Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who would you trade G for?

Okay, just play along.

Was having a discussion with friends and this question came up. Clearly everyone wants Giroux as a Flyer for life. As do I. But comparing him with talent around the league, hypothetically, what players would you actually be willing to deal Giroux for.

The only relatively realistic deals I could see myself doing were (trust me, "realistic" is being used very loosely):

Malkin, Sid and Quick

Mind you, this is just a little thread to keep things light while we wait for this Weber typhoon to pass. Interested in hearing your players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    Okay, just play along.

Was having a discussion with friends and this question came up. Clearly everyone wants Giroux as a Flyer for life. As do I. But comparing him with talent around the league, hypothetically, what players would you actually be willing to deal Giroux for.

The only relatively realistic deals I could see myself doing were (trust me, "realistic" is being used very loosely):

Malkin, Sid and Quick

Mind you, this is just a little thread to keep things light while we wait for this Weber typhoon to pass. Interested in hearing your players.
    interesting idea for a thread to occupy us

Obviously would only trade to the West conference.

Winnipeg for Buff, Bogo, Kane, top prospect, and 1st rounder. (forgetting that this team might be set on defensemen for the next 4 years lol)

or

Oilers for Hall, Nugent Hopkins, 1st rounder
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 07-19-2012 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    Currently, given his contract and all around ability...no one. He's among the top 5-10 best players in the league. Don't get me wrong, there are better players but none with a better contract..It would have to be some ridiculous package.

vCash
    i wouldn't. i can't think of any plausible scenario.

vCash
    Giroux for karlsson, spezza, zibanedaj

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Untouchable sorry. Have to show some loyalty to players.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quick, Crosby, Stamkos are three players... Could probably think of a few packages as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Currently, given his contract and all around ability...no one. He's among the top 5-10 best players in the league. Don't get me wrong, there are better players but none with a better contract..It would have to be some ridiculous package.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i wouldn't. i can't think of any plausible scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Untouchable sorry. Have to show some loyalty to players.
    think you guys are missing the point. We all agree he's untouchable and theres no reason to do it. But, if you are GM, what offer would it take... no matter what you say, theres an offer out there you'd have to take (when ignoring variables like loyalty, salary cap, etc) .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    think you guys are missing the point. We all agree he's untouchable and theres no reason to do it. But, if you are GM, what offer would it take... no matter what you say, theres an offer out there you'd have to take (when ignoring variables like loyalty, salary cap, etc) .
    i wouldn't be able to come up with a plausible offer. i just wouldn't. for example, if i was going to trade him to the kings, i'd want doughty, quick, brown, their top prospect, and 1 or 2 first round picks. the offer is ludicrous. but i just have that much faith in G to be a game-changer, leader, and ultimately a cup winner.

i just can't think of any trade i would make that would involve G.

vCash
    before the offer sheet.....

G and breezy for weber and rinne

I think I would do that

vCash
    Soviet Union national ice hockey team from 54-91 I'd take the whole team.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    i wouldn't be able to come up with a plausible offer. i just wouldn't. for example, if i was going to trade him to the kings, i'd want doughty, quick, brown, their top prospect, and 1 or 2 first round picks. the offer is ludicrous. but i just have that much faith in G to be a game-changer, leader, and ultimately a cup winner.

Okay... maybe this'll malke it a little easier.

Act as if you have the number 1 overrall pick in a fantasy draft type situation. You can take any current hockey player in the world to begin your team with and build around.

I'm taking Malkin 9 times outta 10. Maybe Doughty.

vCash
    Easy answer...5 straight Stanley Cups..next question!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allphillyman359 View Post
    before the offer sheet.....

G and breezy for weber and rinne

I think I would do that

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash

Not sure if you're serious....You'd be getting a Top 2 goalie...Top 5 D Man, a Captain and Leader in Brown and 2 picks. I'd do that in a heartbeat and Homer probably would as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast