Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Shane doan

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Well, according to the rumors that I take with a grain of salt, Carolina didn't want to trade Skinner and San Jose didn't want to move Couture and the Rangers won't budge on Derek ****in Stepan, lmao. And Howson's the idiot for not trading the former number one pick that's under team control for six more years?

    Nash situation is not a problem. Columbus sucks with or without him. They can be patient. A number one pick doesn't kill them.

    Obviously he's not in as much of a rush as you think he is because he would have moved him at the deadline if that was the case.
    There you go again, quoting me and then saying what I didn't say. Never said he was an idiot, you did.

    And you talk about Stepan like he's garbage. Kid is 22 years old, already shown he can play in this league. Put up 50 points last season, is already a legit 2nd line center at worst. Good 2 way player, tough, smart, not afraid of big spots. Still can get better, IMO. He isn't garbage at all. If they deal him, then they create another huge hole. Doesn't make sense. If he gets better, gets into the 60+ point level, could be one of the better 2-way players out there, and still so young. Who steps in to fill that hole?

    And why the hell would San Jose deal Couture? That is ridiculous for Howson to expect. Kid is 23, a center, and could be as good or better than Nash in a year or so. Put up back to back 30 goal seasons, likely to get better. Sorry, but you don't deal that kind of player, you hold on to him. Wait for this season, see how he progresses, then lock him up long term.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,219
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    There you go again, quoting me and then saying what I didn't say. Never said he was an idiot, you did.

    And you talk about Stepan like he's garbage. Kid is 22 years old, already shown he can play in this league. Put up 50 points last season, is already a legit 2nd line center at worst. Good 2 way player, tough, smart, not afraid of big spots. Still can get better, IMO. He isn't garbage at all. If they deal him, then they create another huge hole. Doesn't make sense. If he gets better, gets into the 60+ point level, could be one of the better 2-way players out there, and still so young. Who steps in to fill that hole?

    And why the hell would San Jose deal Couture? That is ridiculous for Howson to expect. Kid is 23, a center, and could be as good or better than Nash in a year or so. Put up back to back 30 goal seasons, likely to get better. Sorry, but you don't deal that kind of player, you hold on to him. Wait for this season, see how he progresses, then lock him up long term.
    Here's the three players you hear rumored from teh Rangers:

    Del Zotto - a player they don't want because they just traded for an offensive defenseman

    Erixon - a prospect they don't want because they just traded for an offensive defenseman, lol

    Dubinsky - a player who will become a free agent shortly

    Then he asks about Stepan, a projected second liner, Sather tells him no. Everyone wants Nash but no one wants to pony up.

    It makes zero sense for Howson to rush Nash out of town for a bad return.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,219
    vCash
    500
    It's just insane delusions from Rangers fans. They want Nash because he's really good but they don't want to trade away anything good.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Here's the three players you hear rumored from teh Rangers:

    Del Zotto - a player they don't want because they just traded for an offensive defenseman

    Erixon - a prospect they don't want because they just traded for an offensive defenseman, lol

    Dubinsky - a player who will become a free agent shortly

    Then he asks about Stepan, a projected second liner, Sather tells him no. Everyone wants Nash but no one wants to pony up.

    It makes zero sense for Howson to rush Nash out of town for a bad return.
    So let me get this straight..

    Because a team has a good offensive D-Man, they don't want another? Either to keep, so they have more than one to roll out there, or to flip to another team for something else they want? And MDZ was tied for 11th among D-Men, tied for 25th overall in plus/minus, which says he was pretty good defensively as well. Yeah, that kind of player isn't good to have.

    And Dubinsky isn't a FA soon, he is signed for this upcoming season, and then 2 more.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,219
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So let me get this straight..

    Because a team has a good offensive D-Man, they don't want another? Either to keep, so they have more than one to roll out there, or to flip to another team for something else they want? And MDZ was tied for 11th among D-Men, tied for 25th overall in plus/minus, which says he was pretty good defensively as well. Yeah, that kind of player isn't good to have.

    And Dubinsky isn't a FA soon, he is signed for this upcoming season, and then 2 more.
    Yes. Howson has come out and said that he doesn't need d, he needs forwards. You're completely incapable of looking at the situation from their perspective.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Yes. Howson has come out and said that he doesn't need d, he needs forwards. You're completely incapable of looking at the situation from their perspective.
    Not really. Actually, you are incapable of talking properly to people. Or responding to the things people call you out on that you say, that make no sense whatsoever. Tired of going around in circles, I'm not going to feed you anymore.

    Agree to disagree, we are done here. Have a nice day..

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,219
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Not really. Actually, you are incapable of talking properly to people. Or responding to the things people call you out on that you say, that make no sense whatsoever. Tired of going around in circles, I'm not going to feed you anymore.

    Agree to disagree, we are done here. Have a nice day..
    lol, you're done because you can't argue with a fact. Howson doesn't want a package centered around a young offensive defenseman because he just traded for a young offensive defenseman.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,375
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...UoVuvEZWlIosLJ
    Here's a column by Bus Stop Larry that shows where Howson's head is at. I agree with Brooks on t
    his, we aren't trading our 2nd line center who's making 875 grand. We need quality young players to offset the salaries of Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Lundqvist etc. There's a deal in NY for Howson, but he has to get real and do what most GM's do, trade an established player for future players and picks. He'll never get true value for Nash if he insists on getting Stepan back from us because his skill, potential and cap value is too high to send him and a host of other players to Columbus. Howson has to hit a home run as I've said all along but he also has to be patient and rebuild, he can't trade one player and hope to get a playoff team. If I'm Howson I ask for Dubinsky, Hagelin, McIlrath and a 1st. That gives him two NHL players, one in Dubinsky who I would say would be a steal for Columbus, he'd be able to go back to center and get as much ice as he wants,Hagelin who had a pretty good year with us once he was called up, a big D man to play in a year or so, and a pick to get some future help.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Not really. Actually, you are incapable of talking properly to people. Or responding to the things people call you out on that you say, that make no sense whatsoever. Tired of going around in circles, I'm not going to feed you anymore.

    Agree to disagree, we are done here. Have a nice day..
    I think you're missing what Fingerbang is saying and taking it the wrong way. All he is suggesting is that everyone keeps coming on here and saying they want Nash but they don't want to trade any pieces which is fine it's just unrealistic. He's comparing Stepan to Couture and Skinner to prove a point that they are better than Stepan which isn't slighting Stepan at all to be honest and it's not as much of piece to move as it would be for Carolina or San Jose. With all that being said I don't want any part of Nash and don't want to trade away for him. I am however all for signing Doan.
    Averymustgo...must go

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    It's called the way I write and you would be better off taking some English classes.

    1. Weber was a perfect fit for the Rangers, the Rangers went after him and Weber denied wanting to play in Manhattan.

    2. Getting a 35/36 Craig MacTavish for faceoffs is one thing, bringing in Doan a 35/36 year old Doan for his role is a mistake.

    Those are my two stances and am one for one being the Rangers went after Weber and hoping to be two for two by not bringing in Doan.

    Meawhile, you're two for two on being a prick.
    Ahh the spelling police!!!! Sorry didn see the badge

    Weber was the prefect fit for just about any team though not just us.

    Craig MacTavish was a 4th liner who was ment for faceoffs and Doan will be a 2nd line/PP/PK player So no need to compare the 2 as Craig MacTavish only broke 50 points ONCE in his entire career playing with some stacked teams in Edmonton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •