Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So much speculation, I can't wait for next week. It's been like 10 hours and i'm already extremely stressed out haha

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    like i said...7 days of this possibly lol

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    So much speculation, I can't wait for next week. It's been like 10 hours and i'm already extremely stressed out haha
    i know. this is the absolute worst part about the offer sheet dilemma. gotta wait so damn long.

this is crazy. it's hard to believe NSH would not match this offer, but it's also hard to believe they have enough pure money to pay this guy what he's owed over the next 2 years, even just the lump sum of $27 mil he's going to get.

and to those who think the Flyers and NSH will work out a trade instead, it's possible sure. but remember, the Flyers really are in the driver's seat in those negotiations. sure NSH can ask for Couts/Schenn or both and more, but the Flyers can just turn around and say, "well, he signed a contract with us, so we don't have to give you those guys. it's either deal X, or you match our contract".

shrewd and cold, but true.

wow i'm just in shock...

vCash
    What if Nashville signs Weber and the team struggles and they lose money? They won't be able to trade him and they will lose that $27 million dollars and then trade him next offseason anyway. A lot of things to consider. In Homer I trust though

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    The Preds should match the offer and I think they will. That doesn't stop me from getting excited though

vCash
    regardless its rather quite funny to see every Pens, Rangers, Devils fan trying to make this seem like its not a big deal... and

"why would someone come to philly to juts get traded" oh how i love that one.... rookies!

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    If Weber does land here....and it's for the $7.85 million/year...that puts the Flyers right at the salary cap of $70.2 million (according to capgeek)....and that's WITHOUT signing Voracek...

Homer HAS to have something else planned to shed some salary...Pronger's LTIR money will be great for the team, but Voracek doesn't stay with this team if that's the money they're counting on....because it doesn't kick in till after the first day of the season...

vCash
    "This is like taking home a supermodel. ... even if she leaves in the morning you still had that one night." This about sums it up for me

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Voracek is a player they must sign for this team...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    If Weber does land here....and it's for the $7.85 million/year...that puts the Flyers right at the salary cap of $70.2 million (according to capgeek)....and that's WITHOUT signing Voracek...

Homer HAS to have something else planned to shed some salary...Pronger's LTIR money will be great for the team, but Voracek doesn't stay with this team if that's the money they're counting on....because it doesn't kick in till after the first day of the season...
    You can be 10% above the cap during the off-season and since Pronger will go to LTIR, that gives us an extra 4m to work with (I believe. Please someone with a greater knowledge of the CBA correct me if I'm wrong).

If that is incorrect, I imagine we will dump Mez for a draft pick. I'm setting myself up for a major let down, but...

Weber/Timonen
    Coburn/Grossman
    Schenn/Mez

We could replace Mez with Gus or Lilja and still have a great defensive core.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    The Preds should match the offer and I think they will. That doesn't stop me from getting excited though
    28 million due to Weber by July 1 2013, I don't think they can match the offer. I think a different trade is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    You can be 10% above the cap during the off-season and since Pronger will go to LTIR, that gives us an extra 4m to work with (I believe. Please someone with a greater knowledge of the CBA correct me if I'm wrong).

If that is incorrect, I imagine we will dump Mez for a draft pick. I'm setting myself up for a major let down, but...

Weber/Timonen
    Coburn/Grossman
    Schenn/Mez

We could replace Mez with Gus or Lilja and still have a great defensive core.
    Yes, you can be 10% above, which would easily allow us to sign Voracek still. Start B. Schenn in the AHL on day 1 of the season and LTIR Pronger just to get the cap room back, but I think you have to send Mez off. You've got 7+ million tied up on your 3rd defensive pairing and 0 wiggle room with the cap if you don't.

vCash
    I would imagine more then Schenn would have to be sent down to the AHL to fit Voracek into the lineup...Schenn is a $3.1 million hit....Voracek, rumored, is getting $3.5-4 million per year....

vCash
    Did Homer call Joe Banner on contract structuring? That thing looks like something straight out of the NFL!

vCash
    ^Maybe when Joe Banner left the Eagles he decided to stay in town to come on board as a cap adviser for the Flyers?

vCash
    I love this move. Poile has kept us hanging on a string and pushing back talks so Homer forced his hand. Sure its a risky, ballsy and even some would say ******* move but you dont win Stanley Cups by playing it safe all the time. I personally love Homer because he has the balls to almost annualy rock the NHL with a gutsy move.

As for those that are worried about Giroux.... Homer is too smart for that and knows if he gets Weber like this everyone will be lining up to OS Giroux so he will extend him before that point. I also think there is a deal worked out behind the scenes that may involve Voracek +. Suppossedly Poile is buddies with Homer and I think Homer is too smart to do something like this behind Poile's back and leave himself open to get caught with his pants down when Nashville does the same to Voracek. My bet is that Voracek is gone as part of an agreement for Nashville to not match the OS.

As for us now becoming the ******* of the NHL. Who gives a ****???? We already are the *******s of the NHL because everyone already still looks at us as the Broadstreet Bullies.

Bottomline is if we get Weber without giving up Schenn or Couts then they can call us *******s all they want cause in the epic words of Patrick Roy "We wont be able to hear what they said cause our ears were plugged with our Stanley Cup rings"

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast