a situation Howson would love, right?
    The Howard trade has lingered for awhile... because it could. If you want to compare the Nash situation to Howard than I guess we can expect this to linger 5 1/2 more seasons.

vCash
    It's become a big joke, honestly..

This might be his last chance to keep that job, and he knows it. Can't believe he will actually allow this to drag into the season, hoping something happens soon, even if that means we don't get him, this way I can move on to thinking about other deals...
    This is where you're thinking fails hard. Howson isn't doing himself any favors by CAVING to Sather.

vCash
    This is where you're thinking fails hard. Howson isn't doing himself any favors by CAVING to Sather.
    Dude, you are responding, and saying absolutely nothing...

Where in any of my posts did I say he needs to cave in to us, or do us a favor, or he owes us Nash, or whatever other useless garbage you are talking about. He is obviously being unreasonable, as there isn't one team that has been able to make a deal. He can ask for the sun, moon, and stars, but that doesn't mean Nash is worth it, nor does that mean anyone will ever give him what he wants. He can set the price as high as he wants, doesn't mean he will ever get it. And regardless of what he says, you and I both know he wants to get something done. And this isn't a case where someone's name is floated out there, just to see what the return might be. This is a time where someone has to be moved, and everyone knows it. Noone is going to overpay, if they were, something would have already happened.

What is worse for him, letting this continue to drag on, and get uglier and uglier, or take a fair, reasonable offer from someone, and move on? I'm sure if he was willing to make a reasonable deal, Sather would have already gotten something done. And we aren't in a desperate need to make this deal, honestly, so Howson can wait as long as he wants, McD, Kreider, Stepan, or whoever else he is holding out for arent going anywhere..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-22-2012 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    Dude, you are responding, and saying absolutely nothing...

Where in any of my posts did I say he needs to cave in to us, or do us a favor, or he owes us Nash, or whatever other useless garbage you are talking about. He is obviously being unreasonable, as there isn't one team that has been able to make a deal. He can ask for the sun, moon, and stars, but that doesn't mean Nash is worth it, nor does that mean anyone will ever give him what he wants. He can set the price as high as he wants, doesn't mean he will ever get it. And regardless of what he says, you and I both know he wants to get something done. And this isn't a case where someone's name is floated out there, just to see what the return might be. This is a time where someone has to be moved, and everyone knows it. Noone is going to overpay, if they were, something would have already happened.

What is worse for him, letting this continue to drag on, and get uglier and uglier, or take a fair, reasonable offer from someone, and move on?
    No it's not!!!

I heard this crap at the deadline. There's 6 years left on the deal and he doesn't have to rush anything. The team sucks either way.

vCash
    No it's not!!!

I heard this crap at the deadline. There's 6 years left on the deal and he doesn't have to rush anything. The team sucks either way.
    Guess we are just going to agree to disagree, then..

If you think a team being terrible, and a guy with a cap hit of 7.5M per season playing every game hoping he is leaving soon is an OK situation, well I just don't see it. Has the potential to be pretty bad. Would think dealing him for some solid NHL players, some prospects, and a pick would be much better, no?

Not saying what he will actually do, just what makes sense to do IMO. Obviously his strategy of waiting other GM's out didn't pan out, so what is his next move? Continue to wait? Sounds brilliant..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-22-2012 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    Guess we are just going to agree to disagree, then..

If you think a team being terrible, and a guy with a cap hit of 7.5M per season playing every game hoping he is leaving soon is an OK situation, well I just don't see it. Has the potential to be pretty bad. Would think dealing him for some solid NHL players, some prospects, and a pick would be much better, no?
    Well, according to the rumors that I take with a grain of salt, Carolina didn't want to trade Skinner and San Jose didn't want to move Couture and the Rangers won't budge on Derek ****in Stepan, lmao. And Howson's the idiot for not trading the former number one pick that's under team control for six more years?

Nash situation is not a problem. Columbus sucks with or without him. They can be patient. A number one pick doesn't kill them.

Obviously he's not in as much of a rush as you think he is because he would have moved him at the deadline if that was the case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast