Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Thread: Shane doan

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    17,754
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Im sorry i dont get it...why is everyone clammering for a guy that scored less than 30 goals and is 35 years old. We need a sniper on the powerplay
    orly?

    id love to find that guy.

    so would the other 29 teams.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,897
    vCash
    1500
    EXACTLY what i predicted in the Weber/Philly thread yesterday. Immediately the Rangers panic.


    >>>With the way the Knicks have accelerated to an old team, I'm sure the Rangers will follow the Garden suit by going hard for a 35/36 Doan for a small fortune while the 26 beast resides in Philly.<<<

    So typical



    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Nysports98, you did say they would do that, but isnt that what you want? If you want the kids to develop, they need someone to bridge the gap, so why not bring in a veteran forward who can take weight off their shoulders now and not cost anything but a contract to obtain.

    .

    No, that's not what I want. A 35/36 year old veteran is not bridging the gap. The team has a coach and Brad Richards for that.

    Seriously and dripping with sarcasm; what is Doan at 35/36 years old going to bring to the Rangers?

    - Will Mark Messier pick him up at the airport only to have Doan ask for his autograph? "We're looking forward to your leadership"?

    - We want you to mentor Carl Haglein who will show you around NY being it's 30 times the size of Phoenix and Winnipeg where you spent your career.

    - Good news, there is a seminar you're going to attend with Jason Kid about conserving energy over 35 years old

    - Here comes Crosby, pulled down by Doan. What's Doan going to say to Hagelin? "There was day I could stay with these guys without pulling them down b/c my legs were younger"

    - Doan going to share more hockey stories being he's too old to be traded? "Let me tell you about the times we missed the playoffs by 25 points".

    - Maybe Doan can be a cheerleder on the bench during the PP. "Good effort guys, we almost completed enough passes to get in position for shot headed wide of the net. Keep working, I need a break".


    Doan at 35/36 is more of a problem than an answer. That is, unless he wants to play for free. I'm not paying for the leadership b/c I expect it from Richards and the Coach.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-21-2012 at 11:14 AM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Doan would fit, but Nash would too. Maybe not the prototypical guy for what we do, but Nash does enough dirty work to fit IMO, and his size and skill would be exactly what we need. I like Doan, but to me, he is a secondary option, not the grand prize. But I guess if he would be willing to come for a "reasonable" deal, would have to pull the trigger..

    I would really like Evander Kane, but the only problem is, how much is he worth? Talented, sure, young, yep, but does he take the next step towards star (or at least almost-star) status? I would think it would take a huge offer to make the Jets let him go, but is he worth that kind of offer? Or worth whatever the Jets would want?
    Nash is obviously our first choice, i'm just getting fed up with scott howson already. Every day it seems less and less likely that anything will happen, and I wouldnt want the rangers to mortgage their entire future for a big contract with little playoff experience.

    I would give up a lot to get evander kane, anybody not named mcdonagh or kreider is expendable. They really need a young, exciting talented forward with a high cieling, and kane fits that perfectly. He has a good 2 way game, has improved offensively every year and can still get better. Think about it having a core of mcdonagh, kane and kreider all hitting their prime at the same time. pretty scary.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,411
    vCash
    1500

    Shane doan

    For the right price this would be a great signing.


    ...for the right price. Don't panic

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,379
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    EXACTLY what i predicted in the Weber/Philly thread yesterday. Immediately the Rangers panic.


    >>>With the way the Knicks have accelerated to an old team, I'm sure the Rangers will follow the Garden suit by going hard for a 35/36 Doan for a small fortune while the 26 beast resides in Philly.<<<

    So typical






    No, that's not what I want. A 35/36 year old veteran is not bridging the gap. The team has a coach and Brad Richards for that.

    Seriously and dripping with sarcasm; what is Doan at 35/36 years old going to bring to the Rangers?

    - Will Mark Messier pick him up at the airport only to have Doan ask for his autograph? "We're looking forward to your leadership"?

    - We want you to mentor Carl Haglein who will show you around NY being it's 30 times the size of Phoenix and Winnipeg where you spent your career.

    - Good news, there is a seminar you're going to attend with Jason Kid about conserving energy over 35 years old

    - Here comes Crosby, pulled down by Doan. What's Doan going to say to Hagelin? "There was day I could stay with these guys without pulling them down b/c my legs were younger"

    - Doan going to share more hockey stories being he's too old to be traded? "Let me tell you about the times we missed the playoffs by 25 points".

    - Maybe Doan can be a cheerleder on the bench during the PP. "Good effort guys, we almost completed enough passes to get in position for shot headed wide of the net. Keep working, I need a break".


