Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    has it been 7 days yet

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    has it been 7 days yet
    barely been 7 hours yet lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    I think the Flyers would miss Voracek's puck control/passing abilities....
    I'd much rather just give up the 4 1st rd picks. Voracek is almost the perfect linemate to pair with Giroux and Hartnell. That and Mez, Voracek, and Laughton are certainly worth more than 2 lousy late 1st rd picks. Just trade Mez or Timonen for some salary relief with the bevy of defenseman we have that can fill that #6 role.

vCash
    So.. Anyone else on NHLShop.. with a custom Weber jersey ready to be ordered, just waiting on the word?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'd much rather just give up the 4 1st rd picks. Voracek is almost the perfect linemate to pair with Giroux and Hartnell. That and Mez, Voracek, and Laughton are certainly worth more than 2 lousy late 1st rd picks. Just trade Mez or Timonen for some salary relief with the bevy of defenseman we have that can fill that #6 role.
    honestly, that's not even necessary, specifically timonen. he's gonna be a FA next off-season anyway. no need to trade him.

i don't want to see ANYONE get traded from this. it's just not necessary. NSH has NO leverage whatsoever in any trade negotiations. NONE.

vCash
    This is such a weird situation....there's something behind the scenes going on here......if Weber wants out of Nashville there is no way he signs the offer sheet. By signing it he would be committing himself to the chance that he will retire a Predator if Nashville matches....it's a pretty risky move to believe that Nashville won't match it. Maybe in the end they do, but it's still a pretty risk thing to bank on.

Could be a desperation move by him as well....with the new CBA looming this actually might be his only chance to get a guaranteed deal of this magnitude so he has to make a calculated decision as well. If the new CBA doesn't allow bonuses and frontloads and such then it's possible to think that waiting until next year could cost him 40 million in guaranteed money because he wouldnt' get a deal for that type of length.

Should be a pretty interesting bluff game here abut whether Nash can match the offer or make us at least believe that they will while they negotiate better compensation from us.....

I'm not surprised at the offer or with Homer...I'm more surprised that Weber actually signed it given he's one year from getting to choose where he goes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    This is such a weird situation....there's something behind the scenes going on here......if Weber wants out of Nashville there is no way he signs the offer sheet. By signing it he would be committing himself to the chance that he will retire a Predator if Nashville matches....it's a pretty risky move to believe that Nashville won't match it. Maybe in the end they do, but it's still a pretty risk thing to bank on.

Could be a desperation move by him as well....with the new CBA looming this actually might be his only chance to get a guaranteed deal of this magnitude so he has to make a calculated decision as well. If the new CBA doesn't allow bonuses and frontloads and such then it's possible to think that waiting until next year could cost him 40 million in guaranteed money because he wouldnt' get a deal for that type of length.

Should be a pretty interesting bluff game here abut whether Nash can match the offer or make us at least believe that they will while they negotiate better compensation from us.....

I'm not surprised at the offer or with Homer...I'm more surprised that Weber actually signed it given he's one year from getting to choose where he goes...
    you mentioned in your post why he did it, though: the CBA. with that hanging over his head, this deal is most likely the best offer he's going to get. so why not take it if you're him? if he ends up in Philly, he goes to a perennial contender and gets all that money. if the ends up in NSH, he still gets all that money, and he's never complained about playing in NSH. it's a total win-win for him.

i still don't see how NSH can plausibly be asking for Couturier or the Schenn brothers or even Read or Voracek. they have literally no leverage in any trade situation here.

unless i'm missing something....anyone?

vCash
    Weber's agent Kevin Epp on signing: "When Ryan [Suter] left, I think things changed. ... It wasn't the same team that finished the season."
    Twitter

lol bryz

vCash
    Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN

As for what (besides $) Weber likes about #Flyers, Epp says: youth, stability, history of organization and talented players on roster.
    Another Thing

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    you mentioned in your post why he did it, though: the CBA. with that hanging over his head, this deal is most likely the best offer he's going to get. so why not take it if you're him? if he ends up in Philly, he goes to a perennial contender and gets all that money. if the ends up in NSH, he still gets all that money, and he's never complained about playing in NSH. it's a total win-win for him.

i still don't see how NSH can plausibly be asking for Couturier or the Schenn brothers or even Read or Voracek. they have literally no leverage in any trade situation here.

unless i'm missing something....anyone?
    Well sure...that was some musing out loud.........but to subscribe to that theory you'd have to believe that he's a money first guy so that theory has merit on why he's sign it..but still leaves room for doubt. I mean you'd have to believe that once Suter took off that if Nashville was serious about keeping him and he was serious about staying that they'd have agreed to something a little more than what Suter signed for. That would have been a no brainer for Nashville to do that the SAME day Suter signed.......

which leads more speculation to the side that Weber would prefer to move on...

vCash
    On a slightly more comical note...........the news comes out that the prized piece in the entire league just signed an offer sheet with the Flyers and there is exactly ONE post in the Nashville forum about it LOL

vCash
    ^Once again that proves my point that we are BY FAR the most active community on psd(in the nhl anyway)

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    On a slightly more comical note...........the news comes out that the prized piece in the entire league just signed an offer sheet with the Flyers and there is exactly ONE post in the Nashville forum about it LOL
    a reason why they need him and why he won't be missed all rolled into one i suppose.

j/k. clearly they'll miss him dearly if he were to leave.

these reports of Couts and the Schenn brothers are just pissing me off, though.

vCash
    ikr.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Another Thing:
    Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN

As for what (besides $) Weber likes about #Flyers, Epp says: youth, stability, history of organization and talented players on roster.
    All signs point Weber will be a Flyer in 7/days !!......Gotta give Homer all kinds of credit here taking the approach if we dont get him no one else will "other than Nashville of course" .......This was such a very smart move on Homer,just WOW !!...Also we may & should get him without loosing the young guy`s if going just by the offer sheet....He pulls this off " Homer the best GM in the NHL " he should have been nominated last year...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast