Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Why doesn't Nashville just match the contract and trade him next offseason?

In this scenerio, they're basically not holding any great cards. Next offseason, they will have shaved about $20 off this contract and start a bidding war for his services.
    It's believed that they don't have the cash to match it, kind of the reason it was structured in this way so that they would have their hands tied.
    Last edited by bsi; 07-24-2012 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    Of course Nashville has the cash. More than 24 million in cap space. The cap hit for Weber would be a lil more than 7.8 per. Nashville will be crazy not to match, especially after losing Suter.

vCash
    Well it didnt take Nashville long. HaHa Philly!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401354

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messleetch94 View Post
    Of course Nashville has the cash. More than 24 million in cap space. The cap hit for Weber would be a lil more than 7.8 per. Nashville will be crazy not to match, especially after losing Suter.

Yeah its not the 7.8 per its how its paid out that is the issue.

vCash
    Preds matched it

vCash
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL screw Philly!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    They don't have the cash to match it, kind of the reason it was structured in this way so that they would have their hands tied.

BOOM - so happy you're wrong.

Let's trade for him next offseason LOL

Let's see, I do believe 13 years at $6.7 per year is pretty doable. Would love to see Nashville try to pay back Philly by trading Weber in the conference.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-24-2012 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    Hes owed something like 62 million in the first 4 years with signing bonuses. Nashville couldnt let him go after losing suter. Screw you Philly!

vCash
    BOOM - so happy you're wrong.

Let's trade for him next offseason LOL

Let's see, I do believe 13 years at $6.7 per year is pretty doable. Would love to see Nashville try to pay back Philly by trading Weber in the conference.
    Ya, that musta been a tough pill to swallow. They gotta pay him 27 million in one calendar year and 68 million in bonus money in the first 6 years.

vCash
    Ya, that musta been a tough pill to swallow. They gotta pay him 27 million in one calendar year and 68 million in bonus money in the first 6 years.
    Let's see if this rejection sends the Flyers into a 5-7 year tailspin like it did to the Rangers when the Avs matched the Sakic offer.

vCash
    Let's see if this rejection sends the Flyers into a 5-7 year tailspin like it did to the Rangers when the Avs matched the Sakic offer.
    There's not much out there for top tier D-men anymore...I think Slats better get DelZotto signed before he gets an offer sheet, a nasty one that forces NY to take on more salary than they want to.

vCash
    Its actually 7.857 per

vCash
    There's not much out there for top tier D-men anymore...I think Slats better get DelZotto signed before he gets an offer sheet, a nasty one that forces NY to take on more salary than they want to.
    Agreed. He just had a career year, although its a short career. But will he be consistent enough? If he gets better, i wouldnt mind trading him next offseason to get Weber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messleetch94 View Post
    Agreed. He just had a career year, although its a short career. But will he be consistent enough? If he gets better, i wouldnt mind trading him next offseason to get Weber.
    If the Preds have to pay that much in one year for Weber, they'll likely be keeping him I'd guess. Afterall, a 1/4 of his contract will be paid by the time his bonus money is paid for the calendar year. DelZotto as Torts has said repeatedly "gets it", he's got a great attitude and when somethig is wrong he tries to fix it, much like he did when he was sent to the minors the year before and came back in better shape and more physical and responsible in his own end, I wouldn't worry about him regressing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234