    Doan at 35/36 is more of a problem than an answer. That is, unless he wants to play for free. I'm not paying for the leadership b/c I expect it from Richards and the Coach.
    That has to be one of the worst posts I have ever seen. Doan is a great hockey player even at his age and skates and plays hard every shift. I am not a huge Doan fan but really dude the man can play. Just watch some of his highlights last year. He is physical and works hard for the puck every shift.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocowear21 View Post
    That has to be one of the worst posts I have ever seen. Doan is a great hockey player even at his age and skates and plays hard every shift. I am not a huge Doan fan but really dude the man can play. Just watch some of his highlights last year. He is physical and works hard for the puck every shift.

    Another reading comprehension issue I see as I clearly said "dripping with sarcasm".

    HE'S 35/36 YEARS OLD so your response is one of the worst responses I have ever read. In case you actually believe the fountain of youth is going to bypass this fella, I have news for you. HE'S 35/36 years old and practically borrowed time.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,188
    vCash
    500
    There isn't a youthful alternative. We've got cap space and we're going to have to do something. Doan can still play. He was all over the ice in the LA series.

    Normally you don't want to overpay but you don't want to start the season with a bunch of unused money either. If Sather can structure a 3 year deal that makes him tradable in final season he can shell out a pretty high cap hit.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Another reading comprehension issue I see as I clearly said "dripping with sarcasm".

    HE'S 35/36 YEARS OLD so your response is one of the worst responses I have ever read. In case you actually believe the fountain of youth is going to bypass this fella, I have news for you. HE'S 35/36 years old and practically borrowed time.
    Have you mentioned anything about hockey in any of your posts. Doan is an awesome player who is physical, can score, and can lead. Also he is hungry for a shot a cup pretty much any team would want him if they could get him. He hasn't slowed down and I don't know why you think he will without any evidentiary support as well. Doan is a great piece to have on the team who can score and has size which we could use on our top two lines.
    Averymustgo...must go

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    Have you mentioned anything about hockey in any of your posts. .

    If you have to ask, you haven't read many of my posts nor have you followed the Rangers very long.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Nysports98, you did say they would do that, but isnt that what you want? If you want the kids to develop, they need someone to bridge the gap, so why not bring in a veteran forward who can take weight off their shoulders now and not cost anything but a contract to obtain.

    Redfish, I agree with what your saying about last season play and what is needed to advance.

    For the stand pat people: They may have been the 1 seed but had trouble with the 8, 7, seed and lost to the 6 seed. While they finished the season as top in the east, how many of their wins did were you at the edge of your seat cause the game was close to being tied. The we didnt have Kreider in the regular season, but they had him in the playoffs and he was one of the top scorers and it still wasnt enough.
    The seedings don't mean that much besides home ice when you have 8 teams separated by what 10 -12 points?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocowear21 View Post
    That has to be one of the worst posts I have ever seen. Doan is a great hockey player even at his age and skates and plays hard every shift. I am not a huge Doan fan but really dude the man can play. Just watch some of his highlights last year. He is physical and works hard for the puck every shift.


    Look who made the posts it says it all

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    53
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    anything more than 2 years and over 10M I will be pissed
    I agree

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500
    With practically no FA's, several teams will probably go 4 years, 5.5 on Doan. So, if he's about the money, he won't come here. I say 3 years at 5 million. Then use Dubinsky and Erixon to get Stastny and give Howson the finger on Nash.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    Look who made the posts it says it all


    Based on your poor reading comprehension, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,254
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisound15 View Post
    Nash is obviously our first choice, i'm just getting fed up with scott howson already. Every day it seems less and less likely that anything will happen, and I wouldnt want the rangers to mortgage their entire future for a big contract with little playoff experience.

    I would give up a lot to get evander kane, anybody not named mcdonagh or kreider is expendable. They really need a young, exciting talented forward with a high cieling, and kane fits that perfectly. He has a good 2 way game, has improved offensively every year and can still get better. Think about it having a core of mcdonagh, kane and kreider all hitting their prime at the same time. pretty scary.
    I hear you, it isn't a bad idea at all, hopefully the guy is as good as you think he is..

    But if we were willing to give up this huge haul of players, why not just do it for Nash? If given the choice, you have to go for the proven commodity. Not saying Kane can't do it, or that he is that far off, but Nash is a guy who has been THE marked man on his team, and has shown he is a reliable 30+, even 40 goal scorer. I get the youth factor, but you are then going to give up a lot of players, plus a nice amount of cash to sign a guy that you hope ends up being as good as Nash already is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •