Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I heard the latest rumor is that Poile has vowed to come up with the money to match the offer sheet himself be selling these around the Nashville area
    _______
    VVVVVV

vCash
    I'm with ya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    not to be a butthole - but duh ... he is going to be the captain of team canada at the next olympics ... should be our captain too.
    ...such a butthole...lol

vCash
    I speculate to think that offense was not a problem. Not only will Weber improve PP, PK, and general open ice movement, but he's the quintessential replacement for Pronger in every fit. The problem is not offense. Let's be honest the team does not really need Bobby Ryan unless they trade him for scraps. I'd take Weber and the team we have and move forward without a complaint. Cap relief can come by moving Meszaros who is healthy at this point where we can add another piece.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    I speculate to think that offense was not a problem. Not only will Weber improve PP, PK, and general open ice movement, but he's the quintessential replacement for Pronger in every fit. The problem is not offense. Let's be honest the team does not really need Bobby Ryan unless they trade him for scraps. I'd take Weber and the team we have and move forward without a complaint. Cap relief can come by moving Meszaros who is healthy at this point where we can add another piece.
    Id take Weber and the team we have now and be dancing and singing in the streets!!!! Nevermind not complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Lot of speculation out there...some think a trade might be worked out others think Weber signed the sheet knowing Nashville would match. Going to be long week
    im so confused here how does a trade get worked out? ITs 1 of 2 options.... Either the Preds dont match and the Flyers get Web and Preds get 4 - 1st round draft picks

Or the Preds retain Web.

Theres no other grey line. Preds cannot trade Weber now, he signed an offer sheet, preds only option is to or not to match. Period. They cannot MATCH then trade him because if they Preds match Weber CANNOT be traded for a full year.

the ONLY way something like this could happen is because they have such good relations with one another is if the Flyers and Preds already have something stupid that was setup... like for example...

Dont sign the offer sheet, they get 4 1st rounders. Then we trade them some decent players for crappy AHLERS... HELL maybe we can trade Bryz back and get Rinne LMFAO... kidding there. But thats the only way I could see something as a "trade" and under lining trade that will send some GOOD players their way for CRAP in return lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    im so confused here how does a trade get worked out? ITs 1 of 2 options.... Either the Preds dont match and the Flyers get Web and Preds get 4 - 1st round draft picks

Or the Preds retain Web.

Theres no other grey line. Preds cannot trade Weber now, he signed an offer sheet, preds only option is to or not to match. Period. They cannot MATCH then trade him because if they Preds match Weber CANNOT be traded for a full year.

the ONLY way something like this could happen is because they have such good relations with one another is if the Flyers and Preds already have something stupid that was setup... like for example...

Dont sign the offer sheet, they get 4 1st rounders. Then we trade them some decent players for crappy AHLERS... HELL maybe we can trade Bryz back and get Rinne LMFAO... kidding there. But thats the only way I could see something as a "trade" and under lining trade that will send some GOOD players their way for CRAP in return lol.
    You can negotiate the compensation apparently. Saw it on TSN feed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    ...such a butthole...lol
    thanks for laughing and taking it lightly ... everyone seems to be in a much better move that we tentatively have shea weber on the team ...

i might delcare this a holiday ... shea weber day ... almost like Cliff Lee day but a little better b/c shea weber is more important than cliff is to their respective teams ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Poile says in statement they will review offer sheet due to its complexity, will not make any further comments until decision is made..

heres the whole thing

"our intention would be to match and retain Shea" - note the wording.... intention - would be - to me that sounds different from, WE WILL and ARE GOING TOO

you boys ready for a long bumpy ride...

lets see roster projections now... too lazy to do it..whos down?

assuming the Flyers don't trade with Nashville and re-sign Voracek:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek

Schenn - Briere - Simmonds

Fedetenko/Talbot - Couturier - Read

Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo/Fedetenko

Timonen - Weber

Coburn - Grossmann

Meszaros - Schenn

Bryzgalov
    Leighton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    You can negotiate the compensation apparently. Saw it on TSN feed
    or ... since homer and polie are 'friends' ... not sure how good of friends they are after this offer sheet but ... 'friends' ....

there could be a hand shake that says, "don't match" and we will give you laughton, mez, and vorachek and you give us back 2 first round picks out of our 4 that we owe you ...

basically ... polie would then rape us a bit back ... i could see that being true

nashville ends up with 2 first rounders, laughton, mez, voachek

we end up with keeping 2 of our first rounders and weber ... and we dont have to go to next year in the UFA market for Weber ... and we get it done before the CBA goes into effect so it is legal ... pretty genius if we are pulling that off behind the scenes ...

vCash
    Nashville is matching the offer. This topic is dead...

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE View Post
    Source please????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    or ... since homer and polie are 'friends' ... not sure how good of friends they are after this offer sheet but ... 'friends' ....

there could be a hand shake that says, "don't match" and we will give you laughton, mez, and vorachek and you give us back 2 first round picks out of our 4 that we owe you ...

basically ... polie would then rape us a bit back ... i could see that being true

nashville ends up with 2 first rounders, laughton, mez, voachek

we end up with keeping 2 of our first rounders and weber ... and we dont have to go to next year in the UFA market for Weber ... and we get it done before the CBA goes into effect so it is legal ... pretty genius if we are pulling that off behind the scenes ...
    I am good with a deal of Laughton, Mez, Voracek and 2 firsts for Weber. We can eat that one with our depth up front and our abundance of youth that is already at the NHL level. We are taking about probably the best defenseman in the NHL today and possibly the best of his generation in orange and black for the remainder of his career. We get a replacement for Pronger, a leader, a PP quarterback, a PK defenseman and a big body with a bit of a nasty streak all rolled into one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE View Post
    ^ buzzkill...

vCash
    I think the Flyers would miss Voracek's puck control/passing abilities....

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast