Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    Okay... maybe this'll malke it a little easier.

Act as if you have the number 1 overrall pick in a fantasy draft type situation. You can take any current hockey player in the world to begin your team with and build around.

I'm taking Malkin 9 times outta 10. Maybe Doughty.
    #1 overall pick in fantasy draft....i'd probably still take G to be honest. he just has it all. malkin can be rattled rather easily, which i don't like.

stamkos would be up there for me as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Not sure if you're serious....You'd be getting a Top 2 goalie...Top 5 D Man, a Captain and Leader in Brown and 2 picks. I'd do that in a heartbeat and Homer probably would as well.
    i meant ludicrous in the sense that LA would never do that deal, not that i wouldn't do that deal.

vCash
    If I have first pick sign me up for Matt carle

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    You guys are making me sick.... lol
    No one, and ESPECIALLY not a goalie, as many become year to year. (so many of you are saying quick and i especially cannot fathom that)
    Sidney is one hit away from lights out and Malkin is hideous

vCash
    Did I ever mention I love Claude Giroux?

vCash

Listen Up

The Flyers came to town in 1967. I was 10 and hooked immediately. I have seen every player that's worn the orange and black. That said, there is no one I would trade G for. He is already close to being my favorite Flyer ever, and probably will be in a couple more years.

You guys all know what you've seen, so I won't comment about G's chops on the ice. He's already one of the top 3 players in the NHL, and he hasn't peaked yet.

The intangibles are even better. He already demonstrated leadership characteristics. What he demonstrates even more is candidness and accessibility in dealing with the press and the fans. In a town where we've had to put up with the likes of Mike Vick, Mike Richards, and God forbid Andy Reid, G is the perfect face of a franchise. In the next five years, you will see him wear the "C," and you will see him hoist a Cup over his head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaPot View Post
    The Flyers came to town in 1967. I was 10 and hooked immediately. I have seen every player that's worn the orange and black. That said, there is no one I would trade G for. He is already close to being my favorite Flyer ever, and probably will be in a couple more years.

You guys all know what you've seen, so I won't comment about G's chops on the ice. He's already one of the top 3 players in the NHL, and he hasn't peaked yet.

The intangibles are even better. He already demonstrated leadership characteristics. What he demonstrates even more is candidness and accessibility in dealing with the press and the fans. In a town where we've had to put up with the likes of Mike Vick, Mike Richards, and God forbid Andy Reid, G is the perfect face of a franchise. In the next five years, you will see him wear the "C," and you will see him hoist a Cup over his head.
    if weber comes, does G still get the C?
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

vCash
    Untradeable.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    if weber comes, does G still get the C?
    it's a good question. i think the organization will run it by G, see where he's at as far as if/will he ever be ready to wear the "C". if he thinks he needs more time, i suspect they go another year without a captain, then revisit the topic at the beginning of next season. if he doesn't think he ever wants it, then i believe they give it to Weber (this is the least likely scenario IMO). if he feels he's ready, obviously you give it to him.

i could see them going another year without someone wearing the "C", though.

vCash
    I say we just have 5 As and call it a day

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash

that was beautiful man

vCash
    Honestly how about just keeping him. While it's alright to speculate. It would be crazy to seriously take any offers. Prospects are great, they're wonderful to assess and wonder about their futures. But even say: Jaden Schwartz, Vladimir Tarasenko and Perron coming to Philly for Giroux is not something I'd do. Keep CG28 in Philly for the forseeable future.

vCash

Amen to that!

vCash
    If I haaad to do it then it would be to the west:

A deal involving Getzlaf and Perry. Send picks, G, and Voracek or something

I hated writing that...

vCash
    Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, and Grant Fuhr circa 1986-87 Edmonton Oilers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast