Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Well sure...that was some musing out loud.........but to subscribe to that theory you'd have to believe that he's a money first guy so that theory has merit on why he's sign it..but still leaves room for doubt. I mean you'd have to believe that once Suter took off that if Nashville was serious about keeping him and he was serious about staying that they'd have agreed to something a little more than what Suter signed for. That would have been a no brainer for Nashville to do that the SAME day Suter signed.......

which leads more speculation to the side that Weber would prefer to move on...
    He doesnt really have to be a money first guy to accept this. Rumours from the new CBA are that the contract limit could be like 5-7 years if it goes as low as 5 years then we are talking about going from a 14 year 110 million dollar deal where he is set for te remainder of his career to a 5 year maybe 50 million tops deal and having to go through that process at least one more time most likely twice over his career. Thats potentially a lot of money to leave on the table if the CBA doesnt go his way.

I do fully agree with you that if Weber really didnt want out and Nashville really wanted to keep him then why didnt they turn around the moment that Sute signed and offer the same deal to Weber and put an end to all of this??? I think either there has to be something going on between Poille and Holgrem that we dont know about yet or Nashville planned to dangle him and way their options and Homer forced their hand.

vCash
    Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN
    Sources say there is not a no-trade clause present anywhere in the proposed Weber contract. #FlyersTalk

is this because there may still be a trade in the works, or did Homer just make arguably the best contract offer ever lol

vCash
    Although I am personally trying to refrain from peeing myself with excitement I think we all need to take a step back and relax for a few minutes. Weber is not a Flyer yet and this is by no means a done deal. Nashville could potentially choose to match and crush all our hopes and dreams at any moment over the next 7 days.

Lets not book any Stanley Cup parades just yet until we know everything there is to know about this situation and what the outcome is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Interesting.....this is the last option I saw happening in this situation. I"m wondering what the difference is from last season though......we were supposedly in on Stamkos then and never made an offer sheet on him under the premise that Tampa would just match it....Nashville should be in the same situation you would think....so wondering what is different to Homer on the thought process of going with the offer sheet......

SHould be an interesting week ahead though!!
    Great point Hatch `I remember saying to my son last year we were so waiting to see Homer give an offer to Stamkos because if I am not mistaking Homer had that franchise by the balls in some way and it looked as though Homer knew if he made a very high offer for stamkos $115.mil/12 years Tampa probably would not have matched it and they did sign him for 5/years at $37/mil...

I told my son I believe from what I was reading that the NHL stepped in and ask the Flyers not to submit that offer sheet because it was the rookie GM year for the prince of Hockey Steve Yzerman and it would right out of the gate have critical affects on his career as GM for Tampa and the NHL loved the High profile affect that Steve Yzerman has in the NHL..

This was just my own personal opinion which I had last season when we at the last minute did not offer Samkos the contract......BUT NOT THIS YEAR !!! Homer is an amazing GM....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    is this because there may still be a trade in the works, or did Homer just make arguably the best contract offer ever lol

nevermind. just found out that you cannot include a NTC in an offer sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Although I am personally trying to refrain from peeing myself with excitement I think we all need to take a step back and relax for a few minutes. Weber is not a Flyer yet and this is by no means a done deal. Nashville could potentially choose to match and crush all our hopes and dreams at any moment over the next 7 days.

Lets not book any Stanley Cup parades just yet until we know everything there is to know about this situation and what the outcome is.

i'm not getting too hyped. i'm actually more hyped at the moment about how he is trying to get Weber than if they actually got him. he's trying to do so without giving up the likes of Couts or the Schenn brothers. can't ask for much more than that.

if he succeeds, pure brilliance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE View Post
    Nashville is matching the offer. This topic is dead...
    hes ***uming......

vCash
    Kyle Scott ‏@CrossingBroad
    Dreger on with @973espn : "Holmgren had enough, and in true Flyer philosophy, he said "Alright, we're going to do things our way."

Philadelphia Flyers: Bullies on the ice, and in the office.

vCash
    how much longer until it becomes official?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    how much longer until it becomes official?
    about 152 hours at most

vCash

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Paul Holmgren has made me a very proud Flyer's fan today, regardless of how this plays out

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers
    Shea Weber spent quite a bit of time with the Flyers' brass in Philly and toured facilities two weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    follow up:

Why is that significant? As his agent suggests, perhaps he is actually signing the offer sheet because he wants to play in Philadelphia.

vCash
    This is starting to feel like it could be the biggest ****ing tease ever leaving all of us with the bluest of balls. We're hearing all of the right things, and this might only happen for draft picks. But Nashville could break our hearts at any moment. I feel sick, I just want this to end.

vCash
    Someone tweeted that if Nashville matches, Plan B will be for Ed Snider to buy The Predators lol

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast