7. Andrew Maxwell, Michigan State
    8. Danny O'Brien, Wisconsin
    9. Kain Colter, Northwestern
    10. Caleb Terbush, Purdue
    11. Matt McGloin, Penn State
    12. Cameron Coffman, Indiana

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    I'd say flip flop Maxwell and O'Brien. Maxwell hasnt really had any real time at QB. Unlike O'Brien.

vCash
    Yea I could see that, I haven't really seen either guy play but I guess the potential is there.

vCash
    1. Vandenberg
    2. Robinson
    3. Scheelhaase
    4. Gray
    5. Martinez

Basically, Big 10 passing games have a lot to prove.

vCash
    ^I'm assuming when you rank the QB's your looking purely at passing ability and not the actual affect they will have on the game. Otherwise not sure how you don't have Robinson #1 as he will be the biggest difference maker in the league this year and a Heisman candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    ^I'm assuming when you rank the QB's your looking purely at passing ability and not the actual affect they will have on the game. Otherwise not sure how you don't have Robinson #1 as he will be the biggest difference maker in the league this year and a Heisman candidate.
    I have no respect for his ability to throw the football. He could come out and set the conference on fire because he has all of the ability, he just hasn't done it yet. IMO you have to be able to throw the football to win big games against elite programs like Alabama, LSU, Oregon, USC, etc. I don't think he can do it. Again, I can be proven wrong but I can't call someone the best QB in the conference when I don't think he can throw the football effectively.

That, and I think Vandenberg is going to blow up this season.

vCash
    Fair enough, I actually agree with you on the point that Denard is not a good passer and he has a knack for throwing the worst timed INT's ever. I think he will improve a bit but he definitley won't be playing QB at the next level.

vCash
    Here is how i've got it stacked out.

1. Denard Robinson, Michigan
    2. James Vandenberg, Iowa
    3. MarQueis Gray, Minnesota
    4. Taylor Martinez, Nebraska
    5. Braxton Miller, Ohio St
    6. Nathan Scheelhaase, Illinois
    7. Andrew Maxwell, Michigan State
    8. Danny O'Brien, Wisconsin
    9. Kain Colter, Northwestern
    10. Caleb Terbush, Purdue
    11. Matt McGloin, Penn State
    12. Cameron Coffman, Indiana
    I'm going completely by winning, ability to make plays with arm or feet and running the offense.

I think your list is spot on but by the end of the year my top 4 would be
    1. Robinson
    2. Vandenberg
    3. Miller
    4. Martinez

I don't think Martinez has ever shown enough consistency where Miller improved well through the season and by the the Michigan game and the Florida game he was making big plays with his feet as well as his arm. He's coming along very well. I think Martinez will struggle again. The guy just hasn't impressed me much. Gray I think you just have a little to high, though he has alot of talent.

vCash
    He's always a September Heisman candidate but come Big Ten season he disappears from the discussion

vCash
    ^I think it will be different this year. The guy was learning a new system last year and should only have improved with airing it out. We'll see though.

vCash
    It looks like a pretty weak class of QBs this year. Or maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    It looks like a pretty weak class of QBs this year. Or maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the names.
    It is and that is one of the biggest problems with the Big 10 against elite programs IMO. It could get better. There are some good young upside QBs in the league and some incoming recruits who look like they could be impressive but the Big 10 needs to produce more elite QBs to get back on top IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I'm going completely by winning, ability to make plays with arm or feet and running the offense.

I think your list is spot on but by the end of the year my top 4 would be
    1. Robinson
    2. Vandenberg
    3. Miller
    4. Martinez

I don't think Martinez has ever shown enough consistency where Miller improved well through the season and by the the Michigan game and the Florida game he was making big plays with his feet as well as his arm. He's coming along very well. I think Martinez will struggle again. The guy just hasn't impressed me much. Gray I think you just have a little to high, though he has alot of talent.
    Martinez is only a junior this year. Keep in mind he started as a true freshman under OC Shawn Watson and then he had a new offensive coordinator (Tim Beck) for his sophomore year. Husker fans are hoping the fact he isn't learning a new system again this year will work to his benefit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Martinez is only a junior this year. Keep in mind he started as a true freshman under OC Shawn Watson and then he had a new offensive coordinator (Tim Beck) for his sophomore year. Husker fans are hoping the fact he isn't learning a new system again this year will work to his benefit.
    Yeah that's extremely true. Keeping that in mind I'd be shocked if he hasn't improved greatly this year.

vCash
    This MichiganSports guy makes me laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast