Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Regarding Seravalli's comment: I think Weber is smart enough to realize, by signing the OS he was guaranteeing he'd end his career as a Flyer or Predator and have been fine/happy with either decision. Otherwise there is no way Weber signs the OS and can choose from whomever next offseason (for shorter term and less money). In my opinion, a guy doesn't gamble playing the rest of his career in a town he doesn't want to play in for $100MM unless he's just in it for the $$$$. Weber doesn't seem like that kind of player.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    Just looked at the Penguins forum, they seem to think that if we sign Weber we will lose Giroux, Couturier and Schenn. Lol they are basically saying we wont even be able to put together a team. Since when did a 7.8 mil cap hit become the end of a team?

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Someone tweeted that if Nashville matches, Plan B will be for Ed Snider to buy The Predators lol

Sadly it wouldn't even cost much more than it looks like Weber is going to cost over the next 14 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    This is starting to feel like it could be the biggest ****ing tease ever leaving all of us with the bluest of balls. We're hearing all of the right things, and this might only happen for draft picks. But Nashville could break our hearts at any moment. I feel sick, I just want this to end.
    ^^^ This

I have this horrible feeling that everyone is getting worked up over nothing because Nashville matches and it comes out that Weber had no intention of coming here and just signed the sheet with a handshake agreement in Nashville that they would match it so he stays in Nashville for life.

Regardless of how this goes down though you gotta love Homer for trying and if the defense ***** the bed this year we cant say Homer didnt do everything he possibly could (and something we didnt think he could do in getting Weber to sign an OS) to bring us a cup this year.

vCash
    ok this literally made me laugh out loud

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/07...ing-table.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    Just looked at the Penguins forum, they seem to think that if we sign Weber we will lose Giroux, Couturier and Schenn. Lol they are basically saying we wont even be able to put together a team. Since when did a 7.8 mil cap hit become the end of a team?
    So by that logic they have chosen Crosby for life and to let Malkin go with the Crosby extentsion. They are just hating cause they traded Staal to be bale to sign Parise or Suter and struckout on both. Now they gotta justify why we wont be better then them this year cause they are scared.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post

they do realize that they have 2 guys on their team making AT LEAST that kind of a cap hit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    ^^^ This

I have this horrible feeling that everyone is getting worked up over nothing because Nashville matches and it comes out that Weber had no intention of coming here and just signed the sheet with a handshake agreement in Nashville that they would match it so he stays in Nashville for life.

Regardless of how this goes down though you gotta love Homer for trying and if the defense ***** the bed this year we cant say Homer didnt do everything he possibly could (and something we didnt think he could do in getting Weber to sign an OS) to bring us a cup this year.

see but i don't care if they end up with Weber out of this. honestly, i'm just glad he went about getting him THIS way. don't have to trade any of our young guys, sign him to a really great cap hit.

if NSH can't match, AWESOME. if not, who cares; we didn't lose anything in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    Regarding Seravalli's comment: I think Weber is smart enough to realize, by signing the OS he was guaranteeing he'd end his career as a Flyer or Predator and have been fine/happy with either decision. Otherwise there is no way Weber signs the OS and can choose from whomever next offseason (for shorter term and less money). In my opinion, a guy doesn't gamble playing the rest of his career in a town he doesn't want to play in for $100MM unless he's just in it for the $$$$. Weber doesn't seem like that kind of player.
    From what I could gather it sounded like The Flyers desperately wanted Weber and have been negotiating with Nashville for weeks. Homer didn't like how long it took and basically did this to get an outcome. In his mind he probably thought that they'd either get him through the offer sheet or keep him away from Pittsburgh.

vCash
    Just listened to Darren Dreger's radio interview on ESPN radio, the most interesting part was when he talked of Nashville's ticket sales. Apparently, through all of last years tickets sales the Predators made around $26 Million, which is the amount Weber is due to make within the first year of this contract, and that's just singing bonus money. This is where you have to think how much homework Homer and the FO did to find out these numbers and front load the contract to make it almost impossible for Nashville to match without seriously crippling their financial status, especially with a possible lockout looming. Gotta love Homer!!!

It's also nice to here some of the hushed information starting to come out about how Weber spent extensive time touring the Flyers facilities within the past weeks and how his Agent said he would like to play in Philadelphia. Exciting times right now, hopefully it all works out.

vCash
    Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
    #NYR Rangers were also on Shea Weber's short list; d-man RFA visited NY recently, ESPN NY has learned. Story to come
    hmm.

vCash
    Looks like Homer stuck in GM Glen Sather's *** too, along with the Atlantic Division as a whole, prbly one of the reasons he pulled the trigger.
    Last edited by Orange&Green; 07-19-2012 at 04:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    hmm.
    Looks like Homer stuck in GM Glen Sather's *** too, along with the Atlantic Division as a whole, prbly one of the reasons he pulled the trigger.

vCash
    Kyle Scott ‏@CrossingBroad
    The Nashville Predators lost $7 million last year and haven't been profitable since 2008. Good luck, guys.
    ok now this is just ridiculous. how are they going to afford $26 million up front if they haven't been profitable in 4 years..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    ok now this is just ridiculous. how are they going to afford $26 million up front if they haven't been profitable in 4 years..
    The NHL and Mr. Bettman will "Help" Nashville find the money...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Green View Post
    The NHL and Mr. Bettman will "Help" Nashville find the money...
    Nah, it will probably be a measure of good will to give them some extra players to save the franchise.....I forget who it was...but back in the day when we plucked Gratton from Tampa in the same way didn't we then basically give them someone good for almost nothing as "sorry for stealing your franchise guy and wrecking your team"...

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast